Oscars tonight

bu.

3 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

come on honey, if they asked whose the queen of pop, what's the answer we're gonna hear?

Legit there isn’t one single Queen of Pop. No one single woman has been able to take the title in the same way Michael was able to for the king of pop. But if I was to rank them I’d say Madonna and then Janet but with Janet having more of an edge for transcending race and being talented. Although Gaga deserves it for Artpop 

14 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

chile look at that list though? It's busted as hell, I wish they would give Rihanna an acting anything :mellow:  and Miley Cyrus :blink: she should leave the building ....and JLo is only in the building as a place holder :coffee: she aint even nominated for anything

Again though, talent doesn't have anything to do with it.

12 minutes ago, bu. said:

They did it years ago. They got their success from it. Then they stopped crossing over and focused on other avenues. You’re talking about RIGHT NOW, in your own words. Miley’s focus is music and her marriage right now. Rihanna’s focus is make up and movies right now. Ariana’s focus is music and recovering from anxiety right now. Beyoncé’s focus is to have a break right now before she promotes The Lion King this summer. Jennifer Hudson focus is the Voice UK right now. Jennifer Lopez focus is what she can steal next right now. I don’t even know what’s alicia is doing. But all of those have been there done that and no long trying it therefore my point still stands. Gaga is all alone in the house therefore she is not the top. 

Um.....the point isn't & hasn't been about "right now" (with the exception of the Oscar win) it's about in their entire careers, that's what it's been about, that's why they're worth mentioning. Gaga isn't doing a TV series right now, her season of AHS was like 5yrs ago now....hell Rihanna did Bates Motel 2 years after that. The layout of award wins and nominations weren't contingent on ASIB, it's about all time. And in all time, every singer I named (AND MORE) have ventured into these realms with not much to show for it period, does it mean someone won't next year? No it doesn't, it means right now, in terms of those singers out now & that have, Gaga's the 1 who has this kind of success in MUSIC, TV, & FIlm.....nobody else...yet, but they all try/have tried/Will try, but she's the top cause she succeeded. Does it make her the best at any of it or to do anything singularly, NO, but she's doing it all and she's getting recognized for it all

1 minute ago, jarrylf said:

Again though, talent doesn't have anything to do with it.

Um.....the point isn't & hasn't been about "right now" it's about, in their entire careers, that's what it's been about, that's why they're worth mentioning. Gaga isn't doing a TV series right now, her season of AHS was like 5yrs ago now....hell Rihanna did Bates Motel 2 years after that. The layout of award wins and nominations weren't contingent on ASIB, it's about all time. And in all time, every singer I named (AND MORE) have ventured into these realms with not much to show for it period, does it mean someone won't next year? No it doesn't, it means right now, in terms of those singers out now, Gaga's the 1 who has this kind of success in MUSIC, TV, & FIlm.....nobody else...yet, but they all try/have tried/Will try, but she's the top cause she succeeded.

Oh so since I caught you out you’re changing your story to whole career now because you definitely were talking about RIGHT NOW before and even then the point stands - she is not the top especially when you bring white privilege in to the conversation! It’s a classic case of when stanning clouds reality. On top of that nothing those girls have ever song has ever been geared towards the Oscars or movie awards in general except Dreamgirls which won a few awards hence Beyoncé and J hud have been there done that and moved on. Beyoncé’s only disadvantage was that they changed the rules which blocked her from getting included in the nomination for Listen but they seem to have changed the rule back since there was 4 people accepting that award last night. And she hasn’t even tried since then. So she’s still all alone in the house and still not the top. 

25 minutes ago, bu. said:

Oh so since I caught you out you’re changing your story to whole career now because you definitely were talking about RIGHT NOW before and even then the point stands - she is not the top especially when you bring white privilege in to the conversation! It’s a classic case of when stanning clouds reality. On top of that nothing those girls have ever song has ever been geared towards the Oscars or movie awards in general except Dreamgirls which won a few awards hence Beyoncé and J hud have been there done that and moved on. Beyoncé’s only disadvantage was that they changed the rules which blocked her from getting included in the nomination for Listen but they seem to have changed the rule back since there was 4 people accepting that award last night. And she hasn’t even tried since then. So she’s still all alone in the house and still not the top. 

Dahrlin....if I brought in Gaga's TV success......it couldn't have been "NOW". And white privilage for or against her....she's got this success...period. And...most of them have put in work into soundtracks to be considered (pretty much everyone I named actually). JHud has no musical or TV success....yet she's trying shes' been trying VERY hard in terms of films over the years, and Bey has very little acting success (nothing prestigious anyway). So unless we're saying Gaga's the only musician who does & has done TV, Film & Music......it's actually a pretty damn crowded ever growing house really. So again....she on top, and basically they all are either trying to or have tried to. Been there done that is actually irrelevant because they tired, period. That's what it's about & it's what it's always been about and no "if's or buts" will do in changing that, it's what is & isn't, and Gaga has all of that, period.

There is 1 threat tho.....(I guess I was the only 1 digging) Mary J. Blige, she hasn't won anything for her acting but she's been nominated now for all the prestigious awards and is doing TV now, so Gaga's still the top, but Mary's trying harder more than anyone else right now (as far as we see)

5 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Dahrlin....if I brought in Gaga's TV success......it couldn't have been "NOW". And white privilage for or against her....she's got this success...period. And...most of them have put in work into soundtracks to be considered (pretty much everyone I named actually). JHud has no musical or TV success....yet she's trying shes' been trying VERY hard in terms of films over the years, and Bey has very little acting success (nothing prestigious anyway). So unless we're saying Gaga's the only musician who does & has done TV, Film & Music......it's actually a pretty damn crowded ever growing house really. So again....she on top, and basically they all are either trying to or have tried to. Been there done that is actually irrelevant because they tired, period. That's what it's about & it's what it's always been about and no "if's or buts" will do in changing that, it's what is & isn't, and Gaga has all of that, period.

There is 1 threat tho.....(I guess I was the only 1 digging) Mary J. Blige, she hasn't won anything for her acting but she's been nominated now for all the prestigious awards and is doing TV now, so Gaga's still the top, but Mary's trying harder more than anyone else right now (as far as we see)

That

9 hours ago, bu. said:

Anyway imma say it one last time

Gaga is NOT the top entertainer. And The Cure deserved to be a hit. /end thread 

And allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll o' this and allllllllllllllllllllllll o' that

Image result for jay my wife and kids gif

11 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Golden Globe win for acting on a TV series, got it

Golden Globe nomination for Acting in a movie, got it

Emmy Nomination for acting in a series, Got it

Grammys, #1's, Oscar, Golden Globe in music, Got it

Oscar for acting, Got it

WHO.ELSE? If nobody else does, she's the top of pop stars who venture into film & TV, PERIOD. For like the 12th time, it don't make her the best to have all that, it makes her a threat that nobody else is right now at having ALLLL of that

And ALLLL OF THIS Related imageAND ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL O DAAAATRelated image

11 hours ago, bu. said:

Anyway imma say it one last time

Gaga is NOT the top entertainer. And The Cure deserved to be a hit. /end thread 

But not forgetting ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL O THIS and ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL O THAT

Image result for my wife and kids gif JAY