SHOULD MJ’s music now be boycotted?

Selz

There is an article in a UK free magazine this week saying that, in reference to Leaving Neverland, everybody should now boycott/stop playing MJ’s music, period, because if we do not, regardless of whether the allegations are actually true, to carry on playing it says that we are ok with allegations of child abuse.  Apparently some DJ’s in London are already taking this stance and pulling his hits.

I haven’t seen the doc yet (it’s showing here on Weds and Thurs next week) so maybe I’m premature in asking, but despite my stan status I can see the point the writer is making.  I want to know what you think.  In addition, what about separating the songs of Michael the kid and Michael the adult?  The former was an innocent too, plus he didn’t write those songs; obviously as an adult he wrote a lot more and is alledgedly guilty.

This documentary doesn’t really change anything. These allegations have been around for many years and there’s no way to prove anything at this point. So if you were ok with MJ before, you should be ok with MJ now. *shrug*

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Aquaria said:

This documentary doesn’t really change anything. These allegations have been around for many years and there’s no way to prove anything at this point. So if you were ok with MJ before, you should be ok with MJ now. *shrug*

What this fine thing said here^^^

In general, the whole "mute" thing for entertainment is weird, do we not mute Weinstein's movies....when he was raping actresses behind the scenes? It's a personal thing, if YOU don't want to hear/play someone's art, that's you or your company maybe but I think it's asking alot to censor what's already available and mixed so heavily in all aspects of culture. Like I applaud R. Kelly's label for dropping him, I support no new moves to further his career, maybe limit his resources to make money, but it's asking alot to take away what's already out there & successful & apart of history. 

Again, like Roc said too, if it's just allegations too, it shouldn't be a question until it's proven factual or not.

• Upvote 1

The key word is allegations. We can’t mute someone based on unprovable and sketchy allegations. If there’s irrefutable proof then by all means Let’s drop them. But until then i’ll keep bopping because it’s not happened yet 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I dont see it happening, it's Michael Jackson, and this documentary is very sketchy, I get the whole wave from the R Kelly deal, but there was video proof no less, here we have two people that have changed their stories many times. I heard PYT playing today in the 7-11.....I was low key rocking -_-

The real test here is how much media coverage and "talk" will this get once it airs, if we can get it aired and move on its fine, but Oprah and that shit she pulling for ratings, I low key wish someone would call Oprah out on it, like you desperate for ratings huh good sis? :unsure:  If this ish stays the talk well after it airs, this could be a problem. I've said since jump the Estate has to flex and I mean play dirty, bury them in paperwork, whatever it takes, I actually blame the Estate, they can ban Jacksons from the Encino home and tear the family apart from the inside, but real threats like this they aint getting the job done. I wouldn't take any excuses, shut this down NOW and I don't care how you do it or else every muthafucka in here on MJ estate payroll is fired <_<

If this documentary gets the R Kelly treatment... Michael's legacy will take a massive hit. I hate to bring race into this but the fact that R Kelly was violating black girls verses Michael allegedly violating white boys... A shit storm is a brewing. Michael should have kept them boys out of his bedroom and house PERIOD! Sucks for the family because they will be the ones effected by this. 

9 minutes ago, BlackCat1989 said:

If this documentary gets the R Kelly treatment... Michael's legacy will take a massive hit. I hate to bring race into this but the fact that R Kelly was violating black girls verses Michael allegedly violating white boys... A shit storm is a brewing. Michael should have kept them boys out of his bedroom and house PERIOD! Sucks for the family because they will be the ones effected by this. 

I did see a clip where some of the Jackson family have already started speaking out. I think its a good united look, but sometimes we have to let shit play out first before we decide we want to act. We dont know if this is the next R Kelly, Ive said without a live person to drag it kinda isn't besides the facts that these mofos dont have evidence. I just have this gut feeling kinda like the day after the SB, I know if this becomes all the media talks about then yea this will be a shit storm. Unless the Jackson Estate can collude with Russia to make a better headline :umm:

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

just reading some stuff online, Oprah believes MJ was an abuser and she denounces him

I can't stand Oprah. She got so much energy for MJ yet has said not one word against Harvey W. She also said nothing about R Kelly who lived in Chicago for decades while her show was there. She has a special hate for MJ and I'd like to know why. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BlackCat1989 said:

I can't stand Oprah. She got so much energy for MJ yet has said not one word against Harvey W. She also said nothing about R Kelly who lived in Chicago for decades while her show was there. She has a special hate for MJ and I'd like to know why. 

all I can think of are all the fuck yous from the Jackson family sent to Oprah. I always felt that to report and be a journalist, one has to remove themselves from the story and let it unfold as it is. I have not seen the Oprah interview but if she did not ask these guys really pointed hard questions about inconsistencies and whatever else, you cannot call what Oprah has done journalism, you can call it desperate for ratings

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I did see a clip where some of the Jackson family have already started speaking out. I think its a good united look, but sometimes we have to let shit play out first before we decide we want to act. We dont know if this is the next R Kelly, Ive said without a live person to drag it kinda isn't besides the facts that these mofos dont have evidence. I just have this gut feeling kinda like the day after the SB, I know if this becomes all the media talks about then yea this will be a shit storm. Unless the Jackson Estate can collude with Russia to make a better headline :umm:

I just saw the second hour of the documentary... And yes it is very graphic and hard to watch. Whether Micheal did this or didn't do this. He needed help either way. The constant need to be around kids specifically young boys is odd. 

1 minute ago, BlackCat1989 said:

I just saw the second hour of the documentary... And yes it is very graphic and hard to watch. Whether Micheal did this or didn't do this. He needed help either way. The constant need to be around kids specifically young boys is odd. 

I've not seen any of it as of yet, but I intend to dissect it at every point. If they are going to pull this it shouldnt be sensationalism it should be what was true

Okay feeling a lil better, the IMDB states only 20% liked the film, others are saying this documentary does not have any of the investigative muster that we saw with R Kelly

From their gerundive titles to the coincidental collaboration on the hit song "You Are Not Alone," it's tempting to compare Leaving Neverland to A&E's Surviving R. Kelly, though they take almost opposite approaches. In Surviving R. Kelly, since there's still a chance some measure of justice can be done, the filmmakers bury viewers under a mountain of accusations and evidence, bringing in accusers, authorities, investigative journalists and figures who were part of R. Kelly's sphere on all levels.

Reed doesn't do that. Even though depositions from the earlier Jackson accusers included corroborating statements from Neverland employees and other people with variably tangible suspicions and levels of certitude, Reed restricts his interviews to the tightest of inner circles. For Robson, it's mostly his mother and sister, both brought over from Australia once Wade attracted Jackson's attentions and both strong advocates for Jackson against those earlier accusations. For Safechuck, it's a mother who came to view Jackson as almost a son.

chile.....if I'm the mother retelling the shit, you wouldnt see me smile not once I wouldnt be able to stop crying or stop anger....this shit doesnt pass the smell test :umm:

half an hour in and this is garbage :filenails:  nothing is there, they dont have anything

when you hear MJ speak I hear someone who is child like looking for a friend, it doesn't sound like anything "else" :unsure:

next problem I'm having is at what point does a reasonable parent not think and or ask "is this normal?" That is not to say MJ did anything, other than befriend kids

okay shit took a turn for the graphic 40 minutes in .... :umm: Now I'm definitely looking hard at this guy as he retells his story

shit this is too graphic what kinda creature can recall some shit like this and not flinch talking about it .... :blink:

okay so finally at 48 some odd minutes this guy finally flinches after all that graphic stuff he's told...

Wade Robson's story sounds angry graphic, and by that I mean its constructed to be damaging....like a bad lie being told in the worst light by someone with a grudge

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

chile.....if I'm the mother retelling the shit, you wouldnt see me smile not once I wouldnt be able to stop crying or stop anger....this shit doesnt pass the smell test :umm:

half an hour in and this is garbage :filenails:  nothing is there, they dont have anything

when you hear MJ speak I hear someone who is child like looking for a friend, it doesn't sound like anything "else" :unsure:

next problem I'm having is at what point does a reasonable parent not think and or ask "is this normal?" That is not to say MJ did anything, other than befriend kids

okay shit took a turn for the graphic 40 minutes in .... :umm: Now I'm definitely looking hard at this guy as he retells his story

shit this is too graphic what kinda creature can recall some shit like this and not flinch talking about it .... :blink:

okay so finally at 48 some odd minutes this guy finally flinches after all that graphic stuff he's told...

Wade Robson's story sounds angry graphic, and by that I mean its constructed to be damaging....like a bad lie being told in the worst light by someone with a grudge

Stop being a fan for a second...What 30 something year old man is befriending little ass boys. This is what bothers me about MJ. I understand he didn't have a childhood. But at some point you gotta grow up. I can tell you find this odd too. But you don't want to believe it because you love MJ so much. The mothers of these men should also be ashamed of themselves. No way in HELL would my child be off in a hotel room with a grown ass man for hours and days on end. IDGAF if you are Jesus Christ!!!!  The shit just ain't right! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Stop being a fan for a second...What 30 something year old man is befriending little ass boys. This is what bothers me about MJ. I understand he didn't have a childhood. But at some point you gotta grow up. I can tell you find this odd too. But you don't want to believe it because you love MJ so much. The mothers of these men should also be ashamed of themselves. No way in HELL would my child be off in a hotel room with a grown ass man for hours and days on end. IDGAF if you are Jesus Christ!!!!  The shit just ain't right! 

Bailey can’t think for himself

Also, none of the other Wackos can’t stop being Wackos.. they can’t understand how perverse it is to have some stranger’s kid in your hotel room but he’s Michael Jackson. He’s unstoppable

They will spew the same crap they find in their group forums and twitter bc they cannot form their own opinion

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Yeah a thirty year old man looking for kiddie friends is so appropriate :umm: 

The biggest star in the world has invited you and your son on his world tour. You sleep 2.8 miles away.. MJ and your son sleeps in one hotel room :umm: 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

If you can understand MJ had the mind of a child in the sense he didnt have his own childhood one could understand the idea he befriends children due to trust issues with adults, I can imagine MJ seeing himself as a kid

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Point blank period until someone gives some concrete evidence which is strange, do you realize the shake down or come up someone would have gotten if they caught MJ in the act ? Especially knowing he had a history? Yet no one has anything proving anything...now grab dat

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If you can understand MJ had the mind of a child in the sense he didnt have his own childhood one could understand the idea he befriends children due to trust issues with adults, I can imagine MJ seeing himself as a kid

He didn’t have a mind of a child. Wtf does that mean? I cannot fathom what that even means. Explain his drug choices then. He didn’t pay bills or write songs? You’re diminishing his intelligence. I’m pretty sure people literally called him a musical genius. A child doesn’t fool his own health care officials

Lets cut this “he didn’t have his own childhood” bullshit. It has nothing to do with anything. 

• Like 1