Two Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Mourn Nipsey Hussle’s Death

23 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Odd.....how this thread's very being supports that being a bit more of the case for you tho.

I see facts as facts without bias unlike you: 

Facts: he thought gay black men harmed the black community, while threatened-masculinity literally killed him

Fact: Nipsey was a follower of a fraudulent witch doctor who claimed to have cure AIDS setting a dangerous development in his own community

The bad outweighs the good on a national scale. And the second fact outweighs the first.

Its dangerous 

15 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

I see facts as facts:

Facts: he thought gay black men harmed the black community, while threatened-masculinity literally killed him

Fact: Nipsey was a follower of a fraudulent witch doctor who claimed to have cure AIDS setting a dangerous development in his own community

The bad outweighs the good on a national scale. And the second fact outweighs the first.

Its dangerous 

If those 2 were the main things he was pushing in his music, interviews, and advocacy you'd have a point, but since neither were even in the top 5, you have a reach. That's all, they outweigh to you personally (seeing what you want). When what he spent years pushing is for better education & opportunities to the poor and disenfranchised period, and wasn't even JUST about his community,  what he was saying and advocating for applies for all who were poor &/or had limited resources. Not half of his interviews in his life were about Dr. Sebi, not 10% of his time was dedicated to homophobia. Thus again TO YOU (and the maybe 15-30 people) overall, it outweighs, but in reality the good seeds that he was planting outweigh that based on FACTS. It's more dangerous to forget or discredit the good he was doing.

35 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

You see what you want to see.

Coffee.

13 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

If those 2 were the main things he was pushing in his music, interviews, and advocacy you'd have a point, but since neither were even in the top 5, you have a reach. That's all, they outweigh to you personally (seeing what you want). When what he spent years pushing is for better education & opportunities to the poor and disenfranchised period, and wasn't even JUST about his community,  what he was saying and advocating for applies for all who were poor &/or had limited resources. Not half of his interviews in his life were about Dr. Sebi, not 10% of his time was dedicated to homophobia. Thus again TO YOU (and the maybe 15-30 people) overall, it outweighs, but in reality the good seeds that he was planting outweigh that based on FACTS. It's more dangerous to forget or discredit the good he was doing.

Coffee.

He was financially backing a documentary based on his own paranoia to spread misinformation 

Which would literally spread faster than any song he’s done in his career 

I, like many, don’t watch his interviews or listen to his music 

1 minute ago, Game For Now said:

He was backing a documentary based on his own paranoia to spread misinformation >> 

Which would literally spread faster than anything song he’s done in his career 

I, like many, don’t watch his interviews 

You just validated that your opinion on his opinion is irrelevant. And again the wouda-coulda's are conspiracies in themselves cause they arent what is, isn't, did, or didn't, will or won't.

He was financially backing a documentary based on a conspiracy theory amongst stupid people.. It was such a big deal that his fans thought the Government killed him for it 

I didn’t state my opinion. I only stated fact

what is is his conspiracy theory documentary would be a bigger deal than his music career :umm: 

Again, that's you seeing what you want to see. In actuality more people are talking about all the good he was doing for the marginalized like he spent his entire career doing, that's the bulk of what his fans and people who just discovered him are talking about. It's interesting you're choosing to look at specific peoples responses though, but like you admitted "you see what you want" you haven't' seen or heard his words, you saw a handful of people post conspiracies like they do with every celebrity death, and you assumed that that was the bulk of who he was, that's at least what your participation in this thread dictates. That's not looking at the facts, to look at the facts you have to look at the totality of who he was and what he did, not "coulda" done.

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

Again, that's you seeing what you want to see. In actuality more people are talking about all the good he was doing for the marginalized like he spent his entire career doing, that's the bulk of what his fans and people who just discovered him are talking about. It's interesting you're choosing to look at specific peoples responses though, but like you admitted "you see what you want" you haven't' seen or heard his words, you saw a handful of people post conspiracies like they do with every celebrity death, and you assumed that that was the bulk of who he was, that's at least what your participation in this thread dictates. That's not looking at the facts, to look at the facts you have to look at the totality of who he was and what he did, not "coulda" done.

I don’t have a reply for this. Cool. I’m glad people are ignoring his homophobia and ignorance.. but not everyone. Not me, a black gay man who doesn’t care if someone is a local community activist in a community 2,000mi from me

This thread’s use was to open the eyes of other black LBGTQ men who continue to be marginalized and attacked by unnecessary masculinity and homophobic.... the same masculinity that killed the man you’re worshipping and why his rhetoric should be buried along with him

This thread is not for his “fans”. The “we” ain’t you 

Make your own thread 

Yet he openly addressed many times that we all have to expand more for love and understanding of everyone and each other and wasn't shy about the fact that he had his flaws and he wanted to continue to do better, thus not advocating or justifying what happened to him or his views that needed more time and experience to grow. The title alone suggests that he shouldn't be mourned or by these 2 reasons, we should overlook the good influences and examples he was providing in many ways, to focus on  2 tweets (that he since admitted it was the wrong thing to say and the wrong way to make a point) & a documentary that doesn't exist but "coulda" . And that's been unanimously rejected as it should be, people should be celebrating the abundance of good he did, not looking in a microscope for the bad and holding it against him, THAT does nothing and helps nobody.

