SHOULD MJ’s music now be boycotted?

Selz

6 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Y'all are funny.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, how does this change the pop trajectory? Does this make Madonna the King of Pop? Did Prince ultimately win the battle? Does this officially make Janet the best Jackson? What is Lady Gaga going to do with all that MJ memoribilia? Can Justin, Chris Brown, Usher still copy MJ without being judged? What does this all mean?

:unsure::rolleyes:-_-:mellow:

6 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Just wait for it. It's still early, anything can happen. It's alot of shady tings going on right now.

In the long run, I doubt it. His legacy is just too embedded in pop music and influence in pop artists. He was simply the greatest and I don’t think anything can undo that. Plus not everyone in the industry is a mindless sheep that can be brainwashed by a one-sided fictional mockumentary. 

3 minutes ago, bu. said:

In the long run, I doubt it. His legacy is just too embedded in pop music and influence in pop artists. He was simply the greatest and I don’t think anything can undo that. Plus not everyone in the industry is a mindless sheep that can be brainwashed by a one-sided fictional mockumentary. 

this is exactly what I was thinking, you try pulling the plug on the greatest musical artist that has ever lived and his catalog is over 40 years old. Hell these hoes wont make it pass Halloween when Thriller takes over like "All I want for Christmas" does every year :rolleyes:   MJ is too big to fail, the Estate needs to continue doing their best to keep this thing "controlled"

I dont really see a huge blow out reaction here, I mean like across the board all day every day all news all media like the SB was, I just dont think the "documentary" did what they wanted, it upset some folks yes, but in the end this thing did not change a ton of minds, people feel and believe what they do regardless

18 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Y'all are funny.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, how does this change the pop trajectory? Does this make Madonna the King of Pop? Did Prince ultimately win the battle? Does this officially make Janet the best Jackson? What is Lady Gaga going to do with all that MJ memoribilia? Can Justin, Chris Brown, Usher still copy MJ without being judged? What does this all mean?

:unsure::rolleyes:-_-:mellow:

Janet’s been the best Jackson sincere 1986 :coffee: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BlueEyedSpirit34 said:

Yes. It should be boycotted. Why would you want to support a child molester. I have now seen the document and I don't think I can ever enjoy MJ's music again after what I just saw and heard in the doc. Just like I don't want to watch Woody Allen's movies. MJ's musical legacy is forever ruined in my opinion.

I'm sure if his sister decides to defend him publicly again it will be the end of her career as well and the Vegas shows will be cancelled.

That’s where I disagree. As long as his fans recognize his behaviors, let them enjoy his dated music

Janet can comment. It’s her brother 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BlueEyedSpirit34 said:

Yes. It should be boycotted. Why would you want to support a child molester. I have now seen the document and I don't think I can ever enjoy MJ's music again after what I just saw and heard in the doc. Just like I don't want to watch Woody Allen's movies. MJ's musical legacy is forever ruined in my opinion.

I'm sure if his sister decides to defend him publicly again it will be the end of her career as well and the Vegas shows will be cancelled.

Welp, I'm glad your opinion is in the minority (even by those who imagine he's guilty too), so bump that whole 1st paragraph

However what you will not do is simply call the Queen "his sister" like she's a La Toya, Rebbie or Joh'Vonnie, or that her successes or failures depend on his. Off the bat no matter what she says UNLESS she comes out against him, the automatic assumption (like you assume that he's guilty) is/should be that she thinks he's innocent, sheeple with a problem with that have either already left her fanbase or are awaiting their refunds for their tickets. She is a Jackson, but she is Janet first, supporting her is supporting her, not any & every other Jackson no matter what you or anyone thinks of any of them. We call Janet Janet, we call the other 3 "his sister", otherwise it is assault and I will phone the authorities like I'm a white lady in a park looking at the colored folk have a barbecue
Image result for Security! gif

I honestly hope she does it after her Induction or during? Or not at all.

The media is spinning it as if her family is mad at her for having a job errr not talking about it

I dislike the Wackos pretending that they support her so janfam should support her brother... when they do not.. like at all. Maybe a few cross overs but they’re all shit Janet fans 

If she wants to make it a big deal, during (in fact if during she opens with Scream....BIGGEST statement, and I'd cream my corn for that). If she doesn't want to be big news she'll likely keep it casual and to what she's always said over the years or along the tone.

10 hours ago, Game For Now said:

I honestly hope she does it after her Induction or during? Or not at all.

The media is spinning it as if her family is mad at her for having a job errr not talking about it

I dislike the Wackos pretending that they support her so janfam should support her brother... when they do not.. like at all. Maybe a few cross overs but they’re all shit Janet fans 

I remember when Janet performed in the UK on one of those singing shows. I forget which one. But it was back in 2010. In the YouTube comment section a Mj Stan had the nerve to say that Michael was embarrassed by Janet because of the nip slip incident and didn't really fu*k with her like that because of it. I damn near had a fit.  I know that person was just talking sh*t. But I mean how can any of his fans fix their mouth to say some sh*t like that with all of the mess Mj has been accused of doing. If anything it's Janet who is the one who should feel embarrassed that her brother was going around telling people he liked sleeping in bed with other people's kids. And you are right... a lot of his Stans sh*t on Janet. They don't like the fact that she doesn't constantly post pics of herself with MJ like Latoya does. They also don't like the fact that she doesn't mention him in interviews all the time. They view it as her being jealous of him. A lot of them like to paint the narrative that the whole family was jealous of him. 

