Janet - Park MGM Las Vegas Residency

Kishi

4 hours ago, _KINGSEANCOURT_ said:

I'm very excited about this Vegas gig. I hope this brings back BIG PRODUCTION Janet. 

Well shes a pop act doing a vegas residency so its suppose to be bells n whistles. She better not try that scaled back shit for Vegas. That is NOT the place. I would like to think Janet is intelligent enough to know production is needed here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I really hope they're giving Janet the funding to do a big show. Vegas NEEDS pyro and some special effects at least. The costumes need to be better; I noticed that she didn't bother changing outfits for Japan, which felt odd to me. She wore that one jumpsuit for the whole show... I hope the back-up dancers get good costumes down. I get that Janet is trying to keep costs down because she doesn't get major funding anymore, but with Vegas I'd assume the budget would be bigger.

I hope this isn't too similar to SOTW.

49 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

I said what I SAID.

And nothing you say can change it.

BLOOP!

You said bs which is out of character

2 hours ago, Rocknet said:

NAW BITCH....we aint gonna do this, cause you can stay every last bitch you get called, matter of fact I might make up some new ones :rolleyes: anyone in here don't know what time it is they betta check 9:50 okay :yep:

I don’t know what any of this says or means 

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

"I bet you think this quote is about you, don't you, don't you, DONT YOOOOOOOOUUUU...I'm gone"

King me

29 minutes ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I really hope they're giving Janet the funding to do a big show. Vegas NEEDS pyro and some special effects at least. The costumes need to be better; I noticed that she didn't bother changing outfits for Japan, which felt odd to me. She wore that one jumpsuit for the whole show... I hope the back-up dancers get good costumes down. I get that Janet is trying to keep costs down because she doesn't get major funding anymore, but with Vegas I'd assume the budget would be bigger.

I hope this isn't too similar to SOTW.

she seems to like pyro, the issue there is whether or not the venue allows pyro by code or law, some places you cant just set off 8 explosions in a row of 20 people :lol: I'm not saying she cant have pyro Im asking whether that's allowed within that venue

55 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Well shes a pop act doing a vegas residency so its suppose to be bells n whistles. She better not try that scaled back shit for Vegas. That is NOT the place. I would like to think Janet is intelligent enough to know production is needed here.

Im afraid, Im afraid Janet has had Gil on too long as creative director for all the lower budget tours he may not know or create the kind of show Janet should be doing in Vegas. I think at the very least get a co-creative director on board

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

I really hope so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Got 2 tickets to opening night, section 304 straight down the center of the stage... never been to an opening night of anything except a movie so this is going to be especially exciting considering I will have zero spoilers going in and ANYTHING could happen! 🙌🏼

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think it’s smart for her to do Vegas and I don’t think it’s sexist. As an actual woman with society’s weight on my shoulders, I can see why she’d want to give her child some stability as I believe she has custody of her young son. It helps from a stability standpoint as well as with his immune system. I remember reading about Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s twins getting sick in Europe while on tour and there were people saying that they shouldn’t have been flying their children around so frequently. There’s nothing wrong with making accommodations for working moms. It’s what we ask companies to do which is why there’s a push for better parental leave, flexible hours, and additional protections for working moms so that they don’t opt out of the workforce and we can continue to push for better gender representation for women at senior levels. Nobody would consider that sexism. They would consider it a push for parity. And I say this knowing damn well I’m now in a senior level position to push for practices and benefits that protect working moms. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Enough with dissing Gil 

Unbreakable & ALL the SOTW tour was epic

Park Theatre isn’t a stadium.. it only 5200

I guess this venue is the same one Lady Gaga is doing her residency from, and it does only seat 5200 people. I'm wondering whose shelling out over a grand a seat. This show better have all the bells and whistles

3 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

You guys should relax. This will not be SOTW. The entire theme and press around the show are completely different and she would be dragged down the Strip for putting on the same show she's been touring with since 2015 2017. BF and I just got tix for the second Saturday and I cannot wait.

bf ? :blink:  and where ya'll coming from?

So...it’s really likely that the show will be slightly stripped down & just have visuals. Kinda like Janet’s start at MGM & her career through the years with her performing the career...

