Metamorphosis: Production Change

Gil, Janet Jackson’s best friend and employee, has officially declared the end of the State of the World Era today via Twitter

What started in September 2017, the SOTW Era comes to a joyous end nearly 2 years later in Japan. 

The Era of ‘Metamorphosis’ is upon us! Get the point, good.. let’s dance!

—————

Per an email, the show will go on without the “stage thrust”

Now, as this is called an "era"; I don't think it's just going to be a 3 month-run.

I think the new album will be called Metamorphosis as well. She might play more shows in the US later this year, but we definitely need her to do a WORLD TOUR. Starting in Europe. 

The Metamorphosis World Tour.

Yeah. I like it. 😃

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

no its not, one show is SOTW which is already well prepared and done the other is as advertised an entirely new show, as it should be

You’re absolutely correct. 

Vegas is essentially supposed to be an exclusive show that is rolled out in Vegas. That’s the whole purpose of it being in Vegas. Anything she does after might be a rendition of Metamorphosis but it won’t be unveiled until Vegas. 

• Like 1

Agreed.. that seems to be the trend: Vegas is it's own, stand alone show. Mariah has her Vegas show (The Butterfly Returns, or whatever) and then has her touring show (Caution World Tour). I feel like JLo maybe did something like that, too. 

I can't wait to Janet's version of a Vegas spectacular, finally getting the top-notch production she deserves. BRING ON THE METAMORPHOSIS ERA!!! (Buuuuut... I hope the new album has a different name. After Discipline and Unbreakable, I'm a little over the one-word album titles. Change it up!)

4 hours ago, kaeh1213 said:

Agreed.. that seems to be the trend: Vegas is it's own, stand alone show. Mariah has her Vegas show (The Butterfly Returns, or whatever) and then has her touring show (Caution World Tour). I feel like JLo maybe did something like that, too. 

I can't wait to Janet's version of a Vegas spectacular, finally getting the top-notch production she deserves. BRING ON THE METAMORPHOSIS ERA!!! (Buuuuut... I hope the new album has a different name. After Discipline and Unbreakable, I'm a little over the one-word album titles. Change it up!)

I am curious to see what she does production wise in Vegas, but I have a feeling based on the venue it won’t be an extremely elaborate production. I think it will be close to the vein of SOTW when it comes to stage design. 

4 hours ago, kaeh1213 said:

Honestly, I don’t mind “Metamorphosis” as the title for the album. As tired as it maybe to most, it’s a title that would make sense for this era of her career! 😳🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kaeh1213 said:

Did you really just compare Mariah’s sitting and standing to Janet Jackson? 

Since when does Janet follows the trend of Mariah Carey who has never set a trend in her entire career?!

9 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

You’re absolutely correct. 

Vegas is essentially supposed to be an exclusive show that is rolled out in Vegas. That’s the whole purpose of it being in Vegas. Anything she does after might be a rendition of Metamorphosis but it won’t be unveiled until Vegas. 

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

no its not, one show is SOTW which is already well prepared and done the other is as advertised an entirely new show, as it should be

Yeahhhhh that’s up for Janet to decide... not y’all 🤷🏾‍♂️  And according to her Creative Director, Metamorphosis has been born

1 hour ago, darnell said:

Vages will be a huge success for her but I want her to tour more in Europe Africa, Europe she still have a huge fanbase but she bailed on them so much it’s gonna be hard to know if her Europe fans will accept her 

I think we already know the answer there, Janet fucked Europe up .....:umm:

7 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Yeahhhhh that’s up for Janet to decide... not y’all 🤷🏾‍♂️  And according to her Creative Director, Metamorphosis has been born

She did decide when she signed that Vegas contract. She also proved it when she gave the cruise the SOTW show. Stop trying to unnecessarily argue about nothing. 

Vegas for performers serves as an exclusive show, its what Vegas is about. If she’s going to just tour & do that show anywhere - she would not have signed a residency deal she would have just booked Vegas as a stop on a tour. 

Learn the business & stop catty debating. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

She did decide when she signed that Vegas contract. She also proved it when she gave the cruise the SOTW show. Stop trying to unnecessarily argue about nothing. 

Vegas for performers serves as an exclusive show, its what Vegas is about. If she’s going to just tour & do that show anywhere - she would not have signed a residency deal she would have just booked Vegas as a stop on a tour. 

Have you read a copy of that contract or nah? 

I’m not sure what you’re arguing... The Cruise looked different to me btw 

2 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Vegas is clearly going to be something different and special .....which is why I need to scrape up more coins :sigh: