**Official RN Anniversary Tour Thread**

janetDAYZ

58 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Who are you? I agree with everything you said. I had no idea Jimmy said he doesn't care about reissues smh

Haha just a fan. I emailed Jimmy last year before Made for Now as I had a Reissue Janet-campaign on Change.org that made a few headlines and that was his response. He doesn't reply a lot so I would've preferred no response over that. I was smart enough to direct it at UMG instead of Janet & Jimmy alone, cause I knew a big label would see the potential vs. her team seeing the potential. And it worked. 

1 hour ago, Lutfa said:

Totally agree with it being partially Janet's own doing - she just doesn't care for making a huge comeback and huge budget music videos. But at the same time her team is celebrating a dance no 1 like it was a global smash which makes it weird to me. I had to work my ass off to get those reissues out there, and to convince everyone there IS a huge demand for it. Jimmy told me he doesn't care about reissues and sees no point in doing them, but now he is celebrating the success of the releases. So I'm glad something I did had an impact and it was positive. But I always feel like I have to argue against, not only her core fan base but also her team to get something obvious across. Like a reissue. They're crucial in order to keep the legacy alive and to get those songs played so people don't forget. 

As for her outfits it's really not a huge deal but cmon. You could make a lil bit of an effort. That 90s jeans and shirt look is not gonna happen. I'm just happy she is performing and seems to be enjoying it again. 

Cinq made a mistakes by screwing up the release of Made for Now and it didn't have a global radio premiere for that reason. And got left out from radio play. And their team only wants opinions of certain fans, not all. Which is elitist as fuck. 

I know Janet could easily release another big album but European success is hard for her to achieve at this point. Even with an obvious no 1 song, the promotion would have to be aggressive as hell to break thru. But here's to hoping a new album is coming soon. 

Even though I feel her current team does a better job at promoting then her 2015 team, there are still some missed oppurtunities... Made For Now could've been much bigger. Yes, it was #1 in Mexico which is impressive but it peaked at, like #88 on the Hot 100? No Sleeep did better in 2015 and there was NO promotion on tv for that song whatsoever.

Even though I'm happy about the vinyl re-issues, I think Rhythm Nation 1814 should've had a CD reissue as well. There is a demand, people want the tour to be released in some way. I know we got the remixes digitally, but RN deserved a bigger celebration. 

Last but not least, I'm frustrated the music videos are missing on YouTube. I'm happy some are being remastered, but too many videos are STILL blocked in lots of countries or not even uploaded. It's crazy. Janet should have at LEAST 4 or 5 videos with 100+ million views but circumstances (Viacom boycott, VEVO not uploading videos or keeping videos blocked) f***ed things up.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Even though I feel her current team does a better job at promoting then her 2015 team, there are still some missed oppurtunities... Made For Now could've been much bigger. Yes, it was #1 in Mexico which is impressive but it peaked at, like #88 on the Hot 100? No Sleeep did better in 2015 and there was NO promotion on tv for that song whatsoever.

Even though I'm happy about the vinyl re-issues, I think Rhythm Nation 1814 should've had a CD reissue as well. There is a demand, people want the tour to be released in some way. I know we got the remixes digitally, but RN deserved a bigger celebration. 

Last but not least, I'm frustrated the music videos are missing on YouTube. I'm happy some are being remastered, but too many videos are STILL blocked in lots of countries or not even uploaded. It's crazy. Janet should have at LEAST 4 or 5 videos with 100+ million views but circumstances (Viacom boycott, VEVO not uploading videos or keeping videos blocked) f***ed things up.

Oh absolutely agree. I originally asked for remastered albums on CD, but we got what we got. And the YT situation is ridiculous. I don't wanna pop in a DVD every time I wanna watch Together Again for example. The TVs nowadays scale it down to a messy looking lq video anyway. 

Rhythm Nation deserves an official remastered CD + Remixes CD release. Hell, throw the RN Short film in there too. The concert is on YT but a blu ray release bundle with the CD would've been epic too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lutfa said:

Oh absolutely agree. I originally asked for remastered albums on CD, but we got what we got. And the YT situation is ridiculous. I don't wanna pop in a DVD every time I wanna watch Together Again for example. The TVs nowadays scale it down to a messy looking lq video anyway. 

Rhythm Nation deserves an official remastered CD + Remixes CD release. Hell, throw the RN Short film in there too. The concert is on YT but a blu ray release bundle with the CD would've been epic too. 

Absolutely! I think we just have to remind her team all the time haha. I send them tweets asking for these things once every few weeks, so hopefully one day. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Absolutely! I think we just have to remind her team all the time haha. I send them tweets asking for these things once every few weeks, so hopefully one day. 

Haha knowing Jimmy and Gil we'll probably get told we should be happy with what we got etc. We need to figure out a nice way to ask 

1 hour ago, Lutfa said:

Haha knowing Jimmy and Gil we'll probably get told we should be happy with what we got etc. We need to figure out a nice way to ask 

Yeah I'm avoiding them haha. I always direct my messages to UMe, Joey Harris, Jareiq Kabara and Anastasia Wright. They're from her team and are really involved in releases and promotion. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Yeah I'm avoiding them haha. I always direct my messages to UMe, Joey Harris, Jareiq Kabara and Anastasia Wright. They're from her team and are really involved in releases and promotion. 

Great! UMe or UMG whatever it's called nowadays is rly the right channel for all out feedback., 👍

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Illi said:

While some of you are at it, has any asked to re-certify Janet's albums?

I've tweeted Jimmy that a few times years ago. My thought on Made For Now is that I don't think it would've been successful. It didn't hit your ears like that. It only sold 20,000 copies the first week of release and that ain't good.

• Like 2

Made for Now did more than fine all things considered. It's a bit dishonest to think it was gonna be this big worldwide smash. I think if trends begin to embrace more adult, middle of the road tastes (outside of Adele), perhaps Janet might have a chance. It was a step in the right direction and I do wish she did made a project out of it.

• Downvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 3:14 AM, Lutfa said:

I would agree with you but Janet's career has not been the same after 2004. She made several efforts to get back on the charts globally but it just never happened. There is no budget for big shows and visuals. Rock Witchu Tour proved that she couldn't break even with a big production show. Then all that stuff with Wissam, having a baby etc.. Her mind isn't exactly at breaking records right now. She's still changing things up on tour, performing songs we never thought she would. Her wardrobe has been very wtf since the new tour started but that's just what it is. Made for Now was a step in the right direction, meaning she finally stopped catering for a handful of old skool fans and went with current sounding music instead. Ask Cinq and their amateur team why it never took off. And yeah her age plays a huge role in this as well. She can't hit those high notes anymore (she said this herself in an interview), and she obviously cannot dance like 20 years ago. 

We can all agree we were left thirsty for huge success and global tour after her career took a fall. But it's time to move on now. It's not gonna happen. Back in 2009 it could've been possible but she left and disappeared and that alone alienated European fan base. Her team has been working overtime to try to remind people of who Janet Jackson is. And they've had success doing so. But how many times are you gonna rely on Control and Rhythm Nation? In 1998 Together Again was the second biggest single in the world. Nowadays casual music listeners don't even remember that track and radio hasn't played it for a decade. And that was her most successful single to date.

It's time to move on from the illusion of her somehow going back in time to 2010 and reclaiming her throne. It just isn't going to happen. I love every single show, and song she puts out. I appreciate and will always cherish each Era. But those times are long gone. Comparing her to Madonna, who still has global appeal and success while on tour is silly. Janet does not have the same appeal anymore. Half of music listeners don't even remember her. Everyone knows who Madonna is and her team has kept her legacy alive and going. Janet's team is only now trying to remind people of who she is. 

IMHO the only thing I'd change is the short edits of AFY and Together Again. Especially, when performing at award shows. One or the other should be performed fully, and that would def have a bigger impact than doing a 30sec recap of both. 

One difference I will say Janet has over Madonna is that Janet's influence lives on in younger artists more than they cite Madonna as a influence. There have been way more tributes, shout outs, and interviews from next gen artists for Janet.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Illi said:

Made for Now did more than fine all things considered. It's a bit dishonest to think it was gonna be this big worldwide smash. I think if trends begin to embrace more adult, middle of the road tastes (outside of Adele), perhaps Janet might have a chance. It was a step in the right direction and I do wish she did made a project out of it.

no it didn't :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Made for Now was hyped as hell when it came out and would've done much better had it been released on time instead of missing the radio premiere. I'm not crazy about it now, it's been a year and I've played the song to death but it was on repeat for months at my household, so what do you expect lol

On 9/29/2019 at 12:54 AM, FreelovesJJ said:

So glad we can have real convo here. First, Janet’s career dip - yes was majorly due to her blackball BUT then Janet, even in recent years, got the opportunity to reclaim her brand. Especially when black twitter edified her by doing #JanetJacksonAppreciation - Janet’s issue isn’t that Cinq didn’t make her music heard, they had some “spat” that needs resolving - it’s ALSO that Janet has not leaned into her boldness. Some major life attacks obviously jaded Janet from the business from losing her brother, her marriage, her break up before the marriage, the label fall out...all that shit is not only stressful it’s tiring. 

No surprise.

What happened to her partnership with BMG? What’s the TEA on that?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Illi said:

Once you can find the magic potion to get veterans (especially Janet) to stream better, I'll concede my opinion.

I dunno about streaming but radio was eager to play the song in Europe and a dj even mentioned how good it is on air, but they were not able to play because it wasn't available via official channels. So there def was potential way more than some of you claim. Even The Great Forever had a promo single for radio. MFN did not. 

I agree with Free regarding SOTW. 

Outside of Vegas, I’ve only seen Janet in LA and I’ve been seeing her consistently since 2008. It doesn’t matter what city I’m living in, I will fly to her show in LA. When she did SOTW the first go round, I was living in Dallas and I was telling a coworker I was going to go see her in LA. As soon as I mentioned it he told me his friend and his wife went to the concert and they were STILL raving about her dancing and were calling it a comeback. That was one of the few times I’ve heard someone off the cuff talk about her like it was 1994 at work. And when I went in LA I knew what he was talking about. Sometimes when you’re giving me that kind of energy, and Janet moved like she had something to prove, IDGAF what your production looks like. She was a beast and that’s why that particular tour stands out to me when I think of post-prime Janet. What she lacked in production, she more than made up in energy to me.

I would say her least memorable to me was probably #1s and I went to see her twice on that one as she did a few nights in LA. What stood out to me was being able to meet her family. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Angela said:

I agree with Free regarding SOTW. 

Outside of Vegas, I’ve only seen Janet in LA and I’ve been seeing her consistently since 2008. It doesn’t matter what city I’m living in, I will fly to her show in LA. When she did SOTW the first go round, I was living in Dallas and I was telling a coworker I was going to go see her in LA. As soon as I mentioned it he told me his friend and his wife went to the concert and they were STILL raving about her dancing and were calling it a comeback. That was one of the few times I’ve heard someone off the cuff talk about her like it was 1994 at work. And when I went in LA I knew what he was talking about. Sometimes when you’re giving me that kind of energy, and Janet moved like she had something to prove, IDGAF what your production looks like. She was a beast and that’s why that particular tour stands out to me when I think of post-prime Janet. What she lacked in production, she more than made up in energy to me.

I would say her least memorable to me was probably #1s and I went to see her twice on that one as she did a few nights in LA. What stood out to me was being able to meet her family. 

Absolutely!! That’s exactly what I’m saying.  Janet performed SOTW with a vengeance. And when she went from baby weight to fighting weight, & came out in body suits and moved like she was in the best shape of her life the entire tour felt electrified. 

I loooove a multi-faceted production. Absolutely love it, but it is nothing without Janet’s energy. You can tell when she’s into the show & performance vs. when it’s obligatory. This is her JOB so everyday of every project does not feel like - her passion. It shows. SOTW thru & thru felt like hers. It’s like when a woman breaks up with a man & she bounces back in a way that is a huge level up. At this point, Janet is no longer doing it for the IM BACK energy she’s doing it because she’s working. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Alison is an excellent dancer. Excellent, and I can post a video of Janet completely messing up the AFY breakdown. Everyone has an off moment or performance. 

Alison ain't never been excellent at dancing but Did you really just try to compare Janet, a legend, icon, blueprint, and trendsetter who's been dancing since she was 7, to one of her backup dancers?

Image result for viola davis gif

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Alison ain't never been excellent at dancing but Did you really just try to compare Janet, a legend, icon, blueprint, and trendsetter who's been dancing since she was 7, to one of her backup dancers?

Image result for viola davis gif

Stop being petty…Allison has absolutely been excellent and gets standing ovations not only at Janet concerts...but in her studio performances & more. 

While you saw it as a devaluing comparison, you missed the point. The point is someone who is a professional dancer, like Janet & Allison...both have the capacity to fuck up. Even in ALL her accolades you named...let Janet tell it, she considers HERSELF a mediocre dancer. Which we all know to not be true, but still proves...all that has nothing to do with whether or not a person can make mistakes or not.