Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

3 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I agree plus I kinda feel she's gotten too old where she won't be able to pull off her breakdowns but I could be wrong. Damn when you said she's a Legacy act now it kinda hurt. It's a hard pill to swallow cause no one ever really prepares for their fave to one day be one of those lol. I agree she should just wait til next year. We're about to be 5 months into the year already.

It was hard for me to type it lol. I’ve been fighting it for a long time but when you think about the decades she’s had and the generations that have come up and been inspired through her, she counts. What solidified it for me was the Hall of Fame. I realize that others look at her the way I used to look at Diana Ross when I was a kid: big fan but most of my memories of her at her prime are through my parents’ eyes. And to be honest, it helps me to stop thinking of all of these eras that fans want but won’t get (many videos, smash singles, etc.). It’s a different time in the world and with her life. 

• Upvote 1

she has to save her energy for raising her son, I'm sure both parents are looking for the other to slip up and back to court we go because ohh she tired from doing all that on stage baby aint being attended to. I completely understand Janet's pulling back, and she still has that energy we saw that on the BB awards, she can get it there, but she has to be mindful of balance. Working moms that's the entire story, I wouldn't put age on her just yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J. said:

I think better choreo and production will make up for her declining agility/dance. Lately it seems like she’s been phoning in a lot of these performances.

Just give me the album.

Oh it definitely will! If it's anything like the Rhythm Nation 30th anniversary show I went to then it  for sure made up for the lack of dancing. Best show i've seen in person since TVR in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, J. said:

I think better choreo and production will make up for her declining agility/dance. Lately it seems like she’s been phoning in a lot of these performances.

Just give me the album.

Since when has Janet EVER phoned it in??? 😳😱🤔 She was dancing her ass off during  Metamorphosis and the RN concerts!!! That China Love breakdown?!? Come on!!! 🤯😠 I don’t know what some of you guys are expecting. Janet is 53-going on 54 this year. For her age, her showmanship and dance skills are top notch n beyond what most artists r doing today. Stop living in her glory days n realize she may have slowed down a little but puts on a show like a legend should! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Since when has Janet EVER phoned it in??? 😳😱🤔 She was dancing her ass off during  Metamorphosis and the RN concerts!!! That China Love breakdown?!? Come on!!! 🤯😠 I don’t know what some of you guys are expecting. Janet is 53-going on 54 this year. For her age, her showmanship and dance skills are top notch n beyond what most artists r doing today. Stop living in her glory days n realize she may have slowed down a little but puts on a show like a legend should! 

That The Knowledge breakdown too 🥶😵

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J. said:

Girl bye!!! Let’s see someone tour 3 years straight and keep their energy at 100% all the time!!! Janet was raking up those coins for this project and managed to consistently perform during those 3 years, not to mention planning yet another tour; going on 4-5 years of touring. Janet is human!!! Let her sit down between major dance breaks or she’ll be on a respirator before 60!!! 😳😳😳👍🤦🏾‍♂️

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, J. said:

That performance lacked energy to me 😂, but if you mean in terms of executing moves then of course

when Janet said she cut rehearsals in half, that's when we should have known, she wont be coming like dat, although at least on the BB awards she gave us the full "If" breakdown, I mean we hadn't seen her use her arms for that since what? "Rock Witchu" :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Yall forgive me but Quarantine has given me a good amount of time on my hands.

A good amount of hits will be left off but at least she can always have dates where she surprisingly add them to the setlist(which I doubt because she likes her setlists to be fixed)

I'm using the Metamorphosis Show as a template (and I added 20 mins for the two encore performances)

(Songs that are in brackets are basically using the song lengths of these performances that were on the Meta show)

Act 1 Resilence

1. Intro

2. “Dream Maker”/Euphoria Interlude(Empty)

3. “New Song”("Trust a Try"/"You") (extemely dance heavy)

4. “New Song (20 Part 2 (Interlude)/"What Have You Done for Me Lately"/"Control")

5. Pledge (interlude)/"Rhythm Nation"(special performance)

Act 2 

1. “New Song”("Nasty"/"The Pleasure Principle"/"When I Think of You")

Act 3

1. New Album Song Interlude(Are You (short film)/Morning (interlude))

2. "Shoulda Known Better"(TTWLG/GTIG/"Come Back to Me")1/”New Song”2

3. "China Love"

4. “The Great Forever”(modern contemporary routine)(”"Together Again"/"All for You")

Act 4

1. "Love U 4 Life" Interlude(Ruff Interlude)

2. “New Song”("Moist"/"Any Time, Any Place")

3. "I Get Lonely"

4. "That's The Way Love Goes" (sexy solo jazz rendition) 1

5. “Together Again”(Deeper Remix) 2

6. “I Want You"(“Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)"/"Let's Wait Awhile")

Act 5

1. Dancehall ClubSet(Dancehall VJ Video Interlude contains excerpts from "Runaway", "Got til It’s Gone", "When I Think Of You", "Miss You Much", "So Excited", "Together Again" and "Just A Little While")

2. “New Song”/”All Nite"(Go Deep" (Timbaland remix)/"Come On Get Up"/"Rock with U")

