Jump to content

Janet... You and your teammmm babygirl needs to do better..why is Mariah??


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

but guys also take into account that the blacklisting had an effect on her songs being on mainstream radio. This is why she had a number one like When I Think Of You or All For You and it doesn't get the radio playback today like a La Isla Bonita or I Will Always Love You

I understand the odds that were against her that she couldnt control but she isnt doin much to make up for it now..that she is on social media. Thats my point. Her and her team should be pushing her as a legacy act more..idk i guess u have to see how mAriah's presence on social media to see what im talking about. But then again we know janet doesnt care based on how she hardly promotes when she goes on tour..so... She really doesnt care 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say this becus its more than evident at this stage the way Mariah and her team handle her status as a legacy act is unmatched and in turn Mariah has not only the respect of the older audience but al

Yes its very frustrating. Girl release some b-sides for ur fans

Her social media posts, namely Twitter and IG, are just embarrassing. I've had to mute her on Twitter because her posts are just annoying at this point, and whoever is running her account is not doing

Posted Images

I have stood to the sideline on this, mostly just to hear what people are saying. 

1. Janet's not engaged at the level of an Icon, I dont think she cares, it's like post-SB Janet wasn't in the game -_- 

2. Mariah is a different "animal" because her fans are united, we have division on things :umm:

3. The most factual statement made here, is true, her legacy is NOT being preserved. Which begs the question of what did Janet Jackson the entertainer want to leave behind?

I have disagreed over social media because I see social media as a platform for brand management and ultimately earning money, most of Janet's earnings were created before social media, so thinking from Janet's point of view, what is the incentive? :unsure:  I've been a fan for so long its not easy seeing things as they are, remembering things as they were, but there's YT and all her old interviews and clips :unsure:  that's all I have carry on my brothers and sisters ...stay up -_- 

I hear the frustrations here, and I acknowledge there is a problem with how Janet is managed, but in the end it comes down to her

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Dont be fooled despite Janet being bashful about her accomplishments she has ALWAYS cared about album sales & figures hence to her always saying "Im extremely competitive with everyone including my brother" ...and she also told oprah she wanted to outsell "Thriller". Janet didnt care as much once she got past her prime understandably. I think her being honored with artist achievement awards give her a false sense of her legacy flourishing but thats only through the scope of the industry..what about the streets? Kids hear about Janet being a legend but they dont know what for cus they arent familiar wit alot her work. Her and Mariah are playing the legacy game differently. But hey, thats all janet. If she thinks her legacy will thrive on...coo..but i dont want her to be one of those forgotten icons once she passes..thats my only cconcern.

This! I also definitely believe there was a time where Janet got cocky, just like most artists when they are huge, and thought her name alone would sell records, tickets, get good ratings, etc. which in part was true but that's not all that will work for you. For example, here's something that in my eyes started during the All For You era, Janet knew she was still hugely popular and that her album would do good numbers in sales worldwide whether she toured overseas or not. She had no interest in resuming the tour for her fans overseas so she didn't even when it was safe. We head on over to the Damita Jo era and still no tour for anyone, not even for her fans overseas. Then we go to the 20 Y.O. era. Once again no tour for anybody in America or overseas. Let's go to The Discipline era. It's now been 7yrs since you haven't toured for your fans. I think when the numbers for her tickets sales came out it showed her that although she's a Legend and Icon that her name can only do so much and ended up cancelling the tour.

Now we're in 2010. By then her Legacy diminished so much she had to resort to going on American Idol to show the world she was still a bad bitch. The world seeing how great she was ended up buying her American Idol performance so much that it shot to no.1 on Itunes. Let me say it again, a performance on a tv show shot to no.1 on Itunes. I'd never heard of it before but Janet did it. Her and her team made a smart move which was to start a small intimate tour. We know it was done small on purpose to see how those tickets would do and rebrand her name and legacy. By the end of 2011 she ended up having a sold out tour that started with 35 dates and due to demand ended up with 71. Her legacy was up and running again.

