Janet rock album, yes or no?

zeb1814

Would you guys be interested in Janet doing a rock-oriented album. If so, who would you want to produce the album? I think Black Cat shows an untapped potential for this genre. Her aesthetic can be very alternative at times, which would naturally fit a rock record. What do you guys think???

10 minutes ago, zeb1814 said:

Would you guys be interested in Janet doing a rock-oriented album. If so, who would you want to produce the album? I think Black Cat shows an untapped potential for this genre. Her aesthetic can be very alternative at times, which would naturally fit a rock record. What do you guys think???

Hmmmm, she definitely excels in the genre than most pop/R’n’B artists but I always think the best Janet are very eclectic and vary in multiple genres. Rock could be the theme of the album but be inventive and mix it up with other genres of music. Hell, I hope her next album has a rock tune or two, so she can really let loose vocally! 😫😭🤪👍🙂

Rock IS not even Rock anymore....an alternative album delving into trip hop, industrial sounds and acid jazz would suffice for me....but Janet is not in the space to make a moody alternative album. She really thinks that Hawaii song is the cat's meow...Chile. Upbeat dance Janet is here to stay

• Upvote 2

On 12/2/2019 at 2:23 PM, Kalfou said:

Rock IS not even Rock anymore....an alternative album delving into trip hop, industrial sounds and acid jazz would suffice for me....but Janet is not in the space to make a moody alternative album. She really thinks that Hawaii song is the cat's meow...Chile. Upbeat dance Janet is here to stay

I completely agree, could see this about 15 years ago... but not now. I like your idea though, I’d love that. 

Le 02/12/2019 à 19:27, zeb1814 a déclaré:

Souhaitez-vous que Janet fasse un album orienté rock? Si oui, qui voudriez-vous produire l'album? Je pense que Black Cat montre un potentiel inexploité pour ce genre. Son esthétique peut parfois être très alternative, ce qui conviendrait naturellement à un disque rock. Qu'en pensez-vous??? audacity temp mail origin

Ce n'est pas pour moi

I feel like... without sounding rude when has Janet stuck to one genre on her albums? I feel like she’s one of the few that’s been able to provide a variety of genres in an album without losing cohesiveness and her identity 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bu. said:

I feel like... without sounding rude when has Janet stuck to one genre on her albums? I feel like she’s one of the few that’s been able to provide a variety of genres in an album without losing cohesiveness and her identity 

I agree completely, it feels just as off when I hear people call her a pop artist as it does it she's reffered to as a R&B artist, her music carries across the genre's, and not even in a "album track" way she has a deal of success in multiple genres.

To the topic I agree that classic rock isnt even rock anymore, that said I'd adore it if she ended up Tina Turner-ing her image & sound & that whole genre. Do I think she will, no. But do I have/hold any expectations, no, Unbreakable taught that. 

• Upvote 2

Janet is a genre bender and always has been. She is one of the few acts that's mainstream that is about the art first...I hate it when people refer to her as a Queen of Pop or Empress of Pop...she is so much more...she doesn't even move like a Pop Queen if you think about it...she ain't attached her name to no damn makeup, she ain't got no clothing line and she ain't out here trying to milk a holiday season for all it's worth....and yes that was shade :rolleyes:...I ain't mad at any of the girls getting their bag but Janet looks, disappears and stays to herself like an indie artist. That's why I fucks with her. Periodt

Leave that Pop title to these other hoes.

And I'm done!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dominique said:

Janet is a genre bender and always has been. She is one of the few acts that's mainstream that is about the art first...I hate it when people refer to her as a Queen of Pop or Empress of Pop...she is so much more...she doesn't even move like a Pop Queen if you think about it...she ain't attached her name to no damn makeup, she ain't got no clothing line and she ain't out here trying to milk a holiday season for all it's worth....and yes that was shade :rolleyes:...I ain't mad at any of the girls getting their bag but Janet looks, disappears and stays to herself like an indie artist. That's why I fucks with her. Periodt

Leave that Pop title to these other hoes.

And I'm done!

EXACTLY. That's why those titles don't matter.  They throw around the QOP title so much that it doesn't even hold weight anymore.

And well said about how Janet is more that a genre(although she is primarily R&B:whistle:).  She transcends musical genres.

7 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

EXACTLY. That's why those titles don't matter.  They throw around the QOP title so much that it doesn't even hold weight anymore.

And well said about how Janet is more that a genre(although she is primarily R&B:whistle:).  She transcends musical genres.

Janet is so different. This woman is out here recording oceans and getting inspired by trees....chile....her next album is gonna be full of songs like Black Eagle and you basic hoes will deal. Her spiritual garden is full honey...the sacred harvest is near.

18 minutes ago, Dominique said:

Janet is so different. This woman is out here recording oceans and getting inspired by trees....chile....her next album is gonna be full of songs like Black Eagle and you basic hoes will deal. Her spiritual garden is full honey...the sacred harvest is near.

Considering how great that song is, I don't mind.  :wub:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, bu. said:

I feel like... without sounding rude when has usa today protonmailJanet stuck to one genre on her albums? I feel like she’s one of the few that’s been able to provide a variety of genres in an album without losing cohesiveness and her identity 

anet is so different. This woman is out here recording oceans and getting inspired by trees, Her spiritual garden is full honey