JANET'S ALBUM RANK

JupiterArgus

3 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Controversial!!!

Wait.. there’s so much filler on janet. but no songs to skip... Lies 

Lies, your opinions cute, but the fact that going just off of the Spotify data it's the 2nd most played album in the bunch, and more songs from that album have over a million streams than any other, and it's tied with Control for both having the most songs in her top 20 of most streams.....

How many tracks did AFY get over a million streams again.......

Animated GIF

The song to skip on TVR is definitely "Tonight's the Night," not "Every Time."

My ranking:

1. Rhythm Nation 1814 (Lonely, Miss You Much, Someday is Tonight)
2. Velvet Rope (You, Anything, My Need)
3. Control (FHTF, Control, PP)
4. janet. (WAYN, If, Throb)
5. Unbreakable (Unbreakable, Night, Black Eagle)
6. All For You (AFY, STCML, TaT)
7. Damita Jo (ANDS, Moist, Slolove)
8. Janet Jackson (Say You Do, Love and My Best Friend, Young Love)
9. Discipline (FB, Can't B Good, RWY)
10. 20YO (Daybreak, Take Care, Enjoy)
11. Dream Street

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Discipline gets a bad wrap just saying! 

Bc it’s not Janet Jackson

7 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Lies, your opinions cute, but the fact that going just off of the Spotify data it's the 2nd most played album in the bunch, and more songs from that album have over a million streams than any other, and it's tied with Control for both having the most songs in her top 20 of most streams.....

How many tracks did AFY get over a million streams again.......

Animated GIF

This isn’t a Spotify challenge... Don’t come for me. I use Apple Music 

So Funky Big Band isn’t skippable :umm: 

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

This isn’t a Spotify challenge... Don’t come for me. I use Apple Music 

So Funky Big Band isn’t skippable :umm: 

And Apple music data would be similar I'm willing to bet, the point is no matter the source, the album is and always has been noted as a fave :coffee:

Nope, not when I'm feelin it, Funk is my thing period, so yea it works perfect for me, everything on the album fullfills a musical passion of mine in 1 way or another

5 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Discipline gets a bad wrap just saying! 

...........it gets what it deserves for as much of her time & energy &writing (& vocals) she put into it :coffee:

35 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

And Apple music data would be similar I'm willing to bet, the point is no matter the source, the album is and always has been noted as a fave :coffee:

Nope, not when I'm feelin it, Funk is my thing period, so yea it works perfect for me, everything on the album fullfills a musical passion of mine in 1 way or another

...........it gets what it deserves for as much of her time & energy &writing (& vocals) she put into it :coffee:

Gurrrl.. no one checking stats on streaming formats to make their top Janet album list

Big Funky Band is trash 

26 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Gurrrl.. no one checking stats on streaming formats to make their top Janet album list

I didn't say anyone does, I'm just using stats to prove a point, that this album being a favorite ain't so controversial, pretty much Control-TVR is a common & expected answer for a favorite, anything other than those 4 I'd say is controversial.

Image result for straw sipping gif

19 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Controversial!!!

Wait.. there’s so much filler on janet. but no songs to skip... Lies 

The problematic thing about Janet. are the needless interludes!!! My goodness there are almost more interludes than there are songs!!! 😳😱

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:56 AM, jarrylf said:

1. janet. (If, TTWLG, Anytime Anyplace) 

2. Rhythm Nation (Love Will Never Do, RN, Come Back To Me)

3. The Velvet Rope (I Get Lonely, You, Go Deep) (song to skip: Tonights The Night)

4. Unbreakable (Night, No Sleeep, Gon Be Alright) (song to skip: After You Fall)

5. Control (PleasurePrinciple, Nasty, Funny How Time Flies)

6. All For You (All For You, Son Of A Gun, Better Days) (song to skip: Love Scene)

7. Damita Jo (I Want You, All Nite, Spending Time With You) (Song to skip: Thinkin Bout My Ex)

8. Janet Jackson ( You'll Never Find, Don't Mess Up This Good Thing, Come Give Your Love To Me) (Song To Skip: Love&MyBestFriend)

9. 20 Y.O. (Enjoy, Take Care, Do It To Me) (song to skip: Love2Love)

10. Dream Street (Don't Stand Another Chance, All My Love To You, If It Takes All Night) (song to skip: Two To The Power Of Love)

11. Discipline (Feedback, 2Nite, So Much Better) (song to skip: GreatestEx)

(I say this everytime I rank because janet. & RN is always 1&2, what keeps RN from being #1 is that I prefer the single mixes & video mixes to most of those RN songs over the album versions, if not for that janet. & RN would almost be tied for how much I use & crave both, but the thing is I don't use much from the RN album, the only 2 singles from the RN era I use the album versions of is Love Will Never Do & Escapade)

I dont get the hate towards "Love Scene" its actually better than WYM tbch

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Agreed, and she had some really good shots that era

Lmao and it has NOTHING to do with the actual theme although Discipline didn’t have a theme 

19 hours ago, Illi said:

It really is. Looks like a promo for a cheap horror flick.

She was wet and wrapped in a whip with cheesy ass paint written on her... that era is literally an embarrassment 

18 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

You out ya muthafukin mind. That cover is THAT SHIT! ... but im not surprised you'd say that ..you probably think A4U is her best cover

TVR is the best cover asshole. Discipline is not better than Control - AFY

AFY being the first REAL album Janet smiled on the cover though.. making it her fifth or sixth best cover (plus she looks beautiful) 

Damita Jo, 20YO were carbon copies and Discipline is trash

Unbreakable had a great alternative cover.. I’m not in love with the one they stuck with as the official.. I believe the special edition (eyes closed) was the one I loved more

Control

This is the album that started it all.  It shits from start to finish.  The only hiccup is "You Can Be Mine"..

Best track-Nasty(it's WITOY subjectively though :lol:)

Rhythm Nation

She and Her wise men, upped the ante.  I can't be mad when "fans" say this is Her best album.  It's conceptual, iconic, and legendary.

Best track: Alright.

The Velvet Rope

A masterpiece. Introspective, dark, and a grand departure sonically and lyrically than any of her other albums.

Best track-Empty

Janet.

She dropped her last name. PERIOD.

Best track: If.

Unbreakable

This album ranks higher because it's a mature Janet.  A peaceful Janet.  A content Janet. The right album to make at that point in her career.

Best track: Black Eagle.

Damita Jo

A more rnb leaning album. Focused on the many sides of Janet.

Best track: Like You Don't Love Me

All For You

A solid album that came many years after The Velvet Rope. :umm:

Best Track: Trust A Try

Discipline

Even when Janet didn't write, she still can make bops..Just like 20 y.o., people do too much on this album.

Best track: Feedback or Rock Wit U

20 Y.O.

Jermaine Dupri pretty much took the helm on this album..still not a bad album..didn't do much for either of them.

Best Track: Enjoy

Dream Street--Mixtape

Janet Jackson--Mixtape

6 hours ago, Game For Now said:

TVR is the best cover asshole. Discipline is not better than Control - AFY

AFY being the first REAL album Janet smiled on the cover though.. making it her fifth or sixth best cover (plus she looks beautiful) 

Damita Jo, 20YO were carbon copies and Discipline is trash

Unbreakable had a great alternative cover.. I’m not in love with the one they stuck with as the official.. I believe the special edition (eyes closed) was the one I loved more

Anyway. Where is your ranking list?