2 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

I remember when Janet performed in the UK on one of those singing shows. I forget which one. But it was back in 2010. In the YouTube comment section a Mj Stan had the nerve to say that Michael was embarrassed by Janet because of the nip slip incident and didn't really fu*k with her like that because of it. I damn near had a fit.  I know that person was just talking sh*t. But I mean how can any of his fans fix their mouth to say some sh*t like that with all of the mess Mj has been accused of doing. If anything it's Janet who is the one who should feel embarrassed that her brother was going around telling people he liked sleeping in bed with other people's kids. And you are right... a lot of his Stans sh*t on Janet. They don't like the fact that she doesn't constantly post pics of herself with MJ like Latoya does. They also don't like the fact that she doesn't mention him in interviews all the time. They view it as her being jealous of him. A lot of them like to paint the narrative that the whole family was jealous of him. 

They are Delusional which is why no one should take facts from them seriously. Yes I’m bundling them all together

Then they wanna reach over and nab Janfam for HIS actions... nawwww you can keep that

37 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

They are Delusional which is why no one should take facts from them seriously. Yes I’m bundling them all together

Isn't that in itself delusional though? It's saying "I'm wrong, and you're right, but I don't like this aspect of you so it doesn't matter".... Like last I checked, a fact is a fact until it's proven fiction or just a theory, but if it's a proven fact no matter who presents it, it's still a fact.

MJ fans showed their entire ass when they thought that Janet 'slapped' Paris...I've never cared for them since that whole fiasco. Honestly I wouldn't blame Janet if she choose to remain silent about what's going on...didn't MJ estate do her dirty and caused division in the family...let them handle it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

MJ fans showed their entire ass when they thought that Janet 'slapped' Paris...I've never cared for them since that whole fiasco. Honestly I wouldn't blame Janet if she choose to remain silent about what's going on...didn't MJ estate do her dirty and caused division in the family...let them handle it.

This entire debacle is the Estate's fault, first off their only fucking job is to protect MJ as an asset and make money off his name, that's all they have to fucking do, they dont have to manage an erratic behaving pop star who has a penchant for spending huge sums of money. When MJ died they said it was the best thing that ever happen to his finances because he was actually in debt.

As for Janet, yes the Estate had everyone involved in that failed coup with Katherine banned from the home. I side eyed the hell outta that like :umm: aint that the home these folks grew up in? Now they can't visit they mama there? :unsure: Chile....it's like I said the Estate can shut every Jackson down and has, but this shit storm happen on their watch, let them deal with it. I believe major Estate players should be fired.

Janet is not gonna speak up on that shit. I guarantee you. Ita a lost cause..Im sure Janet looks at it like beating a dead horse at this point and ppl are gonna believe wtf they wanna believe juss cus the most popular Jackson is gonna say he is innocent isnt gonna change whoever think he's guilty, and she knows that..so whats the point? She's not gonna entertain the bullshit, I wouldnt either

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Janet is not gonna speak up on that shit. I guarantee you. Ita a lost cause..Im sure Janet looks at it like beating a dead horse at this point and ppl are gonna believe wtf they wanna believe juss cus the most popular Jackson is gonna say he is innocent isnt gonna change whoever think he's guilty, and she knows that..so whats the point? She's not gonna entertain the bullshit, I wouldnt either

I completely agree, the only problem she has is she's going to be rather "public" soon and that means avoiding anyone with a camera and a microphone that isnt pre-rehearsed that is to say Janet is probably best not speaking on this, and in time I do believe it will die down. There is no one to punch here, there is no villain in this story, MJ is dead R Kelly is alive and facing multiple counts of felony child sexual abuse. Of course going on TV with Gayle King didnt help his dumb ass :umm:  so yes staying hush is probably best

5 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Isn't that in itself delusional though? It's saying "I'm wrong, and you're right, but I don't like this aspect of you so it doesn't matter".... Like last I checked, a fact is a fact until it's proven fiction or just a theory, but if it's a proven fact no matter who presents it, it's still a fact.

Why can’t you let me be me? You need Janhova in ya life 

“Accept me for who I am... no woman can take my place baby”

anyway :rolleyes: I've scrolled the comments out there, and they are mixed, people again truly believe what they have before and after, lots of questions raised with this but nothing that I think will hold for too long. News cycles tend to be short when there are events unfolding all over the place. We need more time away from this event

On 3/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, Bailey said:

I was waiting for Dal-strodamous to pull through but he prolly still crying in the car :sigh:

If you must know what my prediction is—well, here goes:

....there will be more posthumous accusers, unfortunately. His musical legacy will remain largely intact but he will become more and more associated with pedophilia as the years go on, similar to how suicide is mentioned whenever Kurt Cobain is spoken about. And the association will become an automatic connection, like a reflex—moreso than ever while he was living, as his defenders and rebuttal statements will dwindle over time as the LN doc will reach a revolving door-type of audience. And eventually another accuser will come out, whether true or not, any boy who has ever spent time with MJ will have an open invitation to be a headline grabber/fund gainer for all eternity now that MJ is dead—since there’s zero chance of a defamation lawsuit against any future accusers.

and this is a bit of a twisted thought I guess... but if Macauly Culkin or (......dramatic pause......) Prince Jackson *gasp* ever come out with allegations it will just be a complete wrap at that point

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On streaming services, Jackson's music has also seen an uptick, with streams of his songs jumping nearly 300,000 to 16.5 million last week. His videos were viewed 22.1 million times (an increase of roughly 1.2 million from the week prior). 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2019/03/12/michael-jackson-sales-r-kelly-airplay-both-up-amid-sex-abuse-scandals/3142426002/