I'ma make this paragraph short. 2015 no Unbreakable tour for her fans overseas after cancelling. 2017 resumes tour with now new name "State of the World" and once again leaves her overseas fans out of the picture. We get to 2019 and we get the "Rhythm Nation 30th Anniversary Tour" and sorry but once again our fellow overseas fans are left out. 2020 and here it is about another Decade of her overseas fans not seeing her. Most of them gave up on her. Sad but a lot of them have stated so.😞

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

This! I also definitely believe there was a time where Janet got cocky, just like most artists when they are huge, and thought her name alone would sell records, tickets, get good ratings, etc. which in part was true but that's not all that will work for you. For example, here's something that in my eyes started during the All For You era, Janet knew she was still hugely popular and that her album would do good numbers in sales worldwide whether she toured overseas or not. She had no interest in resuming the tour for her fans overseas so she didn't even when it was safe. We head on over to the Damita Jo era and still no tour for anyone, not even for her fans overseas. Then we go to the 20 Y.O. era. Once again no tour for anybody in America or overseas. Let's go to The Discipline era. It's now been 7yrs since you haven't toured for your fans. I think when the numbers for her tickets sales came out it showed her that although she's a Legend and Icon that her name can only do so much and ended up cancelling the tour.

Now we're in 2010. By then her Legacy diminished so much she had to resort to going on American Idol to show the world she was still a bad bitch. The world seeing how great she was ended up buying her American Idol performance so much that it shot to no.1 on Itunes. Let me say it again, a performance on a tv show shot to no.1 on Itunes. I'd never heard of it before but Janet did it. Her and her team made a smart move which was to start a small intimate tour. We know it was done small on purpose to see how those tickets would do and rebrand her name and legacy. By the end of 2011 she ended up having a sold out tour that started with 35 dates and due to demand ended up with 71. Her legacy was up and running again.

I'ma make this paragraph short. 2015 no Unbreakable tour for her fans overseas after cancelling. 2017 resumes tour with now new name "State of the World" and once again leaves her overseas fans out of the picture. We get to 2019 and we get the "Rhythm Nation 30th Anniversary Tour" and sorry but once again our fellow overseas fans are left out. 2020 and here it is about another Decade of her overseas fans not seeing her. Most of them gave up on her. Sad but a lot of them have stated so.😞

Thank you for seeing it from OUR side! She has not toured here since 2011, for 13 years prior to that! Seeing her in the US in 2015  was my first and so far last time seeing her live. Thats why I said the lack of communication really frustrated me because the UB tour never got rescheduled and its never been acknowledged since, whilst touring the US several times. I sometimes wonder if you realise how spoilt youve been over there :lol: Some people say she is a "local" entertainer and looking in  from here, I understand where theyre coming from. The number of shows she aimed for in Europe shows she/her team are out of touch, thinking her name alone would sell. Its not the 90s now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bailey said:

 

2. Mariah is a different "animal" because her fans are united, we have division on things :umm:

3. The most factual statement made here, is true, her legacy is NOT being preserved. Which begs the question of what did Janet Jackson the entertainer want to leave behind?

I hear the frustrations here, and I acknowledge there is a problem with how Janet is managed, but in the end it comes down to her

What division do you think there is...or maybe I shouldnt ask 😆 

I know it sounds morbid and I didn't want to say it, but I can imagine her thinking "when im gone, they will realise my legacy...that's enough"

Her priorities now are completely different with Eissa being first, everything else is secondary.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I hate to say it but Mariah vs Janet isn’t a thing because Mariah is (was👀) a vocalist n Janet is simply an entertainer! Not saying she can’t sing like many have said, but why put them together when it doesn’t make sense too??? Jill Scott/Erykah Badu, Brandy/Monica, R. Kelly/Keith Sweat, etc. Very similar artists who were compared to their rival throughout their careers. For Mariah, unfortunately Whitney is gone n only Celine would manage to compete. Even though Celine has always been pop n rock to Mariah’s RnB/Hip Hop/pop music. If you’re looking for a Janet counterpart in black music, there really isn’t any besides....uhhh....u see!!! 😅😂🤣💀.  I would think Janet’s team sees the same thing. No one like her still doing it!!! Let’s just scratch that and have Toni vs Mary J.!!! Now there’s a verses I’d like to see!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

What division do you think there is...or maybe I shouldnt ask 😆 

I know it sounds morbid and I didn't want to say it, but I can imagine her thinking "when im gone, they will realise my legacy...that's enough"

Her priorities now are completely different with Eissa being first, everything else is secondary.

I agree her priorities are her son, and life events change things for people. What's in question is the lack of engagement, and I read this thread and saw a lot of valid points that I will not deny. There is Janet Jackson the entertainer, and Janet Jackson the person, those two are very different people it would seem :unsure: 

Mariah fans stand united, they will defend that chick on New Year's Eve during an obvious "fuck up" moment with a straight face -_- , they ride or die. Our fanbase has spread out, divided into different groups that get along and diss the others, Xone being one I can think of :umm:

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vibeology said:

Thank you for seeing it from OUR side! She has not toured here since 2011, for 13 years prior to that! Seeing her in the US in 2015  was my first and so far last time seeing her live. Thats why I said the lack of communication really frustrated me because the UB tour never got rescheduled and its never been acknowledged since, whilst touring the US several times. I sometimes wonder if you realise how spoilt youve been over there :lol: Some people say she is a "local" entertainer and looking in  from here, I understand where theyre coming from. The number of shows she aimed for in Europe shows she/her team are out of touch, thinking her name alone would sell. Its not the 90s now.

I've been seeing if from y'alls side for over a decade. I've been wanting her to start focusing on her overseas fans since America did her so dirty after the Superbowl. She should've went over there and toured all over the globe. Janet fucked up. She literally could've been huge overseas like Madonna. We'll never forget her here although the younger generation barely knows her but overseas definitely forgot about her.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, vibeology said:

ive never really understood why that was so important to some.

Tell that to Janet and her team who continue to quote sales figures that aren’t in RIAA’s system. What’s the point of certifications if you’re not going to keep them up to date?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 11:39 PM, janetDAYZ said:

 By that time the SB had affected her on a global scale. Janet use to be one most played artists on the radio and the most visible on mtv. .then after the sb..it got real quiet and then she became older and older acts rarely get played on pop stations...janet had alot of odds against her but she isnt doin enough on her end to sustain her legacy at this point. Then when she got married and had went on her hiatus for 7 years that didnt help cus that was during the rise of social media. Janet was late to the party.  Its alot of factors

That's true too. 

1) She was/is blacklisted 

2) Janet doesn't seem to be that interested in investing in her legacy like other artists do. 

She has a kid to raise, and like someone else stated here as well, Janet is aware that her legacy is already cemented. I just can't wait for this whole Corona-fiasco to be over, so we can get a properly promoted Black Diamond era.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I've been seeing if from y'alls side for over a decade. I've been wanting her to start focusing on her overseas fans since America did her so dirty after the Superbowl. She should've went over there and toured all over the globe. Janet fucked up. She literally could've been huge overseas like Madonna. We'll never forget her here although the younger generation barely knows her but overseas definitely forgot about her.

Janet and Europe ...idk why thats such an estranged relationship ..its something behind the scenes that i dont think we're privy to. You go to Europe to do a festival  but you wont tour over there. It makes me think is the demand a.lil shaky over there or what? Why has a Europe leg been put on ice for so many years. It has to be a business reason that we dont understand

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Janet and Europe ...idk why thats such an estranged relationship ..its something behind the scenes that i dont think we're privy to. You go to Europe to do a festival  but you wont tour over there. It makes me think is the demand a.lil shaky over there or what? Why has a Europe leg been put on ice for so many years. It has to be a business reason that we dont understand

