Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

23 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

She won’t cancel, just reschedule the dates for a later time hopefully. That’s what most artists r doing who would be touring right now. Black Diamond Tour could recommence at the very end of 2020 or early 2021. I just hope we get the album some time this summer or fall to hold us over!!! 😫😫😫👍

oh ok cause I just read online that Live Nation is about to start the 1st wave of refunds for tons of artists

Here's what I'm hoping for...

...Single + music video release in August (by that time small groups of people are allowed together so she can film the video and promote the single on tv shows)

...Album release in November/December, just in time for Christmas.

...Superbowl 2021 (A fan can dream, right?!?! And great promo for the tour)

...June 2021: World Tour kick-off

On 4/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, Jakob said:

Here's what I'm hoping for...

...Single + music video release in August (by that time small groups of people are allowed together so she can film the video and promote the single on tv shows)

...Album release in November/December, just in time for Christmas.

...Superbowl 2021 (A fan can dream, right?!?! And great promo for the tour)

...June 2021: World Tour kick-off

Not the album four months after the single. That approach is old old news. 

43 minutes ago, Jakob said:

What do you think then? 

Janet's not going to do numbers. Her best opportunity is a tour bundle (but she won't be touring). I just don't see the value in that old-fashioned set up.

Release the single with an album pre-order. Drop the album 1 - 2 months later. Drop second single week before album release.

Hopefully in a couple of months she can get a couple of videos shot. I doubt she'll shoot more than one video at a time, but one can hope.

Drop the song (with lyric video). Drop the video the next week or so. Some kind of performance the week after.

I still can’t get the unfortunate timing of this. 😳😳😳 You could tell Janet and her team had to keep pushing this project back until this year with Metamorphosis and her RN Anniversary concerts. Finally, after 4 years or so, we finally get her long anticipated follow-up to “Unbreakable”, a World Tour in the works and a promo campaign that looked to be seriously insane!!! Then....ehhh....my excitement for this year is over!!! 😡😫😭💀

This could all be a blessing in disguise. I mean as long as there is health...

This way she can finish the album before the tour starts. Maybe the tour could become something fresh instead of the same old we've seen and heard before. We know she thrives on challenges and maybe this time at home will give her some amazing new perspectives and ideas.

She should release the album next year, postpone the tour with a year and bless us with Superbowl 2021. It would be so amazing! I hope she and JayZ are already talking... She would be perfect after JLO and Shakira. And we all know the ratings would be crazy. I think she herself could be in the state of mind where she could do it.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, Lenzo88 said:

my excitement for this year is over!!!

Well... The year still has 8 full months left. I think there is still a very good chance we're getting the first single and a 50/50 chance we'll even get the album in 2020. Otherwise, 2021 is the year. 

On 4/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, bonsaibutterfly said:

Maybe the tour could become something fresh instead of the same old we've seen and heard before

Janet already said on this Ryan Seacrest interview that she will do something different with the BDWT. So, that's exciting. But maybe this quarantine time gives her new ideas and insights. 

3 hours ago, Jakob said:

Well... The year still has 8 full months left. I think there is still a very good chance we're getting the first single and a 50/50 chance we'll even get the album in 2020. Otherwise, 2021 is the year. 

Janet already said on this Ryan Seacrest interview that she will do something different with the BDWT. So, that's exciting. But maybe this quarantine time gives her new ideas and insights. 

i just want more than 6 new songs like Please 

On 4/24/2020 at 5:51 AM, bonsaibutterfly said:

This could all be a blessing in disguise. I mean as long as there is health...

This way she can finish the album before the tour starts. Maybe the tour could become something fresh instead of the same old we've seen and heard before. We know she thrives on challenges and maybe this time at home will give her some amazing new perspectives and ideas.

She should release the album next year, postpone the tour with a year and bless us with Superbowl 2021. It would be so amazing! I hope she and JayZ are already talking... She would be perfect after JLO and Shakira. And we all know the ratings would be crazy. I think she herself could be in the state of mind where she could do it.

Imagine it took them 5 weeks to conceptualize Metamorphosis. Janet has to create something different

• Upvote 1

Janet for 2021!!! 

Too much shit goin on and probably will still go on for the rest of the year. Let her come back when all the smoke has cleared....the economy  in better shape and things are back to "normal". 2020 has not been a gracious year..this year as a whole needs to be forgotten. 2021 will start w/ a fresh clean sleigh. Period

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Janet for 2021!!! 