And the "we" isn't about fans, it's about the majority, and most people on this subject are talking about and mourning for all the good he was doing, fan or not, didn't have to be to appreciate and respect what he's spent his career doing, giving chances and opportunity and skills and advocating love, peace, understanding & growth like VERY few others, and it's why he is being mourned and at least by the hip hop community he always will be.

Yup. The title suggests that bc his rhetoric was dangerous to society.

His fans can continue to mourn him tho. No one’s stopping you.. but I’m not here for it

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

This thread’s use was to open the eyes of other black LBGTQ men who continue to be marginalized and attacked by unnecessary [toxic] masculinity and homophobic.... the same [toxic] masculinity that killed the man you’re worshipping and why his rhetoric should be buried along with him

This thread is not for his “fans”. The “we” ain’t you 

Make your own thread 

10 hours ago, trackboy said:

Game, what did Nipsey say about gay people?

“Demonstration speaks louder than Conversation," he wrote under a photo of a group of black youth. "They gone feed us every image of our men and boys but this one. No hyper violent...No homo sexual...No abandoners....JUS STRONG BLAC MEN AND YOUNG Men. RESPECT TO MY BIG HOMIE @bigu1 for Leading with love and intelligence. GOD IS WITH US WHO CAN GO AGAINST US"

His response.. doubling dumb-down on a conspiracy theory 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:56 AM, Game For Now said:

“Demonstration speaks louder than Conversation," he wrote under a photo of a group of black youth. "They gone feed us every image of our men and boys but this one. No hyper violent...No homo sexual...No abandoners....JUS STRONG BLAC MEN AND YOUNG Men. RESPECT TO MY BIG HOMIE @bigu1 for Leading with love and intelligence. GOD IS WITH US WHO CAN GO AGAINST US"

His response.. doubling dumb-down on a conspiracy theory 

Now, how is this homophobic?

10 hours ago, trackboy said:

You’re smart? :umm:  It’s homophobic to pretend/blame gay black men on the downfall of the black community. Yo pit gays on the same level as violence and “abandoners” and then pretend there’s a homosexual agenda (paranoia/conspiracy theory).

That’s not acceptance or equality. That’s homophobic rhetoric and toxic masculinity.. which ironically killed him 🤷🏾‍♂️

11 hours ago, Game For Now said:

You’re smart? :umm:  It’s homophobic to pretend/blame gay black men on the downfall of the black community. Yo pit gays on the same level as violence and “abandoners” and then pretend there’s a homosexual agenda (paranoia/conspiracy theory).

That’s not acceptance or equality. That’s homophobic rhetoric and toxic masculinity.. which ironically killed him 🤷🏾‍♂️

You continually put words in his mouth that he did not say. He even addressed this for those who like to bypass logic in his tweet to Deray when he said "I don't look down on gay people I love all Gods children foreal." [sic - where necessary].  Homophobia is the dislike or prejudice against gay people.  He never said that he disliked gay people, he actually clarified stating the opposite of this.

Now, to the actual image, if you look at the language of the post that got everyone riled up - his address is to the portrayal of (black) men in pop culture. Never once did he pretend nor blame that gay black men on the downfall of the black community.  He simply addressed that a certain image of (black) men was often left out by the [media]. There has been numerous of well-researched articles on the lack of depth in images of black characters - not just black men.  Deray alludes to such lack of imagery in his quoted retort. Furthermore, he never "puts gays on the same level" as anything but lists the type of portrayals that he has seen more often. The fact that you, Deray and others chose to look down upon certain men that fit into certain categories while requesting that everyone uplift the gay plight - is interesting, to say the least!

Then to tie this back to his agenda message, Nipsey believes that preventing or limiting how (black) men are portrayed is part of an agenda. 

Now, where is the homophobia? 

You can disagree that there is an agenda. But homophobic - based solely of the things you just most recently posted? Nah! 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:55 AM, trackboy said:

Well, he listed homosexuals with "hyper violent" and "abandoners"... it's pretty clear he did not think of homosexuality in a positive light or else he wouldn't have taken issue with the "agenda" of their representation. I don't really buy his explanation afterward. It's pretty cut and dry homophobia.  

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, Aquaria said:

Well, he listed homosexuals with "hyper violent" and "abandoners"... it's pretty clear he did not think of homosexuality in a positive light or else he wouldn't have taken issue with the "agenda" of their representation. I don't really buy his explanation afterward. It's pretty cut and dry homophobia.  

Difference of thought.  I think he listed the types of African-American men on portrayed in the media. 

9 hours ago, trackboy said:

Difference of thought.  I think he listed the types of African-American men on portrayed in the media. 

Homosexuality runs in the black community and to ignore us and compare us to “abandoners” and toxic masculinity, the same masculinity that killed him, shows what kind of person he was 

Thank goodness there are real black male celebrities changing the landscape (Dwayne Wade) while making a difference

15 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Homosexuality runs in the black community and to ignore us and compare us to “abandoners” and toxic masculinity, the same masculinity that killed him, shows what kind of person he was 

Thank goodness there are real black male celebrities changing the landscape (Dwayne Wade) while making a difference

He didn't ignore homosexuals nor compare homosexuals to abandoners or toxic masculinity.  That's my point.