Metamorphosis is turning into a World Tour

jinthahouse

23 minutes ago, bu. said:

I don’t know Montreux and don’t care about it. 

THAT'S the issue! People try to focus on the bad stuff. "Bad" stuff actually, because the Glastonbury show wasn't bad. Yeah, people couldn't really hear Janet but that was not her fault. SHE gave a great show, just like her dancers. And the people in the audience seemed to enjoy it. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jakob said:

THAT'S the issue! People try to focus on the bad stuff. "Bad" stuff actually, because the Glastonbury show wasn't bad. Yeah, people couldn't really hear Janet but that was not her fault. SHE gave a great show, just like her dancers. And the people in the audience seemed to enjoy it. 

“Great” is doing too much. I’m focusing on the stuff relevant to me in my country 

1 minute ago, bu. said:

“Great” is doing too much. I’m focusing on the stuff relevant to me in my country 

I stick to my words. She gave a great performance. Energetic, she danced, she was singing. There were issues, yes, but we as fans know what the show was supposed to sound like if the Glastonbury guys didn't screw up the sound. 💁🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, janetDAYZ said:

Every performance is not gonna be a slam dunk. What artist hasnt had a bad night or two? Its life. Get Over It. It wasnt her greatest. We got it.

The point is that it was not Janet who had a bad night. It was out of her control.

13 hours ago, bu. said:

People didn’t - they weren’t sold out shows. 

Stay mad that she delivered a shit show and got dragged for it 

Who is mad? 

I saw the performance online, and I enjoyed it.

shit show? Are u a world class entertainer? Who are you to judge her? Her “shit show” is probably better than your best. 

Who did she get dragged by? Internet trolls? The great depressed? People that matter? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakob said:

What was it that Janet could've done better than normal?

Outfits for one, at least different colors. There were instances where you could hardly see her even on the jumbo screens cause her black was going against the black of the screen so the contrast was horrible. Production also could've been way better. When you do Glastonbury you go there to show tf out, period. Janet did a good job for what she gave but she could've done much better. I'm not gonna point out every bad thing but let's not act like we haven't seen Janet kill it just a few months before Glastonbury. Global Citizens fest was just last year and she ate that stage up. She also just did the MTV EMAs and killed it.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Outfits for one, at least different colors. There were instances where you could hardly see her even on the jumbo screens cause her black was going against the black of the screen so the contrast was horrible. Production also could've been way better. When you do Glastonbury you go there to show tf out, period. Janet did a good job for what she gave but she could've done much better. I'm not gonna point out every bad thing but let's not act like we haven't seen Janet kill it just a few months before Glastonbury. Global Citizens fest was just last year and she ate that stage up. She also just did the MTV EMAs and killed it.

I'm gonna remind you that Glastonbury is a festival and Janet had a 50 minute slot. There's very little time to bring in her own staging like on SOTW. 

I honestly don't see the issue with the costume she wore. It's not like you could barely see her. 

Plus, Janet doesn't have to proof herself with big staging, colors and craziness on stage. Even though her relationship with Europe has become rocky in the last 18 years, the audiences here appreciative her and don't NEED to see her in colorful outfits and stuff. 

The Montreux show was pretty much the same (30 minutes longer though), but no one complained that we 'couldn't see her'.

Now I'm writing this, I'm thinking about Janets Rhythm Nation Tour. Weren't her outfits there like.. almost all black? And wasn't the staging... black as well? No one complains about that tour and the color contrasts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

“When you do Glastonbury you go to show tf out?” Are you speaking from experience? 

Janet’s bigger than Glastonbury, and at a stage in career where she can do whatever tf she wants, and everyone else will just have to deal. She’s earned it. 

Sorry you disagree with her artistic choices 

1 minute ago, Jakob said:

I'm gonna remind you that Glastonbury is a festival and Janet had a 50 minute slot. There's very little time to bring in her own staging like on SOTW. 

I honestly don't see the issue with the costume she wore. It's not like you could barely see her. 

Plus, Janet doesn't have to proof herself with big staging, colors and craziness on stage. Even though her relationship with Europe has become rocky in the last 18 years, the audiences here appreciative her and don't NEED to see her in colorful outfits and stuff. 

The Montreux show was pretty much the same (30 minutes longer though), but no one complained that we 'couldn't see her'.

Now I'm writing this, I'm thinking about Janets Rhythm Nation Tour. Weren't her outfits there like.. almost all black? And wasn't the staging... black as well? No one complains about that tour and the color contrasts.

I just pointed out how you could barely see her :lol: You don't need big staging or bring all other stuff onstage. Stop saying stuff like big staging and colors are craziness cause it sounds a little naive when you're talking about a world class legend, icon, and entertainer. Being mediocre on stage is for basic bitches and Janet ain't no basic bitch. Actually with Glastonbury she did need to prove herself. When you've lost tons of your international fan base you definitely need to prove yourself. I need some of y'all Janet fans to stop being so naive and in denial that Janet, maybe not in the United States or Japan, indeed has to prove herself in some instances. You're bringing up the RN tour which was her first world tour ever. She's progressed way more since then. When you progress you go forward, not backwards.

9 minutes ago, Jakob said:

She also didn’t have 5 billion costume choices or show much skin

^ things that ppl complain about now and credit to her husband 

13 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

I just pointed out how you could barely see her :lol: You don't need big staging or bring all other stuff onstage. Stop saying stuff like big staging and colors are craziness cause it sounds a little naive when you're talking about a world class legend, icon, and entertainer. Being mediocre on stage is for basic bitches and Janet ain't no basic bitch. Actually with Glastonbury she did need to prove herself. When you've lost tons of your international fan base you definitely need to prove yourself. I need some of y'all Janet fans to stop being so naive and in denial that Janet, maybe not in the United States or Japan, indeed has to prove herself in some instances. You're bringing up the RN tour which was her first world tour ever. She's progressed way more since then. When you progress you go forward, not backwards.

Okay, I see your point but don't twist it.

I'm saying Janet doesn't need to have 4 costume changes, she doesn't need "craziness", fireworks, etc. Just look at the Unbreakable Tour. It was pretty basic but it didn't matter because Janet simply mesmerizes audiences with her talent. That's what I'm trying to say. Awesome staging like in Vegas is super cool, but it's not necessarily needed. Just like she doesn't need to do all of that (all colors for example) in Europe. 

Yes, she is restoring her relationship with Europe now but it's not like she 'lost' fans because of her live skills. We experienced her first 3 tours so we know what she is capable to do. People might be scared to buy tickets cause they're afraid she might cancel, not because the show is too 'basic', a lack of colors or 'mediocre' 

And about the Rhythm Nation Tour. Using black was done on purpose. Yes, she progressed during the years in terms of the tours, but Rhythm Nation's color WAS black. 💁🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Oop!!!!!!!!! LSJXNEKFDMND read them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I'm saying Janet doesn't need to have 4 costume changes, she doesn't need "craziness", fireworks, etc. Just look at the Unbreakable Tour. It was pretty basic but it didn't matter because Janet simply mesmerizes audiences with her talent. That's what I'm trying to say. Awesome staging like in Vegas is super cool, but it's not necessarily needed. Just like she doesn't need to do all of that (all colors for example) in Europe. 

Yes, she is restoring her relationship with Europe now but it's not like she 'lost' fans because of her live skills. We experienced her first 3 tours so we know what she is capable to do. People might be scared to buy tickets cause they're afraid she might cancel, not because the show is too 'basic', a lack of colors or 'mediocre' 

And about the Rhythm Nation Tour. Using black was done on purpose. Yes, she progressed during the years in terms of the tours, but Rhythm Nation's color WAS black. 💁🏻‍♂️

YASSSSS Prozac these bishes

• Like 1

I have never seen a fanbase to be so gotdamn critical of their fav 😂😂😂😂😂

-her wig is fucked,

-ugly costumes

-hate her makeup

-she's gained weight again

- she lacked energy

- why no big production?

-FIRE GIL!!!

like, do other fanbases critique every strand of hair on their favs head like we do? Or am I tripping? I get ppl have opinions but my god.. Im really starting to realize how we are NEVER satisfied with Janet. Like...EVER

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

-her wig is fucked,

-ugly costumes

-hate her makeup

- she lacked energy

- why no big production?

