Glastonbury Live streaming?

Dal

57 minutes ago, DarkStormSC said:

Looks like she killed it to me given that heavy ass Vader outfit and 90 degree weather!!! 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️👀

Ya’ll need to give these last living legends a break! You have Mariah barely carrying a tune anymore, Madonna giving performances that lack any form of entertainment anymore yet Janet can STILL dance her ass off at 53 but we give her a hard time because we expect more. They are all past their prime but STILL doing their thang to the best of their ability. They have nothing else to prove and are doing it for the sake of their desperate need to continue their art or entertain their fans.  Be. Grateful??? 😳😱🤪 Besides “Caution” and “Madame X” turned out to be MUCH better than expected and garnered them their best reviews in ages. Better than most female pop stars of this generation. At least Janet can put on a show! Lizzo is the only one giving me life these days! 🤭😐🏾

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Looks like she killed it to me given that heavy ass Vader outfit and 90 degree weather!!! 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️👀

Ya’ll need to give these last living legends a break! You have Mariah barely carrying a tune anymore, Madonna giving performances that lack any form of entertainment anymore yet Janet can STILL dance her ass off at 53 but we give her a hard time because we expect more. They are all past their prime but STILL doing their thang to the best of their ability. They have nothing else to prove and are doing it for the sake of their desperate need to continue their art or entertain their fans.  Be. Grateful??? 😳😱🤪 Besides “Caution” and “Madame X” turned out to be MUCH better than expected and garnered them their best reviews in ages. Better than most female pop stars of this generation. At least Janet can put on a show! Lizzo is the only one giving me life these days! 🤭😐🏾

This post took a left turn

Madonna & Mariah don’t dance... Madonna puts on a play and Mariah stands & sits there... both are declining in the performance bracket but Janet is not.. not right now

Yes she’s a legend at the age of 51 but she’s still slays the stage. This festival was so niched.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

Lets be real here...some of these Rock purists were ready to hate when Janet put her name first on the festival flyer.

From what I've seen, it was as if she was going thru the motions but it wasn't terrible. The audio was homophobic, she pushed thru. She didn't need to hit anything out of the park...it's not that deep at the end of the day...Janet is a seasoned performer, sometimes she is into it and sometimes she is not, it's okay for her to have a mediocre performance.

Could she have done better, absolutely but Janet is old now...some of you so called fans need to accept that, she is not always gonna be on 10 all the time.

And you are out of your mind if you think Vegas feels flat...girl bye! 

This response was really funny to me! 

IMO Vegas has felt underwhelming to me, I appreciate that Janet is in a place where she’s finally exploring and utilizing her catalog. That is my favorite thing right now BUT in my opinion there is an OBVIOUS shift in energy, vibe, & delivery from SOTW to Vegas/Now. 

Like SOTW lives up to her iconic tours, but I feel Vegas can easily be looked over. It’s the UCAP of modern era with a more diverse set list. SOTW had all the necessary elements including the set list. 

Not to mention the Atlanta show was one for the books. But I saw that show 3 times and every time it delivered a bit more then before. 

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Morleyboy said:

Janet needed to nail this. For the love of God, bring back SOTW tightness and fierceness. This was flat as a pancake. I’m confused...

Hmm I'll somewhat agree. She killed it during the State of the World tour and she did good in Vegas. IDK what was going on but I thought she'd take what she did on those ventures and show out for Europe. The outfits were just a flat out no, the sound issues were bad although not really her fault, and some of the choreography shouldn't of been changed. Judging from that Rhythm Nation clip it looks and sounds like Glastonbury loved her! :D 

5 hours ago, Souljah_4play said:

I’m a huge Janet fan from London. This show was lazy for her. The set list was all over the place, the choreography was mediocre and the audio was bland. Hated the outfit too. Why does she always wear these outfits when performing in Europe?

Id give it a 5/6 out of 10

yeah same. It looked half assed. No stage production nothing. It was all a big MEH. 

I don't get why she's having such a hard time with her audio at these festivals. There was a similar problem when she performed at Global Citizen. 

4 hours ago, Utopia said:

yeah same. It looked half assed. No stage production nothing. It was all a big MEH. 

