Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Um I could've sworn I already commented on this and you and i had even discussed the production on her 30th anniversary tour and you said the "janet." tour had the best opening ever. Must've been in another thread cause i'm having Dejavu lol

Joe that was in the instagram DM's lol

6 hours ago, Jakob said:

But... didn't he direct Metamorphosis as well? I mean, Meta was pretty innovative, right? 

Well lets be honest.. Its VEGAS!! You almost HAVE to bring production and take it up some notches cus the bells & whistles is what helps sell a vegas show. Im almost sure that the artist and the creative director also collabs w/ some sort of "Vegas creator" as well to bring it all to life..cus they have experience in actual vegas shows and needs to be incorporated. I doubt it was juss Janet and Gil who put that together. I dont wanna beat a dead horse by dragging the Gil thing out cus we know he is very hit and miss.. I juss wish she would step away juss to see how DIFFERENT her show would be with fresh new energy and new ideas.. Thats all. I juss want her to get a taste of sum "freshness" if u will. Nothing against Gil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

yall what creative directors would you like Janet to collab with. Like creative directors of other artists  tours

Tbh.. Boomkack! LaurieAnn Gibson.. I never thought i would say that but i say her becus her natural energy to me is juss excitement and this is the lady who is behind Lady Gaga's explosion of artistry when she first came out. It was like an asteroid hit!! Juss on that ALONE shows how dynamic of a creative director she is. And i know she would push janet to add and mix some things up that i think Gil probably doesnt battle janet much on becus he knows his friend and how Janet can be stubborn. So Gil prolly keeps it safe but Laurieann? Would be like.."BUT JANET!!!!!!" lmfao 

11 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Ppl still on dry ass facebook..joe fb been DEAD .. Snapchat..pshh.. Twitter, eh.. Instagram really the only one thats poppin poppin

I rarely get on snap but i'm always on twitter and fb. Twitter is where I find out entertainment news and what's trending lol. I used to rarely get on IG but I use it more than snap these days although I barely post pics but I do post stories.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Tbh.. Boomkack! LaurieAnn Gibson.. I never thought i would say that but i say her becus her natural energy to me is juss excitement and this is the lady who is behind Lady Gaga's explosion of artistry when she first came out. It was like an asteroid hit!! Juss on that ALONE shows how dynamic of a creative director she is. And i know she would push janet to add and mix some things up that i think Gil probably doesnt battle janet much on becus he knows his friend and how Janet can be stubborn. So Gil prolly keeps it safe but Laurieann? Would be like.."BUT JANET!!!!!!" lmfao 

Just checked her out and she is really good and will totally push the bondary for Janet without losing her essence. I forgot to tell yall that there was this one time I was on Gil's live some months ago and he had asked what performances you wished came back for her new concerts and said Alright with the Zoot suits becuase that was just a whole iconic era for Janet. He responded Ew nope never (or something along those lines)

I was like Arwww😭😭😢

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

Just checked her out and she is really good and will totally push the bondary for Janet without losing her essence. I forgot to tell yall that there was this one time I was on Gil's live some months ago and he had asked what performances you wished came back for her new concerts and said Alright with the Zoot suits becuase that was just a whole iconic era for Janet. He responded Ew nope never (or something along those lines)

I was like Arwww😭😭😢

id actually agree with him there. I hated the A4U suit in particular

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

id actually agree with him there. I hated the A4U suit in particular

ik but it was very theatrical. That song in particular reminded me of the MGM Musicals that Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers were apart of. Bringing that element on stage made it feel less of a concert and more of a play or musical play production

8 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

I was like Arwww😭😭😢

well i cant blame him there...that is soooooooo played out. 

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

ik but it was very theatrical. That song in particular reminded me of the MGM Musicals that Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers were apart of. Bringing that element on stage made it feel less of a concert and more of a play or musical play production

But she has ran the musical theatrical thing into the ground. We have to move on and reinvent. 

4 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

You do have a point what you think it should be reinvented as.

Tbh it doesnt have to carry a visual theme anymore imo. Juss like how she made the song apart of a medley on the SOTW tour ..and didnt make it a nig center piece performance i was cool with that. Dropping some of those visual themes for certain songs helps to change the overall look for her tours. 

12 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

Yall if there were opening acts for the tour would you like to see. Personally i would love to see Teyana Taylor, Normani, Tinashe and Kehlani on some dates

Maybe Teyana or Tinash. Really don't care for anybody up there. I tried with Normani but she's just flopping everywhere and I think she's gonna fizzle out like Tinashe