But she’s not getting a HUGE production like some other Vegas acts because the venue is closer to the size of UCAP venues. 

The added surprise element is that she’s allegedly “celebrating” the anniversary of Rhythm Nation...so who knows how that looks or what it will mean because she’s ALWAYS performed most of the big tracks from the album anyway. 

13 hours ago, Angela said:

I think it’s smart for her to do Vegas and I don’t think it’s sexist. As an actual woman with society’s weight on my shoulders, I can see why she’d want to give her child some stability as I believe she has custody of her young son. It helps from a stability standpoint as well as with his immune system. I remember reading about Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s twins getting sick in Europe while on tour and there were people saying that they shouldn’t have been flying their children around so frequently. There’s nothing wrong with making accommodations for working moms. It’s what we ask companies to do which is why there’s a push for better parental leave, flexible hours, and additional protections for working moms so that they don’t opt out of the workforce and we can continue to push for better gender representation for women at senior levels. Nobody would consider that sexism. They would consider it a push for parity. And I say this knowing damn well I’m now in a senior level position to push for practices and benefits that protect working moms. 

Exactly. Thank you very much. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angela said:

I think it’s smart for her to do Vegas and I don’t think it’s sexist. As an actual woman with society’s weight on my shoulders, I can see why she’d want to give her child some stability as I believe she has custody of her young son. It helps from a stability standpoint as well as with his immune system. I remember reading about Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s twins getting sick in Europe while on tour and there were people saying that they shouldn’t have been flying their children around so frequently. There’s nothing wrong with making accommodations for working moms. 

It’s not sexist for her to seek whatever she wants to seek

It is sexist for men to suggest a woman needs to do something to accommodate that woman’s child. Your Jay-Z example doesn’t cover that. No one has said “hmm Jay-Z should go to Vegas bc he has 4 children.. settle down.. stop traveling” 

Men Pushing their societal and ancient agenda on working women is sexist

An example: if “50 year old Brad from accounting” told “Stephanie” that she shouldnt work so much and so hard bc she just had a baby

8 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

It is sexist for men to suggest a woman needs to do something to accommodate that woman’s child. Your Jay-Z example doesn’t cover that. No one has said “hmm Jay-Z should go to Vegas bc he has 4 children.. settle down.. stop traveling” 

An example: if “50 year old Brad from accounting” told “Stephanie” that she shouldnt work so much and so hard bc she just had a baby

actually I'm getting the impression that by being a man you cannot ask or say anything to a woman. Which is sexist in itself, unless you think men can't be discriminated against :umm:

16 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

You’re reaching. First, you don’t know everyone’s sex behind the screen. Second, what you perceive as a sexist suggestion or recognition can literally be a logical concern. 

Third, biologically & physically men/women do not go through the same experience in the reproduction process. It’s literally possible for a woman to over exert themselves after pushing life out of their bodies. No one is saying how much a woman should or shouldn’t work...that’s up to her health, doctor, & personal discretion. 

Just because it comes from a man’s mouth does not make it sexist. It has nothing to do with agenda. It can be argued your perceived perspective of what is fair & equal to a woman - after a woman just told you through her lens & experience, is sexist & agenda based. Since you feel yours holds more weight than a woman herself. 

Many women think about the totality of motherhood & family. Janet loves being with her son & im sure she loves her son being in good health - IF multi-travel & environments & strange contact can threaten that...it could be in her interest to work against that while still maintaining her efforts & desires to work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

Funk you :umm: you aint got no man :umm:

Uhhh yeah I do. I just don’t broadcast it 

3 minutes ago, Rocknet said:

actually I'm getting the impression that by being a man you cannot ask or say anything to a woman. Which is sexist in itself, unless you think men can't be discriminated against :umm:

This is not the time or place to discuss what shouldn’t be asked or said to women

I didn’t imply that men can’t be discriminated against

Please re-read what I said until you figure it out

1 minute ago, Game For Now said:

This is not the time or place to discuss what shouldn’t be asked or said to women

OHHHHHH that's right i think I saw a picture of him, I wouldnt broadcast that either :filenails:

2 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Im not re-reading shit, you aint making sense no way, what else is new :coffee: