'Beyonce is NOT an Icon'...your thoughts?

Laveaux

So Dionne Warwick has caused a firestorm by saying that Beyonce is not an Icon and she has a long way to go to be considered one. The Beehive went on attack and now I hear that her life has been threatened :unsure:.

Now the gals are on the interwebs are entwined in heated debates on who should be deemed an Icon and who shouldn't be...it's all very interesting...wat-say-you?

• Like 1

Meh!!! I LOVE Beyoncé!!! Of the current generation, she is the best of the best! That being said...Dionne is a freakin’ legend with a career spanning over 5 decades (1960s-2000s) She literally grew up and was raised around the pinnacle of music with the likes of Aretha, Tina, Patti, James Brown, etc. Beyoncé is just not cutting for old cigarette head. She knows what tremendous talent and originality looked like for years!!! Beyoncé is a great singer and excellent performer but she is just NOT comparable to what a true icon represented back in her time! The  demented cult as a Beyhive r always coming after anyone who doesn’t worship anything Beyoncé! Leave old Dionne alone and respect an icon that has a right to judge! 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️ Jesus, this generation would call Ariana Grande in like 2 seconds so you can be made at her!

• Upvote 1

I think some diva said it best years ago, it may have been Patti, but she said these titles of Icon Queen and Diva get thrown around too damn much, she's right you bitches gotta put in time and get yo seniority up. :umm:

As for Beyonce, she's a great all around entertainer, I haven't loved her music as much as I would have liked because she's somewhat ratchet to me at times. Only a hood chick would name a damn album "Lemonade" :umm: 

Having said that I dont think Beyonce is at Icon status yet, BUT I will say a few things, one she will be, and two she will be inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame with the rest of these bitches someday. And to the Beehive its not really an insult to say your queen is not an Icon, it just means there's more "good good" to come -_- 

I'm not sleeping on Beyonce she's dat chick, is she my chick? No but Im 43 so :umm: I also have issues with the fact that race wise we dont have a lot of Black acts that are celebrated at the level Beyonce is now, and I low key root for Beyonce because of that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hotboy06 said:

We don't call her "Beysus" for nothing.

JtHtDnF.gif

But for real.  She's an icon.  Let's not kid ourselves, regardless how we feel about her musicality, or lack there of.

she's Iconic but not a tried and true been in the game for over 30 years Icon

12 hours ago, Voodoo said:

So Dionne Warwick has caused a firestorm by saying that Beyonce is not an Icon and she has a long way to go to be considered one. The Beehive went on attack and now I hear that her life has been threatened :unsure:.

Now the gals are on the interwebs are entwined in heated debates on who should be deemed an Icon and who shouldn't be...it's all very interesting...wat-say-you?

why would anyone want to harm Dionne Warwick? :unsure:  isn't a slow death from irrelevancy more painful anyway? :unsure:

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

Ok. But she's still iconic.  That's not debatable.

I wasnt debating it biscuits .....she has room left to put in more work better albums and what not, if anything thats a good thing, the moment they start calling a chick an Icon is low key code for shes seen her best days

with the exception of JLo there isnt a thing about her thats Iconic other than the fact she's been in the game as a mediocre player for a really long time :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I wasnt debating it biscuits .....she has room left to put in more work better albums and what not, if anything thats a good thing, the moment they start calling a chick an Icon is low key code for shes seen her best days

with the exception of JLo there isnt a thing about her thats Iconic other than the fact she's been in the game as a mediocre player for a really long time :unsure:

Of course she does.  Are we gonna get it is the question..

JtHtDnF.gif

59 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Notice I said “pop culture icon”

Musically, she doesn’t really have a massive hit. Maybe Single Ladies or CIL but those her music is hit or miss  

Irreplaceable was that but her got sued -_- 

11 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Of course she does.  Are we gonna get it is the question..

JtHtDnF.gif

Boy gone! What room does she have left? She already explored her sexual side on her 5th album by talking about suckin dick and getting fucked. :rolleyes: Then she put her family business and marriage out there to try and win the Grammy for album of the year while trying to be pro-black with blonde weave sewed in :filenails: