Im. Going. To. Say. This..

janetDAYZ

3 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

My apologies is this edit understandable yall

Much better. I understand now.

The SOTW tour and Vegas show choreo did translate live, even better than the youtube clips. You can never really embody the show based on clips IMO ..its juss not the same at all.

IMO the Vegas show outdid SOTW tour choreo bc to me the Vegas show felt like a "rebranding" of some sort. It juss felt FRESH and different from what she has done before. It felt very "IN-YO-FACE" Idk how to explain it. The choreo was very fitting for that type of show. There were maybe 1 or 2 routines that felt slightly underwhelming but considering she did soooo many songs with strong choreo, that didnt matter much. IT WAS A SHOW THAT ALL TRUE JANET FANS SHOULD HAVE WITNESSED IN PERSON. It also felt like another milestone in her career and we were celebrating with her. Its INSANE the amount of celebs that travelved to vegas to see her show.idk if any other residency has had that many celebs to attend.

I’ve been to both. I think her choreography was great both times. There was a certain fierceness in her during SOTW where I felt like she was channeling her anger from her marriage into her performance. 

There’s a different sense of “I’m here” in her residency. 

I will say that I’ve probably sat in similar positions both times (center stage, fifth and fourth rows) and I can’t take my eyes of her when she performs. She’s mesmerizing. The difference to me is the higher production value in her residency compared to SOTW. 

And I think the choreography was equal. For instance I definitely LOVED her choreography for IGL during her residency. I also preferred the choreography for TTWLG at SOTW compared to her residency. Either way, Janet did that shit. 

• Like 1

Tottally :thumbup:

To the question at hand, it all looks incredibly different in person, but at the same time too as someone who's taken video of both, it really doesn't translate as well on phone video. no matter how close or how far. This is why I think releasing professional footage is better, professional cameras can capture it all better and we haven't had that in forever.

I think the choreography in general was much more intense & intricate for Metamorphosis, however I think HER dancing was a bit harder and edgier for SOTW, like Angie put, you could legitimate feel for Meta that "she's here!...and she's HAPPY!" in a way that wasn't in SOTW, that did have more aggression from her.

8 minutes ago, Angela said:

I’ve been to both. I think her choreography was great both times. There was a certain fierceness in her during SOTW where I felt like she was channeling her anger from her marriage into her performance. 

There’s a different sense of “I’m here” in her residency. 

I will say that I’ve probably sat in similar positions both times (center stage, fifth and fourth rows) and I can’t take my eyes of her when she performs. She’s mesmerizing. The difference to me is the higher production value in her residency compared to SOTW. 

And I think the choreography was equal. For instance I definitely LOVED her choreography for IGL during her residency. I also preferred the choreography for TTWLG at SOTW compared to her residency. Either way, Janet did that shit. 

Again, beautifully put

23 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Tottally :thumbup:

To the question at hand, it all looks incredibly different in person, but at the same time too as someone who's taken video of both, it really doesn't translate as well on phone video. no matter how close or how far. This is why I think releasing professional footage is better, professional cameras can capture it all better and we haven't had that in forever.

I think the choreography in general was much more intense & intricate for Metamorphosis, however I think HER dancing was a bit harder and edgier for SOTW, like Angie put, you could legitimate feel for Meta that "she's here!...and she's HAPPY!" in a way that wasn't in SOTW, that did have more aggression from her.

Again, beautifully put

OMG I loved the choreo for TTWLG on SOTW Tour. The choreo was updated, current, fresh and the clothes made it look even more modern(especially in S.O.T.W.2) When she went back into the old routine it was like hmm I wanted something different