-FIRE GIL!!!

like, do other fanbases critique every strand of hair on their favs head like we do? Or am I tripping? I get ppl have opinions but my god.. Im really starting to realize how we are NEVER satisfied with Janet. Like...EVER

one thing I will say that I believe is kinda unique to us, is we have seen Janet Jackson at huge levels of success and people haven't adjusted their expectations in terms of what she does 40 years into the game........wait until Beyoncé 50 :umm:

that's just one theory, I mean you have fans that were not around when Janet was "big" so how are they expecting her to do that now

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

one thing I will say that I believe is kinda unique to us, is we have seen Janet Jackson at huge levels of success and people haven't adjusted their expectations in terms of what she does 40 years into the game........wait until Beyoncé 50 :umm:

that's just one theory, I mean you have fans that were not around when Janet was "big" so how are they expecting her to do that now

I don’t understand why people have expectations when it comes to Janet. She’s repeatedly stated that she’s out to please herself

some people should’ve payed the extra and heard Promise of You

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

-her wig is fucked,

-ugly costumes

-hate her makeup

- she lacked energy

- why no big production?

-FIRE GIL!!!

the people talking shit are just dissatisfied trolls 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

the people talking shit are just dissatisfied trolls 

it's a bit much now, because all that chatter stays in the fan community no one else is checking so you literally have fans pissing other fans off and that's about all they doing :sigh:

13 hours ago, Jakob said:

I stick to my words. She gave a great performance. Energetic, she danced, she was singing. There were issues, yes, but we as fans know what the show was supposed to sound like if the Glastonbury guys didn't screw up the sound. 💁🏻‍♂️

And I stick to mine. It sucked. 

11 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

Who is mad? 

I saw the performance online, and I enjoyed it.

shit show? Are u a world class entertainer? Who are you to judge her? Her “shit show” is probably better than your best. 

Who did she get dragged by? Internet trolls? The great depressed? People that matter? 

You all clearly are at my opinion. 

Good for you for enjoying a drear performance. Janfam has clearly gotten use to mediocrity. 

Who am am I to judge her? A fan. Judging her like you are, like we all do and have done for years. 

She got dragged by the country she was performing in. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bu. said:

And I stick to mine. It sucked. 

You all clearly are at my opinion. 

Good for you for enjoying a drear performance. Janfam has clearly gotten use to mediocrity. 

Who am am I to judge her? A fan. Judging her like you are, like we all do and have done for years. 

She got dragged by the country she was performing in. 

It were just some pressed people on Twitter hating on her performance! Pretty much the same people who were hating some months ago when Jan was announced as one of the headliners.

The Guardian gave her like 4 out of 5 stars (how about that?) AND the attending audience liked it. 

14 hours ago, Jakob said:

We never said she needed 4 costume changes for a 50 minute set. The outfits they wore were boring and dusty period so let's not lie and say they weren't. The Unbreakable tour was amazing and even tho Janet did just 2 costume changes she made up for it with how she fucked the stage up just like she does usually. She had much better production, danced more, and at least her costumes weren't that bad. Glastobury was a different story. Let's take away the bad mic feed, she had shitty attire, and she didn't dance as much. As much as we love Janet and hate to hear people bad mouthing her we gotta be honest with ourselves sometimes and realize we can't always have an excuse. Sometimes it's just what it is. Everybody who's a true Janet fan knows shes better than what she did at Glastonbury no matter how much time they did or didn't give her.:umm:

10 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

-her wig is fucked,

-ugly costumes

-hate her makeup

- she lacked energy

- why no big production?

-FIRE GIL!!!

actually all of what you said is true and yes other fan bases do critique their faves. We don't critique everything Janet does. Nobody critiqued Global Citizens,MTV EMAs,  or Vegas. Y'all be saying that stuff just cause and we're so opinionated cause Janet has spoiled us. She's given us perfection when it comes to performing. Nobody could fuck with her in her prime and just last year when she finished SOTW tour so when she isn't giving us what we're used to then yeah we're gonna critique. It's not like it doesn't make sense. In our eyes she's the baddest female to ever entertain and we're gonna wanna see it that way until she's no longer with us.

• Upvote 1