Too much shit goin on and probably will still go on for the rest of the year. Let her come back when all the smoke has cleared....the economy  in better shape and things are back to "normal". 2020 has not been a gracious year..this year as a whole needs to be forgotten. 2021 will start w/ a fresh clean sleigh. Period

Guess i can live with that. I do hope she drops the first single later this year though. Something to build up the same excitment we all had 2 months ago 😭

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

Guess i can live with that. I do hope she drops the first single later this year though. Something to build up the same excitment we all had 2 months ago 😭

I hope she experiments with more trap music and club music. I could def see the Bruno collab or Kendrick Collab 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

I hope she experiments with more trap music and club music. I could def see the Bruno collab or Kendrick Collab 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Bruno Mars collab. That will be fire and a Billboard Hot 100 smash! 

I’m fine with a 2021 approach. 

I absolutely do not see her doing the SuperBowl. I think we need to accept that she’s stubborn and is going to do what she wants. She wrote the SuperBowl off after 2004, and isn’t looking back. And I don’t blame her at all!

If there’s anything she’s hoping to happen numbers wise, I could see her trying to get another #1 album. She’s good at that and it’s a new decade so it would extend her streak. She also has a fan base that could help pull it off. I don’t see her gunning for a top single as she’s a legacy act now. And that’s perfectly fine.

And 2020 is complete and total trash. I should’ve known when Kobe died this was about to be a year of bullshit, but wow... this exceeded my expectations. I’m grateful to still be employed and to be safe. I hope y’all are safe as well. 

• Upvote 3

I dont think anyone could have imagined a year, this insane. Folks came in celebrating the "roaring 20's" and all, look at this shit now :filenails: I read on FB someone said did you unplug it wait a few seconds and plug it back in? Referring to the year 2020. :lol:

13 hours ago, Angela said:

I’m fine with a 2021 approach. 

I absolutely do not see her doing the SuperBowl. I think we need to accept that she’s stubborn and is going to do what she wants. She wrote the SuperBowl off after 2004, and isn’t looking back. And I don’t blame her at all!

If there’s anything she’s hoping to happen numbers wise, I could see her trying to get another #1 album. She’s good at that and it’s a new decade so it would extend her streak. She also has a fan base that could help pull it off. I don’t see her gunning for a top single as she’s a legacy act now. And that’s perfectly fine.

And 2020 is complete and total trash. I should’ve known when Kobe died this was about to be a year of bullshit, but wow... this exceeded my expectations. I’m grateful to still be employed and to be safe. I hope y’all are safe as well. 

I agree plus I kinda feel she's gotten too old where she won't be able to pull off her breakdowns but I could be wrong. Damn when you said she's a Legacy act now it kinda hurt. It's a hard pill to swallow cause no one ever really prepares for their fave to one day be one of those lol. I agree she should just wait til next year. We're about to be 5 months into the year already.

Gotten to old to pull of her breakdowns?????? Joe juss a couple of years ago janet was doin the IF breakdown w/ HER ARMS on billboard! Thats the BEST she's done in years during that breakdown. And she killed her breakdowns during SOTW tour.... You act like that was yearsssss ago lmfao.. Its juss that when you seen her SHE PUT ON WEIGHT..thats when she is lazy dancewise but skinny SOTW janet was still killing it. Her age isnt a factor of capability it's her weight. Pay attention. Please

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Gotten to old to pull of her breakdowns?????? Joe juss a couple of years ago janet was doin the IF breakdown w/ HER ARMS on billboard! Thats the BEST she's done in years during that breakdown. And she killed her breakdowns during SOTW tour.... You act like that was yearsssss ago lmfao.. Its juss that when you seen her SHE PUT ON WEIGHT..thats when she is lazy dancewise but skinny SOTW janet was still killing it. Her age isnt a factor of capability it's her weight. Pay attention. Please

we get older every year. Idk at what point she'll be able to continue it. She did the breakdown with her arms that one time and hasn't done it since then. She'll be 54 soon. What i''m saying is just because she was able to do something at 52 doesn't mean she'll still be able to do it at 54. There's gonna be a point where her body just won't be able to do it. We don't know if it's at 60 or younger. I'm already seeing it. Just sayin💁‍♂️