I don't get why she's having such a hard time with her audio at these festivals. There was a similar problem when she performed at Global Citizen. 

While touring, all of the equipment is yours generally when you go to a venue.

At a festival, the logistics are completely different and sound/technical issues can occur often. 

I was at GLOBAL Citizen and she had no sound issues. That was mostly Panorama and on a lesser scale Essence.

2 minutes ago, Kishi said:

While touring, all of the equipment is yours generally when you go to a venue.

At a festival, the logistics are completely different and sound/technical issues can occur often. 

I was at GLOBAL Citizen and she had no sound issues. That was mostly Panorama and on a lesser scale Essence.

True but you can see right after the first couple of songs that the volume on her mic needs to go up and the instruments down. For ex. She was having a similar prob during the RWU performance on GMA in 2k8 and while on choreography she told them to raise the volume of her mic.

Probably. For some reason this performance reminded me of Global but yeah, could've been one of those.

She's getting good reviews from the press and that's actually great but to me it was a disappointment. specially knowing that she can do much better. 

• Upvote 1

I thought the performance was good. I just felt sorry for the people who weren’t near the stage, when you wear dark colours against a dark background nobody except the first couple of blocks can see you. And when everyone around you is wearing the similar dark colours it is harder to track you onstage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

She should give the BBC a nice exclusive for the next project or something they really giving her some good articles recently.

Janet at Glastonbury: Slick, energetic set from an R&B queen

To be fair, the star is a headline act at home in the US, where she's one of the most successful female artists of all time.

Her star was never quite as big in the UK, though, despite having 17 top 10 hits to her name, which made this festival set something of a gamble.

Admirably, rather than play it safe, Janet delivered a whistle-stop tour of her career, playing a relentless, non-stop medley of 21 tracks in just 50 minutes.

At times, the pace was dizzying. One of her biggest hits, The Best Things In Life Are Free, was jettisoned after the first chorus; and minor tracks Throb and Come On Get Up got a fuller airing.

For die-hard fans, it was a dream setlist (and there were plenty of them singing their lungs out) but for a festival crowd unfamiliar with the corners of her back catalogue, some of the song choices were perplexing at best.

But the blessing of the attention-deficit setlist was that every time an album track started up, a pop banger was just around the corner - whether it was the punchy 1980s funk of What Have You Done For Me Lately, or the breezy pop melodies of Escapade and Miss You Much.

It was a physically-demanding performance, full of crisp, impressive dance moves - often directly lifted from videos Janet shot 30 years ago. But the 53-year-old easily fell in step with her troupe of eight dancers, despite wearing a heavy tail-coat in the 30C heat.

She paused only once, to dab the sweat off her face with a towel, which she then threw aggressively to the floor so she could get on with the next routine.

In fact, she seemed happiest when she was goofing off with the dancers, breaking into laughter when one blew her a kiss during Escapade, and tossing around her red tangle of curls as they vamped on some of The Jacksons' old routines.

Janet's vocals were sometimes too quiet in the mix, but she seemed to have worked out a way to sing - mostly - live while galloping around the stage; and the rip-roaring Black Cat proved she could belt it out when she needed to,

Never the most loquacious of stars, her stage banter was minimal, save for a few exhortations to sing along and, during Nasty, declaring: "I could learn to like this, Glastonbury".

Meeting the press backstage after the show, though, she said the view from the stage had been "amazing".

"So many people," she marvelled. "Everybody seems to really enjoy it every single year. I hear so much talk about it."

It's easy to overlook what a trailblazer Janet was in the 1980s and 1990s, emancipating herself from her overbearing father, Joe, and singing about female empowerment and sexuality long before Beyonce and Rihanna.

Meanwhile, her Rhythm Nation album was ripped from the headlines, with songs that tackled social injustice, racial prejudice, homelessness and illiteracy.

Two of those songs, State Of The World and The Knowledge, formed a centrepiece of Saturday's set, and sadly proved as relevant now as they were in 1989.

But it was the hits, not the deep cuts, that really connected. The lovestruck funk of Love Will Never Do (Without You) was a highlight, as was the military stomp of Rhythm Nation, which closed the set.

A technical delay at the start of her show meant the planned encore of Together Again had to be dropped.

In the final analysis, it might have been wiser to drop the jukebox approach and concentrate on 10 or 12 guaranteed bangers, but after what felt like a 50-minute tour of modern R&B history, you couldn't accuse Janet of slacking off.

She's done a lot for us lately.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48814360

I watched the show. Overall, it left a lot to be desired. This was her first show in Europe in years, and it felt a little underwhelming. Nothing really stood out besides maybe R&BJ. Why is she opening the show with TAT? Makes zero sense. She didn't do her biggest Euro hits. Why was TA left out? You literally couldn't even hear her at times. I hope she watches this and learns from mistakes. 

• Upvote 5

Here's Janet's full set. I can see from the lazy and boring entrance that she really wasn't giving it her all and didn't really wanna be there. I think she got into it more in the middle of the set. I do love how the crowd was singing along to most of her songs. I'm looking at both sides unbiased. Some of the performances she did were boring for instance, "State of the World". Like she literally did nothing. We all know including Janet herself that she's better than this. I looked at other performers and they had way more production. I honestly think she didn't like the fact she didn't get top billing and we all know she should've. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10. The crowd was bored at times but for the most part they loved her and I could see and hear that they did from the footage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Janet had an agenda when she did SOTW back in 2017...she came out strong, fit and she wanted to prove the doubters/naysayers wrong about having a successful tour and I think she was campaigning to get into the good graces of y'all coveted Rock Hall of Fame....she completed both.

Now she is just going thru the motions, sometimes we get a bolt of energy and sometimes it can be a lil mediocre...I honestly think sis is tired :lol:..Janet hasn't been performing this long in a minute (one tour ended and then another started in a span of two months)....a focused break could do her wonders.

But I can't with the meltdowns, it ain't that deep chile. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with the user formerly

known as “Voodoo”, at one point during “Miss You Much”, Janet was walking up those stairs like she was ready for bed! 😳😱 I have never seen THAT before. Now as for the sound issues, the funny thing is when u can hear her, her vocals were on point af (“Black Cat” no withstanding! B!tch! 😳😱😂🤣😂😅) But her mic checking got annoying to the point she was paying it more attention than the crowd so now I understand why.

She starts the show out with her usual AMAZING energy. “Trust A Try” and “If” were a great one-two punch of EPIC entrance!!! Then from there, the show went up and down. “WHYDFML”.....I have NEVER seen such laziness on Janet’s part! 😳😱🤔 Just jamming there with her band when her dancers should have stayed. I was like “Janet, now’s not the time to slow it down, your act just started!” 😳😱😅

The huge crowd was actually REALLY into her at times, chanting her name early on n singing along to most of her 80s-90s classics....yet “All For You”, possibly her second greatest international hit got NOTHING!!!? What?!? Even “Made For Now” got more of a reception! Now that we’re on that subject I’m am so sick of how she performs her latest single. Always the same routine presented the same way when it should be more vibrant and colorful! Darth Janet and her Rhythm Storm Troopers are not the tea for such a jubilant song. Jesus and she just doesn’t hit that second breakdown like you know she can. Oh well....

Also, the setlist for this tho?!? Random, sloppy, all over the place! I mean I get taking a shortened version of your Vegas show for a large festival since you have a little over 45 min but my god, this wasn’t a great presentation of her classic hits and deep cuts. Just next track to next track without any build, just “Ya’ll know this one?!” 😳😳😳

Also, the sound issues got so annoying that at one point when Janet said “I can’t hear you!” I was like “B!tch, we can’t hear you! Now’s not the time to test your mic, Ms. Jackson!” 😳😳😱

At least “Rhythm Nation” ended things strong! I just thought it was funny how hard she yelled “HO!” before the song started like she was told “Janet, they still can’t hear you?” “HO!!!!” 😡 “Did you hear that in the control room?!?” 🤬 “With music by our sides...” 👿

Ehhh, I give it a 7 out of 10 too! Now I must reflect on what I have just said on this lord’s day! 😫😭😭😭🤪👍

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Here's Janet's full set. I can see from the lazy and boring entrance that she really wasn't giving it her all and didn't really wanna be there. I think she got into it more in the middle of the set. I do love how the crowd was singing along to most of her songs. I'm looking at both sides unbiased. Some of the performances she did were boring for instance, "State of the World". Like she literally did nothing. We all know including Janet herself that she's better than this. I looked at other performers and they had way more production. I honestly think she didn't like the fact she didn't get top billing and we all know she should've. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10. The crowd was bored at times but for the most part they loved her and I could see and hear that they did from the footage.

