Metamorphosis is turning into a World Tour

jinthahouse

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/113763037/the-kiwi-making-post-malone-janet-jackson-look-great

From this article Kiwi Ben Dalgleish is the lighting designer and content creative director for Janet Jackson's Metamorphosis Las Vegas Residency said this,

"I started in America the same as I did in New Zealand – with small acts. You work every gig you can. Luckily, in the last few years, I've been able to work for some larger acts. Post Malone - I've been working with him for over a year now. I designed his latest world tour, which recently came to Auckland.That was really cool for me, although I unfortunately couldn't be there because I'd just picked up the job to design with Janet Jackson.      

Janet Jackson found me on Instagram We tried to push the limits with Post Malone, especially with what's considered a normal pop show. He's a multi-platinum-selling pop-artist, but we don't present the show that way. It's very aggressive and architectural and minimalist, and she came across it and got in touch with me. For Janet, I'm designing the lighting and creative directing all of the content and special effects for her upcoming Las Vegas residency which will subsequently become a world tour."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/113763037/the-kiwi-making-post-malone-janet-jackson-look-great

From this article Kiwi Ben Dalgleish is the lighting designer and content creative director for Janet Jackson's Metamorphosis Las Vegas Residency said this,

"I started in America the same as I did in New Zealand – with small acts. You work every gig you can. Luckily, in the last few years, I've been able to work for some larger acts. Post Malone - I've been working with him for over a year now. I designed his latest world tour, which recently came to Auckland.That was really cool for me, although I unfortunately couldn't be there because I'd just picked up the job to design with Janet Jackson.      

Janet Jackson found me on Instagram We tried to push the limits with Post Malone, especially with what's considered a normal pop show. He's a multi-platinum-selling pop-artist, but we don't present the show that way. It's very aggressive and architectural and minimalist, and she came across it and got in touch with me. For Janet, I'm designing the lighting and creative directing all of the content and special effects for her upcoming Las Vegas residency which will subsequently become a world tour."

I've been thinking this all along. Metamorphosis might be the new album title (release early 2020) and then turn into the Metamorphosis World Tour. 🙄

50 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Not from her lips

For once I agree with u, as much as I want to believe this, Nothing’s final until Janet says it is. A new album, a new world tour, etc. I’m not gonna speculate and assume anymore until Janet confirms it in that sweet, soft voice just what the hell is going on here!!! 😫😭😭🤪👍

4 hours ago, Jakob said:

I've been thinking this all along. Metamorphosis might be the new album title (release early 2020) and then turn into the Metamorphosis World Tour. 🙄

Hell fuck no it won't be the albums new title :lol: Janet like most artists never tour and then release an album named after said tour. That wouldn't even make sense.

12 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Hell fuck no it won't be the albums new title :lol: Janet like most artists never tour and then release an album named after said tour. That wouldn't even make sense.

Honestly, ANYTHING is possible when it comes to Janet until she says so at this point! A year ago, we didn’t think she would perform on a cruise ship n do a residency...yet....here we are!!! 😱👀😳🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

For once I agree with u, as much as I want to believe this, Nothing’s final until Janet says it is. A new album, a new world tour, etc. I’m not gonna speculate and assume anymore until Janet confirms it in that sweet, soft voice just what the hell is going on here!!! 😫😭😭🤪👍

The source is some low level tour employee. Call me when: Janet, LiveNation, or Gil says it (in that order) 

9 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

But... nothing seems to make sense lately so why wouldn't this happen? Metamorphosis could actually be the album title. Better get used to it. 😅

3 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

But didnt she announce the Unbreakable Tour then the title for THE unbreakble album which was released after the tour

Hmmmm, can’t remember??! 😳😱 But I think the album and tour were announced simultaneously! She just started the tour a month before Unbreakable was officially released??? 🤔🤔👀🤷🏾‍♂️ 

21 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

I also could've sworn someone said Vegas doesn't allow artists to take their Vegas show on the road.

...which is not true.

Britney brought her Piece Of Me residency to Europe and I also thought Asia. And there were other artists too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bu. said:

Yeah. I heard it’s lazy and Glastonbury was a bit of a mess. 

It was, but because there were sound issues. Kylie Minogue seemed to have issues with the sound as well. 

Montreux was great. The energy was ON, Janet sounded really good (she was absolutely singing live) and the venue was sold out. 

I'm sure Janets team and Livenation felt like the European festivals were successful in terms of attendance, so a European leg of her upcoming Metamorphosis World Tour (?👀) is very likely to happen as well.