3. “Call On Me”("Throb")

4. Feel It Boy/Love Me Love Me"(All Nite Interlude)

Act 6  “New Album Song Interlude”(contains elements of Throb and Free Xone)(RN Interlude)

1. Night/Rockwitu Mashup(contains elements of Slolove)("State of the World"/"The Knowledge")

2. “New Song”(Let's Dance (interlude)/"Miss You Much"/"Love Will Never Do (Without You)")

3. “Alright”1/”Escapade”2("Alright"/"Escapade"/"Black Cat")

Act 7

1. New Song

Act 8 

1. "Feedback"(meta version)

2. "If"1/Diamonds(contains Diamonds Are Girl’s Best Friend by Normani and Megan Thee Stallion)/Nasty Girl(Vanity 6)/Nasty (contains elements of some current song)2

3. “BURNITUP”("R&B Junkie"/"The Best Things in Life Are Free")(UPDATE CHOREO AND PRODUCTION)

Encore

1. Pleasure Principle ("So Excited"/"Made for Now")

2. "Can't Be Stopped Intro/“Made For Now”/”Throb” (8 min performance)

3. Young Love/All For You(contains elements of Say So and Glow Of Love cover)/Gon B Alright(contains elements of Funky Big Band/Control/Miss You Much/R&B Junkie)(13 min performance)

1 Only performed in early performances

2 Only performed halfway through the tour beginning on the European Leg

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, jinthahouse said:

Yall forgive me but Quarantine has given me a good amount of time on my hands.

A good amount of hits will be left off but at least she can always have dates where she surprisingly add them to the setlist(which I doubt because she likes her setlists to be fixed)

I'm using the Metamorphosis Show as a template (and I added 20 mins for the two encore performances)

(Songs that are in brackets are basically using the song lengths of these performances that were on the Meta show)

Act 1 Resilence

1. Intro

2. “Dream Maker”/Euphoria Interlude(Empty)

3. “New Song”("Trust a Try"/"You") (extemely dance heavy)

4. “New Song (20 Part 2 (Interlude)/"What Have You Done for Me Lately"/"Control")

5. Pledge (interlude)/"Rhythm Nation"(special performance)

Act 2 

1. “New Song”("Nasty"/"The Pleasure Principle"/"When I Think of You")

Act 3

1. New Album Song Interlude(Are You (short film)/Morning (interlude))

2. "Shoulda Known Better"(TTWLG/GTIG/"Come Back to Me")1/”New Song”2

3. "China Love"

4. “The Great Forever”(modern contemporary routine)(”"Together Again"/"All for You")

Act 4

1. "Love U 4 Life" Interlude(Ruff Interlude)

2. “New Song”("Moist"/"Any Time, Any Place")

3. "I Get Lonely"

4. "That's The Way Love Goes" (sexy solo jazz rendition) 1

5. “Together Again”(Deeper Remix) 2

6. “I Want You"(“Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)"/"Let's Wait Awhile")

Act 5

1. Dancehall ClubSet(Dancehall VJ Video Interlude contains excerpts from "Runaway", "Got til It’s Gone", "When I Think Of You", "Miss You Much", "So Excited", "Together Again" and "Just A Little While")

2. “New Song”/”All Nite"(Go Deep" (Timbaland remix)/"Come On Get Up"/"Rock with U")

3. “Call On Me”("Throb")

4. Feel It Boy/Love Me Love Me"(All Nite Interlude)

Act 6  “New Album Song Interlude”(contains elements of Throb and Free Xone)(RN Interlude)

1. Night/Rockwitu Mashup(contains elements of Slolove)("State of the World"/"The Knowledge")

2. “New Song”(Let's Dance (interlude)/"Miss You Much"/"Love Will Never Do (Without You)")

3. “Alright”1/”Escapade”2("Alright"/"Escapade"/"Black Cat")

Act 7

1. New Song

Act 8 

1. "Feedback"(meta version)

2. "If"1/Diamonds(contains Diamonds Are Girl’s Best Friend by Normani and Megan Thee Stallion)/Nasty Girl(Vanity 6)/Nasty (contains elements of some current song)2

3. “BURNITUP”("R&B Junkie"/"The Best Things in Life Are Free")(UPDATE CHOREO AND PRODUCTION)

Encore

1. Pleasure Principle ("So Excited"/"Made for Now")

2. "Can't Be Stopped Intro/“Made For Now”/”Throb” (8 min performance)

3. Young Love/All For You(contains elements of Say So and Glow Of Love cover)/Gon B Alright(contains elements of Funky Big Band/Control/Miss You Much/R&B Junkie)(13 min performance)

1 Only performed in early performances

2 Only performed halfway through the tour beginning on the European Leg

I like it 

On 5/1/2020 at 11:53 AM, Jakob said:

Guess janet is gonna announce the tour postponement any day now. I hope she does announce the first single release tho. 🙏🏻

I hope so cause it’s May n the tour was suppose to start next month!!! Clearly she HAS to announce something cause this tour either ain’t happening or is being pushed back until the fall 2020/most likely Winter 2021!!! 🤔

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...