Universal Media Group & YouTube to Remaster 1,000 Music Videos Including Janet Jackson’s

Apparently Universal is partnering with YouTube for this 

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/youtube-remasters-classic-music-videos/

YouTube And UMG Remaster Music Videos By Nirvana, Janet Jackson, Beastie Boys And More

YouTube Music and Universal Music Group have announced an initiative to remaster a 1,000 iconic music videos including titles by Janet Jackson and Nirvana.

Laura StavropoulosJune 19, 2019

Your favourite music videos are about to get a facelift thanks to a new initiative between YouTube Music and Universal Music Group that will remaster nearly 1,000 classic music videos.

Starting today, more than a 100 music videos will be available in HD and with premium audio quality including titles from Janet Jackson and more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can truly see the videos look better now they're remastered!! What we TRULY need though are ALL her music videos available on her official page.

It's CRAAAZY and frustrating that more than half of her videos are nowhere to be found.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, Jakob said:

You can truly see the videos look better now they're remastered!! What we TRULY need though are ALL her music videos available on her official page.

It's CRAAAZY and frustrating that more than half of her videos are nowhere to be found.

Well it seems that’s what her team are trying to do my updating her channel with remastered HD  as well as completing her entire videography on her channel as well. Even Apple Music seems to be doing an overhaul by adding more music videos to her account! 👍👍👍

• Like 1

None of these are true 1080p High Definition. The only way they would be true HD is if the videos that were filmed on actual film had all their negatives rescanned and the video was re-edited shot by shot. And since most of her early videos were filmed on VHS/Beta they can never be upscaled to true 1080p.

but even still the clearer image and the better sound quality is worth the effort 👍🏼 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dal said:

None of these are true 1080p High Definition. The only way they would be true HD is if the videos that were filmed on actual film had all their negatives rescanned and the video was re-edited shot by shot. And since most of her early videos were filmed on VHS/Beta they can never be upscaled to true 1080p.

but even still the clearer image and the better sound quality is worth the effort 👍🏼 

when I saw the first set of videos I recalled what you said and yeah they aren't but the sound is clearly better and I appreciate improvement even if only slightly so. There is a really clear copy of Nasty out there and I think that is true HD maybe :unsure:

I seriously NEED All her Virgin Era videos uploaded in HD on her page!!! That run of her discography is some of her absolute best work yet there are versions that look worse than the actual years they came out! “If”, “All For You”, “Someone To Call My Lover”, “All Nite”, etc. need that modern sheen of a visual upgrade to show how truly groundbreaking and magnificent those video clips r!!! 😫😭😭👍

On 6/30/2019 at 7:47 PM, Bailey said:

when I saw the first set of videos I recalled what you said and yeah they aren't but the sound is clearly better and I appreciate improvement even if only slightly so. There is a really clear copy of Nasty out there and I think that is true HD maybe :unsure:

That looks good but still it’s not True 1080p HD... actual 1080p looks crystal clear, like you’re looking through a window