Purchase the Rhythm Nation 1814 album on 5/16 campaign!

Jakob

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

couldn't we do one of her favorite charities? I've bought all her albums, some several times

We could've done that, and you're free to do so, but we want to give Janet a #1 album on iTunes.

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

couldn't we do one of her favorite charities? I've bought all her albums, some several times

If I were ever to get involved in something on these lines it would be this. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I buy albums to listen to. I have no desire to add to stats. Im pretty sure Janet would appreciate a charitable sentiment MUCH more.

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

tenor.gif

Rhythm Nation 1814 is as relevant as it was 31 years ago. Why NOT try to get it to #1 so that the non-fans and younger generation get to know about its existence? Madonna and Mariah fans can pull off a #1 iTunes album these days, why can't we?ย 

7 hours ago, Jakob said:

Rhythm Nation 1814 is as relevant as it was 31 years ago. Why NOT try to get it to #1 so that the non-fans and younger generation get to know about its existence? Madonna and Mariah fans can pull off a #1 iTunes album these days, why can't we?ย 

they sold around 1000 copies to get that number 1, as Janet fans we need to do better and look less pressed :rolleyes:ย  BUT I'm not a hater so if you want a number 1 on Itunes, go get it :coffee:ย 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

they sold around 1000 copies to get that number 1, as Janet fans we need to do better and look less pressed :rolleyes:ย  BUT I'm not a hater so if you want a number 1 on Itunes, go get it :coffee:ย 

Hmmm.. you seem to get it! AND you understand the importance of theย 1000 sold copies. Here's an idea: why not join? ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

9 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Hmmm.. you seem to get it! AND you understand the importance of theย 1000 sold copies. Here's an idea: why not join? ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

because I already bought RN the cassette at least 3 times, the CD twice, and the vinyl record, let's not get into singles. I'm a loooongggg time fan, so my seniority goes back -_-ย can you even play cassettes? I mean how challenging would it be to play my RN cassette? :unsure:ย  that would be a better birthday present, "Did ya'll see on Twitter all those Janet fans playing RN on cassette tapes?"ย  chile they love her :lol:ย "what do they mean side a?" :unsure:ย 

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

because I already bought RN the cassette at least 3 times, the CD twice, and the vinyl record, let's not get into singles. I'm a loooongggg time fan, so my seniority goes back -_-ย can you even play cassettes? I mean how challenging would it be to play my RN cassette? :unsure:ย  that would be a better birthday present, "Did ya'll see on Twitter all those Janet fans playing RN on cassette tapes?"ย  chile they love her :lol:ย "what do they mean side a?" :unsure:ย 

Then how come Mariah and Madonna fans can pull off 1000+ sold copies of a 20, 25 year old album, simply to try to get it to #1? Why can't we do it? What's the difference?

14 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Then how come Mariah and Madonna fans can pull off 1000+ sold copies of a 20, 25 year old album, simply to try to get it to #1? Why can't we do it? What's the difference?

Honestly, that's part of my problem with it. It feels like its a thing for fans to brag about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Honestly, that's part of my problem with it. It feels like its a thing for fans to brag about

it's all about bragging numbers, its like the fan bases of these women are insecure :unsure:ย you don't see fans of Tupac music trying to get him to number one while the Biggie fans steam about the shit :sigh:ย  Janet's legacyย is cemented, she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone she hasn't already and a number 1 on iTunes, while cute, is so unimportant. I'd rather hear they cast at least one actress to portray Janet during her childhood for her as yet untitledย biopic -_-ย 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

it's all about bragging numbers, its like the fan bases of these women are insecure :unsure:ย you don't see fans of Tupac music trying to get him to number one while the Biggie fans steam about the shit :sigh:ย  Janet's legacyย is cemented, she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone she hasn't already and a number 1 on iTunes, while cute, is so unimportant. I'd rather hear they cast at least one actress to portray Janet during her childhood for her as yet untitledย biopic -_-ย 

Onbiously, Janet has nothing to prove. But like I said, why not? It's her birthday, and also, WE know this album (as does older generations), but the new generation mostly doesn't. AND it's a great reminder to all of those whoย kind of forgot about the RN album.ย 

Rhythm Nation album rose to no.3 on Itunes R&B album chart and it made it into the top 200. It may of gone higher on both charts but Idk

Edit: Updated Rhythm Nation moves up to no.2 on the R&B album chart and no.31 on the top 100 main chart