Darkchild worked on Janet’s new album?!?

Lenzo88

4 minutes ago, J. said:

What does that mean???? The album came and went and flopped, but still

Nine critics took the time to review that album. That’s it. I wonder why 🤔

Meanwhile Janet had double that for Unbreakable (an independent release) 

While MC’s few fans can continue to enjoy it, it wasn’t good

30 minutes ago, Illi said:

I honestly dont see the hype with Caution. You could argue the the production was better than Unbreakable, but the weakness in songwriting offset that. Portrait was the only song the I really liked.

I guess when you have an army of producers, you get Caution

16 hours ago, DarkStormSC said:

I wouldn't be mad if he produced 1 or 2 songs on the new album, espescially if it was tailored toward a specif theme she had for this album with Jimmy and Terry. I still enjoy Feedback, Make Me, and this . . .https://youtu.be/YZDssn2lnyk

That song sounds horrible which is why it never seen the light of day. The production sounds unfinished or unpolished.

6 hours ago, J. said:

Ew @ David Guetta. 

But there’s A LOT of talent out there. Idc how any of you feel about Mariah Carey or ‘Caution’ but she managed to sound like classic Mariah but sound current. Lyric and content-wise Janet has it because she’s writing, but production-wise there’s significant room for improvement...but a lot fans seem to think that working with anyone besides JJ/TL is desperate and microwave music. It just shows their taste and how much they actually know about what’s out there. The point, for me, is that janet doesn’t even have to pander to the commercial side...I just want an updated sound. 

I know but David's music has mass worldwide appeal like Calvin's lol. Both of their music makes hits all over the world. I've always wanted Janet to work with other producers than Jimmy and Terry. Fans need to know Jimmy and Terry don't "make" Janet. They make her better but they don't "make" her. "Feedback" was Janet's last top 20 hit on Billboard 100 and Jimmy and Terry didn't lay a finger on that one.

Jimmy Jam AND Terry Lewis MAKE Janet Jackson

No other producers could do it. And Janet didn’t even lay one finger on Feedback :lmao: (overrated song with zero substance) 

The fact that you think Dave Guetta makes hits is a joke

The fact that you think Janet is in this for hits is a joke

• Upvote 1

I don't see how anybody can argue against Jimmy and Terry being heavily involved in this new project ...y'all up here acting like Unbreakable wasn't her best album since 'All For You'...like JJ/TL are not a vital part of us stanning for the Queens timeless music...chile...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Not one person who voted against Darkchild said ANYTHING about Janet should work w/ the "hot" producer. Infact i dont ever recall any fans ever saying they wish she worked with Timbaland, Neptunes, Swizz (back when they were "hot") .. If she was gonna step outside of Jimmy and Terry i always preferred her to work w/ fresh new unheard of producers,personally. You created your own assumption

One of the first comments was "Darkchild is late"...I don't know what your interpretation of that is but I know what mine is.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

I don't see how anybody can argue against Jimmy and Terry being heavily involved in this new project ...y'all up here acting like Unbreakable wasn't her best album since 'All For You'...like JJ/TL are not a vital part of us stanning for the Queens timeless music...chile...

I think the point is a producer being current or hot is irrelevant...it will either work (as it clearly does with JJ/TL) or not. Darkchild is one of the few times she stepped out and it worked so why anyone should be so against it I dunno. Its really subjective to be honest and this tired ass topic has been done to death

17 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I think the point is a producer being current or hot is irrelevant...it will either work (as it clearly does with JJ/TL) or not. Darkchild is one of the few times she stepped out and it worked so why anyone should be so against it I dunno. Its really subjective to be honest and this tired ass topic has been done to death

Did it work? When? I must have missed it.. It wasn’t on her most anticipated albums.. it wasn’t on her critically acclaimed albums or her best albums 

22 hours ago, vibeology said:

One of the first comments was "Darkchild is late"...I don't know what your interpretation of that is but I know what mine is.

He’s late meaning he hasn’t had anything good in years. Ciara’s “Dose” sounds like something from 2006. 

22 hours ago, vibeology said:

They can have all the chemistry in the world and still use old beats 

On 2/8/2019 at 12:04 PM, eli's_rhythm said:

Caution is a really good album guys, don't. Unbreakable is better only because it has more bops, but it also has lower lows (because Caution only has 10 songs lol).

Right. If it had more songs then, yeah...

On 2/8/2019 at 8:45 AM, Illi said:

You could argue the the production was better than Unbreakable

It’s not up for debate.

but they’re two different types of albums. UB’s biggest strength is it’s lyrical content and diversity. Caution, production.

I used the album as an example of mixing the modern with signature traits. That’s it.