Besides that the pictures really didnt do her justice UNTIL I SAW THIS VIDEO. People SHE IS SO GORGEOUS  BTW ALL OF THROB HAIR WHIPS are giving me LIFEEEEEEEEE

Honestly, all this touring, festivals and residency are starting to make sense now. Janet and her team definitely are trying to rebuild her status as a performer/touring act who’s reliable. It would make sense to keep her in the headlines and build by up her immense credibility in case an album and official world tour are to announced in late 2019/2020. Just a theory! 🤔😳👀 I feel like they, especially she wants a possible next era to be HUGE! 

Maybe she dresses like she does because she's still legally married...perhaps a finalized divorce will provide something less homely.

From what I've seen, there is a lot of room for improvement, but the performance nor the reception was as catastrophic as some fans made it seem. The fact the publicity made some people take out their wallets (i.e.,  albums charted on itunes) show the affair was an accomplishment of sorts.

• Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, all this touring, festivals and residency are starting to make sense now. Janet and her team definitely are trying to rebuild her status as a performer/touring act who’s reliable. It would make sense to keep her in the headlines and build by up her immense credibility in case an album and official world tour are to announced in late 2019/2020. Just a theory! 🤔😳👀 I feel like they, especially she wants a possible next era to be HUGE! 

that's one theory, another I think about is Janet works to deal with the life's issues, and in this sense she can say she provides for her child, this is for all those that thought she was trying to get a come up off Wissam (My Theory -_- )

Im just proud to see her still doing the damn thang, I dont wanna judge, I dont wanna take the shit apart, it's all love baby, this woman been through a lot of shit and she still out her smiling and making others smile, I fucks with Janet Jackson anybody that know me knows I love that damn woman.....let me go geek on TAT again :cheer: ya'll know I loves me sum Rocknet -_-

5 hours ago, Dominique Laveau said:

Janet had an agenda when she did SOTW back in 2017...she came out strong, fit and she wanted to prove the doubters/naysayers wrong about having a successful tour and I think she was campaigning to get into the good graces of y'all coveted Rock Hall of Fame....she completed both.

Now she is just going thru the motions, sometimes we get a bolt of energy and sometimes it can be a lil mediocre...I honestly think sis is tired :lol:..Janet hasn't been performing this long in a minute (one tour ended and then another started in a span of two months)....a focused break could do her wonders.

But I can't with the meltdowns, it ain't that deep chile. 

I caught that ish, you aint slick :umm:

I'm watching the performance yet again, i guess I am stanning :unsure:  what catches my attention now is how well edited the feed is, Janet has had performance feeds where the camera cut to the audeience more than Janet, at Glastonbury that doesn't happen when you see the audience they are smiling and bopping to the performance, thats a good look thats a good move especially with a crowd that size. I also see Janet making use of that large space it feels "larger" in line with the scale of The Vegas residency. :good: 

20 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

This response was really funny to me! 

IMO Vegas has felt underwhelming to me, I appreciate that Janet is in a place where she’s finally exploring and utilizing her catalog. That is my favorite thing right now BUT in my opinion there is an OBVIOUS shift in energy, vibe, & delivery from SOTW to Vegas/Now. 

Like SOTW lives up to her iconic tours, but I feel Vegas can easily be looked over. It’s the UCAP of modern era with a more diverse set list. SOTW had all the necessary elements including the set list. 

Not to mention the Atlanta show was one for the books. But I saw that show 3 times and every time it delivered a bit more then before. 

I feel like Janet is pacing herself and at her age she needs to, we all need to, its called taking care of yourself, and she's a mom too. I dont expect her to be on 10s every move she makes thats very unrealistic and unhealthy. I think Vegas has high production value(s) added layeres of original creativity. Bursts of color and showmanship. From what I have allowed myself to view Vegas is a large scale spectacular.