Janet movie

bonsaibutterfly

Ive thought about this for years, and let me start with some points IMO:

1. Janet's story aint over, so even now a biopic would be kinda premature, my only reservation I dont want her story NOT told because no one's interested, and that's all timing. Lena Horne who? To this generation of kids out here. :filenails: 

2. I dont see a single female that would play Janet convincingly, through all the different eras, different looks, and "size" :whistle:  one of the hallmarks of Janet's "brand" has always been her looks, which is why Janet when acting has its issues because kinda hard not to see her and think JANET.

3. Depends on the script. If you can pull off another "What's Love Got to Do With It" I would be in, that movie was well produced.

4. I'd rather Janet do her memoirs or autobiography, she tends to be more candid in print. If a biopic were green lit, I wonder how much more would she be willing to tell? I mean if we hear about the key to the animal cages, or not keeping a journal so my songs are my journal, I will scream in the theater "stop" run up  in front of the movie screen and scream "Give me a beat!" :mellow:   *thinking about Voodoo* :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Different actresses should play Janet at different ages in her career. As a child. another for JanetJackson/Dream Street, and another from Control to Damita Jo

that could work, it may be distracting though, depending on how long they spend in each time period. Still a challenge IMO to find someone that could play Janet

Janet's story is so unique and there's so much to tell... I'm totally okay with a biopic now instead of one in 10 or 20 years. It could be focused on her rise to stardom, but i'd love to see more insights in her private life and how she was treated... The Superbowl aftermath would be interesting as well and how she had to fight for her career. A lot of people don't really know that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jakob said:

Janet's story is so unique and there's so much to tell... I'm totally okay with a biopic now instead of one in 10 or 20 years. It could be focused on her rise to stardom, but i'd love to see more insights in her private life and how she was treated... The Superbowl aftermath would be interesting as well and how she had to fight for her career. A lot of people don't really know that.

give me the story behind why the skin game is still around specific to her reasons.

All the relationships and divorces, sorry boo, someone has beans, so spill em :rolleyes:

industry politics and games, oh and spill all the relevant tea on any chick or dude that you had negative or positive with. AKA let me spell it out, Prince? Madonna? etc. :coffee: 

4 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

As long as they skip the Jermaine Dupri years I’m on board!!! 😎👍💀

Its Not Realistic GIFs | Tenorshe loved that man,  spent 8 years together, he was there during the SB, MJ passing, during the Virgin albums to fill her contract

• Upvote 1

I would love to see a Janet movie. But she would deserve a big production movie, not just a tv broadcast.

Anyway. I think the movie should be about certain times of her life. She's had such an eventful life so far that I think it would be too much to tell the story of her whole life and have many different actresses portaying her, max two different leads, preferably one.

I think it could be about her amazing rise to a megastar from the shadow of her brother(s). How she ended up becoming basically the most successful one of the family while still living a relatively normal life. What made her stood out of the rest. Ppl would love to know more about her personal affairs but that's not going to happen.

I know a few actresses who look like her a bit, but still none of them match Janet's natural beauty. We would need someone absolutely gorgeous and talented newcomer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

I would love to see a Janet movie. But she would deserve a big production movie, not just a tv broadcast.

Anyway. I think the movie should be about certain times of her life. She's had such an eventful life so far that I think it would be too much to tell the story of her whole life and have many different actresses portaying her, max two different leads, preferably one.

I think it could be about her amazing rise to a megastar from the shadow of her brother(s). How she ended up becoming basically the most successful one of the family while still living a relatively normal life. What made her stood out of the rest. Ppl would love to know more about her personal affairs but that's not going to happen.

I know a few actresses who look like her a bit, but still none of them match Janet's natural beauty. We would need someone absolutely gorgeous and talented newcomer.

I believe a new comer would go over the best, anyone else will just be compared IMO 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

Its Not Realistic GIFs | Tenorshe loved that man,  spent 8 years together, he was there during the SB, MJ passing, during the Virgin albums to fill her contract

Yeah true.. Doesn't mean he needs to be a featured character. Cheat in’ a$$!!! 😒😡👊🏾😩

11 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Yeah true.. Doesn't mean he needs to be a featured character. Cheat in’ a$$!!! 😒😡👊🏾😩

Janet and Jermaine are on good terms these days. They really loved each other and letting out the Jermaine years would mean letting out the entire 2001-2009 era. And we all know some major things happened in these years... 

• Upvote 1

For me, if its true ...we have seen tons of shit that has showed her rise to superstardom.. I would want that aspect of her life to be secondary..and what should be primary is the obstacles and struggles that only US fans know about. Casual Janet fans and non Janet fans dont know this woman was hopping in her car in the middle of the night to go search for her drug addict husband in dangerous areas who would call her to come try to find him cus he's not even coherent enough to kno where he is. Stuff like that would REALLY make a story cus the common person looks at Janet as a beautiful woman who was lucky enough to be born into fame  with a silver spoon in her mouth. Alot of ppl dont know stuff like Janet being on tour and needing emergency eye surgery becus she scraped her cornea with a magazine and after her surgery she was in her hotel room suffering and crying through the night of healing while her husband (Rene) was nowhere to be found.  I think stuff like this would show how common and relatable her life is despite her name being in bright lights. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Alot of ppl dont know stuff like Janet being on tour and needing emergency eye surgery becus she scraped her cornea with a magazine and after her surgery she was in her hotel room suffering and crying through the night of healing while her husband (Rene) was nowhere to be found.  

Wow. I didn't even know this! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

For me, if its true ...we have seen tons of shit that has showed her rise to superstardom.. I would want that aspect of her life to be secondary..and what should be primary is the obstacles and struggles that only US fans know about. Casual Janet fans and non Janet fans dont know this woman was hopping in her car in the middle of the night to go search for her drug addict husband in dangerous areas who would call her to come try to find him cus he's not even coherent enough to kno where he is. Stuff like that would REALLY make a story cus the common person looks at Janet as a beautiful woman who was lucky enough to be born into fame  with a silver spoon in her mouth. Alot of ppl dont know stuff like Janet being on tour and needing emergency eye surgery becus she scraped her cornea with a magazine and after her surgery she was in her hotel room suffering and crying through the night of healing while her husband (Rene) was nowhere to be found.  I think stuff like this would show how common and relatable her life is despite her name being in bright lights. 

200.gif

I didn’t know all that!!! My god!!! 😱😨🤯😖

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

Old discussion about the article where she mentions those two separate accidents, one with a magazine and one with her dog, which almost made her go blind

Which is why i said the movie should focus on the aspect of her real life off the stage. I really think it would draw ppl into her 

• Upvote 1

I agree, she would probably have lots of stories to tell which could draw people into her. But I'm pretty sure she would not be willing to talk about those past times, some of them she isn't even legally allowed to talk about. I don't think she would want to hurt anyone, and always when the truth gets to be told someone gets hurt... The only way I see this getting her blessing is that it focuses on her career and maybe single-motherhood...

• Upvote 1