Jump to content

'Beyonce is NOT an Icon'...your thoughts?


Laveaux
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, Bailey said:

so she got more work to put in for something right

Well we ALL know that except some of her fans. I think if Dionne would have separated icon and legend..this wouldnt have caused that much of a debate. Dionne spoke as if its one in the same and i beg to differ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Well we ALL know that except some of her fans. I think if Dionne would have separated icon and legend..this wouldnt have caused that much of a debate. Dionne spoke as if its one in the same and i beg to differ.

-_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 9:41 AM, janetDAYZ said:

She IS an icon but just not a LEGEND yet. 

I think Dionne misspoke. I dont think Dionne knows the difference..no disrespect.

I think Dionne knows the difference, she just knows that she isn’t a legend, and she doesn’t want to fall into the same iconic category as Beyoncé... Dionne being a legendary icon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

I think Dionne knows the difference, she just knows that she isn’t a legend, and she doesn’t want to fall into the same iconic category as Beyoncé... Dionne being a legendary icon

Based on your stance of trying to defend Dionne's statement ...shes trying to group "legendary" and "icon" together and thats not fair. During A4U Janet was considered an icon by most but not a legend yet. And Im sure you agreed with that at that stage of Janet's career...so whats tge difference with Beyonce? If Dionne would have made that statement about Janet in 2001 im sure you would have disagreed with her..some shit is juss undeniable.. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Based on your stance of trying to defend Dionne's statement ...shes trying to group "legendary" and "icon" together and thats not fair. During A4U Janet was considered an icon by most but not a legend yet. And Im sure you agreed with that at that stage of Janet's career...so whats tge difference with Beyonce? If Dionne would have made that statement about Janet in 2001 im sure you would have disagreed with her..some shit is juss undeniable.. 

Not trying to take away anything from what you said but, Janet was already deemed a Legend at the World Music Awards before in 1999 when she won the Legend Award. Janet's contributions to music were way better and impactful than Beyonce's. Maybe that's why Dionne just doesn't see Bey as a Legend. Not many wanna call a thief a legend even if they are one lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Not trying to take away anything from what you said but, Janet was already deemed a Legend at the World Music Awards before in 1999 when she won the Legend Award. Janet's contributions to music were way better and impactful than Beyonce's. Maybe that's why Dionne just doesn't see Bey as a Legend. Not many wanna call a thief a legend even if they are one lol

Bc she is not a legend. We are talking about the term "icon". Dionne said Beyonce wasnt an icon, i would have understood if she said she wasnt a legend bc its wayyyy too soon to be called a legend. 

As far as the Janet thing..whether an award show deemed Janet as a legend in 1999, that was not the masses opinion at that point. Janet started getting the "legendary" treatment and title a lil later than that on a massive scale. Hell, Mariah is juss now starting to be deemed a legend. 

Like i said Dionne is grouping two different titles together that are somewhat similar but def different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Bc she is not a legend. We are talking about the term "icon". Dionne said Beyonce wasnt an icon, i would have understood if she said she wasnt a legend bc its wayyyy too soon to be called a legend. 

As far as the Janet thing..whether an award show deemed Janet as a legend in 1999, that was not the masses opinion at that point. Janet started getting the "legendary" treatment and title a lil later than that on a massive scale. Hell, Mariah is juss now starting to be deemed a legend. 

Like i said Dionne is grouping two different titles together that are somewhat similar but def different. 

oh ok I was thinking y'all was talking about Legend. I think Bey is a Legend unfortunately lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...