The Metamorphosis Show Setlist

jinthahouse

14 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I must be in the minority but im completely against "new music" being apart of shows bc thats usually when you lose the momentum of the audience energy cus they cant connect to new shit that they dont know. Thats when shit realistically gets dry ... So in order for shit to stay up beat it has to be HITS that ppl know and they remember. New music does not need to be apart of her show ..save it for the tours 

She’s been parading her hits for the last few tours, in glad to see her shedding them and embracing other songs, and so is the crowd.

Janet knows that the crowd is a mix of her super fans, her casual fans, and just regular people. Even if the crowd isn’t particularly hype on a song they don’t know, it doesn’t mean they aren’t enjoying it and getting to know it. It’s part of the experience of going to a concert. 

• Like 1

ok im talking to super fans who would like to see the creative and avant grande visual expertise that Janet is. Would you like to see Janet do New choreographed songs that are unexpected and  have amazing reinvented concepts of old songs in like NEW NEW Choreography and theatrics like Madonna(who dont at times have her biggest hits in the setlist  but purposefully want to show the audience a REINVENTION of an era with a new album that you could feel by putting 8-10 new songs in the new tour and guess what her tours are still successful despite her spontaneity and consistent showmanship that I truly feel Janet and her team possess on a 100 level.

Honestly in recent times I think the greatest Reinvention was in the Unbreakable/SOTW Tour renditionof When I Think Of You  from a fun street dance pop song to a sultry sexy(NEW CONCEPT) chair jazz routine(NEW choreo) performance was masterful and unexpected as well all the top openings of recent tours.

5 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

She’s been parading her hits for the last few tours, in glad to see her shedding them and embracing other songs, and so is the crowd.

Janet knows that the crowd is a mix of her super fans, her casual fans, and just regular people. Even if the crowd isn’t particularly hype on a song they don’t know, it doesn’t mean they aren’t enjoying it and getting to know it. It’s part of the experience of going to a concert. 

I agree and I say this not to compare her with Madonna its just to be honest I miss the level of spontaneity that Janet had with her tours back in the day where she did reinvent her image and included 8-10 new songs on her tours. It keeps her fresh to visually look at. However I honestly believe classics are classic and choreos, concepts and costumes such as Rhythm Nation and Alright or Miss You Much or Pleasure Principle shouldnt be touched for iconicness sake.

I honestly miss being excited to see what she was going to do next on her tours what Grammy level extreme choreo she is going to whip out on her next tour. How it will sound like in which she can contain elements or a sample of an old song.

I miss being this awed and shocked of her performing new songs IN AND ONLY IN their respective eras:-

And sometimes you could change the concept with older songs but not the choreo

And sometimes you could change the choreo and not the concept with older songs

Or just gut both concept and choreo and make it a new remixed song with new choreo and concept.

9 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

From being an antendee for tons of concerts for almost 30 years...i was giving MY assessment from MY experience. You can have your opinion..i didnt say i had a popular opinion hence me saying .."Im in the minority". And thats fine..its really nothing to debate.. Me personally, I dont like when artists perform new music i dont know. And thats my right to feel that way. 

And lets be clear..I never said I didnt like Janet doin album tracks. Youre completely mixing my words all around for nothing. Its MY opinion

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

bitch wtf does that have to do with attending her concert. You're stupid for saying and Jarryl is stupid for liking the comment.

That was EXTREMELY stupid. Jarry too... like....juss cus you prefer for Janet not to put new music in her vegas show? "Then dont buy a ticket" ..is the response to a preference? My God, you ppl are childish. Newflash board..we are ALL not gonna agree on everything. Preferences and opinions are common for ANY person. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

That was EXTREMELY stupid. Jarry too... like....juss cus you prefer for Janet not to put new music in her vegas show? "Then dont buy a ticket" ..is the response to a preference? My God, you ppl are childish. Newflash board..we are ALL not gonna agree on everything. Preferences and opinions are common for ANY person. 

Thank you! I honestly don't know what i'm more surprised by, the idiotic response of "Then don't buy a ticket." or Jarryl being childish enough to even like that response towards someone he knows is a diehard fan and sees on twitter, facebook, and instagram riding hard for Janet all the time. Mind you he knows I went to her show twice last year and I put 2 clips of the show on my instagram.

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

Since SOTW era seems to be over (Gil and others said it), do you think Janet is gonna bring the Metamorphosis show (or parts of it) to Glastonbury and Montreux in between the residency? 

Seems likely but who knows!!! Janet always been soooo unpredictable!!! 🤷🏾‍♂️ I just want another shading throwing quote for the ages!!! #AnchorsOnYourFeet 😎

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Thank you! I honestly don't know what i'm more surprised by, the idiotic response of "Then don't buy a ticket." or Jarryl being childish enough to even like that response towards someone he knows is a diehard fan and sees on twitter, facebook, and instagram riding hard for Janet all the time. Mind you he knows I went to her show twice last year and I put 2 clips of the show on my instagram.

I was surprised at Jarry too....that was beyond odd. He's normally not childish like that 

13 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

I honestly miss being excited to see what she was going to do next on her tours what Grammy level extreme choreo she is going to whip out on her next tour. How it will sound like in which she can contain elements or a sample of an old song.

I miss being this awed and shocked of her performing new songs IN AND ONLY IN their respective eras:-

And sometimes you could change the concept with older songs but not the choreo

And sometimes you could change the choreo and not the concept with older songs

Or just gut both concept and choreo and make it a new remixed song with new choreo and concept.

Who was the creative director for the AFY tour? Was it Shawnette? 

6 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

Why yes it is she was credited as also the main choreographer and set design of the tour stage.

Honestly, the AFY tour was such a downgrade from TVR tour!!! Not bad by any means, but only because that tour set the bar SOOOOO high in terms of theatrics and production that Janet has yet to top it....and really doesn’t need to. The RWU tour came VERY close to beating it but it was soooo short lived and over time, Janet couldn’t commit to such an elaborate and lengthy show at her age at the time. Metamorphosis could be the show that brings her back to that level of visuals and production, as long as she doesn’t overdo it! Pace yourself momma! You have nothing more to prove! You still got it! Don’t try so hard and just do Janet! 😎🙂👍

3 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, the AFY tour was such a downgrade from TVR tour!!! Not bad by any means, but only because that tour set the bar SOOOOO high in terms of theatrics and production that Janet has yet to top it....and really doesn’t need to. The RWU tour came VERY close to beating it but it was soooo short lived and over time, Janet couldn’t commit to such an elaborate and lengthy show at her age at the time. Metamorphosis could be the show that brings her back to that level of visuals and production, as long as she doesn’t overdo it! Pace yourself momma! You have nothing more to prove! You still got it! Don’t try so hard and just do Janet! 😎🙂👍

I agree RWU Tour was really something and honestly had some elements of reinventing her songs and just seeing all the new choreo. Btw what about the RWU Tour you like more than All For You Tour. I just love the overall production for me honeslty

3 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

I disagree! AFY was litty and legendary. From the moment she descends for Come on Get Up to that damn jean and long sleeve white crop top. Moments! Moments!

I thought the more tamer later shows was due of lack of label support.  She is still hitting the moves.

I was right by the stage for the golden circle for the RWU tour. I wore myself out. I think I slept the whole next day. Skipped class and everything lol. 

7 minutes ago, trackboy said:

I disagree! AFY was litty and legendary. From the moment she descends for Come on Get Up to that damn jean and long sleeve white crop top. Moments! Moments!

I thought the more tamer later shows was due of lack of label support.  She is still hitting the moves.

I was right by the stage for the golden circle for the RWU tour. I wore myself out. I think I slept the whole next day. Skipped class and everything lol. 

I mean you do have a point and it was that theatrical disinvolvement from the previous era The Velvet Rope and its tour felt like a different era (which is ultimately want i really want her to portray in her tours as a growing reinvention every time. 

2 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

I agree RWU Tour was really something and honestly had some elements of reinventing her songs and just seeing all the new choreo. Btw what about the RWU Tour you like more than All For You Tour. I just love the overall production for me honeslty

Maybe because it’s the very first Janet concert I ever saw via VHS of course!!! 😂🤣😂😝 But there was something so raw and thrilling at that tour where everything from the the execution of the dance moves to the dance moves themselves felt so much more intense and raw!!! Thematically, visually, not to mention production wise, a concert had NEVER been that theatrical and elaborate in storytelling as well as concept! Lots of people and even artist refer to that tour as one of the greatest of all time! It earned her multiple Emmy nods and is the reason that Janet was given yet another prime time slot by HBO!!! The VR Tour in concert I believe brought in their highest ratings for a concert special at the time! 😳😱 

One again! Thought provoking and pioneering! AFY was a great tour but seemed more like light-hearted version of something practically riveting and flawless! 🤷🏾‍♂️

14 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

bitch wtf does that have to do with attending her concert? You're stupid for saying that and Jarryl is stupid for liking the comment.

You’re stupid for saying what you want like it actually matters. You’re gonna get what Janet gives you, and when she drops the new album, ur gonna get new music on her tour. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

From being an antendee for tons of concerts for almost 30 years...i was giving MY assessment from MY experience. You can have your opinion..i didnt say i had a popular opinion hence me saying .."Im in the minority". And thats fine..its really nothing to debate.. Me personally, I dont like when artists perform new music i dont know. And thats my right to feel that way. 

And lets be clear..I never said I didnt like Janet doin album tracks. Youre completely mixing my words all around for nothing. Its MY opinion

Where did I say anything about your opinion or mix your words? 

I literally quoted your words, and just replied 

2 hours ago, trackboy said:

Like I said, not bad my ANY means and that opening was EPIC I agree! 😍❤️😫

my other favorite moments was the “Trust A Try” Performance, Missy coming in during “Son of A Gun”, the uhhhh “WYM” audience participation performance 👀 and of course, the encore with her straight up killing “DRM” with that sexy outfit n a mic!!! No other female could EVER!!! 😳😱💀

13 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

And yes, if u prefer Janet not to put out any new music in her Vegas show, don’t buy a ticket 

why would u waste money on something that you wouldn’t enjoy?