I think it's bad luck and circumstances. Janet was huge in Europe! After Unbreakable, the State Of The World Tour should've had a European leg, but LiveNation didn't want to invest in a European tour without a new album to promote. Janets team definitely wanted to work on her relationshop with the European fans, so they booked two big festivals that also drew media attention. Finally, for Black Diamond, she was really supposed to be touring over here with a proper leg, but then Miss Rona f***ed up everything. Praying for 2021 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I think it's bad luck and circumstances. Janet was huge in Europe! After Unbreakable, the State Of The World Tour should've had a European leg, but LiveNation didn't want to invest in a European tour without a new album to promote. Janets team definitely wanted to work on her relationshop with the European fans, so they booked two big festivals that also drew media attention. Finally, for Black Diamond, she was really supposed to be touring over here with a proper leg, but then Miss Rona f***ed up everything. Praying for 2021 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

i would have to see it to believe it bc we think that with every single tour 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

i would have to see it to believe it bc we think that with every single tour 

It was on top of her website, LOL. It said "European and other world dates soon to be announced". 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jakob said:

It was on top of her website, LOL. It said "European and other world dates soon to be announced". 

and what's weird to me with that is why after all this time is she finally deciding to focus on Europe although its a great idea? I mean she should've kept them on her mind whenever she considered touring because that's where she started with the first leg of her Velvet Rope tour and all her dates sold out. That should've told her something

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Janet and Europe ...idk why thats such an estranged relationship ..its something behind the scenes that i dont think we're privy to. You go to Europe to do a festival  but you wont tour over there. It makes me think is the demand a.lil shaky over there or what? Why has a Europe leg been put on ice for so many years. It has to be a business reason that we dont understand

It is . There is one thing not being present with your music, but she is also not a bold personality/always in the media. Out of sight, out of mind. Also, Janet was not a child star here (they never showed Good Times in Europe, though in the UK we got Fame and Different Strokes). She arrived in the 80s after Michael so its always been "MJs baby sister". Her big hits didn't start until the Janet album.

I guess Glastonbury was the UK tour 😌 I genuinely think they thought her fans around the UK/Europe would splash out to see her there (hence keeping the deep cuts). Then she did Switzerland. Maybe she was testing the waters to see how responsive people were?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jakob said:

It was on top of her website, LOL. It said "European and other world dates soon to be announced". 

I soooo admire your optimism 😄 i really do!

 

Do you have an an opinion on what you think they were waiting for???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

and what's weird to me with that is why after all this time is she finally deciding to focus on Europe although its a great idea? I mean she should've kept them on her mind whenever she considered touring because that's where she started with the first leg of her Velvet Rope tour and all her dates sold out. That should've told her something

Alot has changed since then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

I soooo admire your optimism 😄 i really do!

 

Do you have an an opinion on what you think they were waiting for???

I know other countries dont want Americans there right now. They're literally have a travel ban on us

Link to post
Share on other sites

Her social media posts, namely Twitter and IG, are just embarrassing. I've had to mute her on Twitter because her posts are just annoying at this point, and whoever is running her account is not doing her any favors. It's been ten years and she still hasn't properly adapted to social media, and will continue to get left in the dust if she doesn't. With new music coming out, now would be the time to be promoting herself, but the team would rather give 15 mins of fame to random ppl. She's really useless on social media. Like why are you here if you're gonna be boring? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet always liked to keep it private. I don't blame her for that, knowing what too much fame did to her family. I believe she has been hurt by fame and is doing the right thing trying to protect herself and her son. 

But her social media is annoying right now. Less is really more and the fan tributes have lost their value after being played 24/7. 

In Europe Janet was always seen mostly as MJ's little sister and at the moment I would say people view her like they view let's say Paula Abdul or Chaka Khan. If she would want to sell out stadiums she would need a massive comeback with hits. She doesn't have a team or motivation like the Backstreet Boys, who after all these years still drive the audience crazy like in the 90s.

Janet is wasted opportunity and potential in so many ways but we just have to accept it at this point and be happy whenever she decides to share a tiny bit of her life or some new material.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was disrespectful imagine they believed that the bulk of the singles Beyonce had that she had listed were hits and said that she won an oscar. Most of them songs didnt even chart😂😂😂 Meanwhile they bash Janet not having a catelog enough for her

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vibeology said:

Her big hits didn't start until the Janet album

Control was a big success in the Netherlands and the most played Janet singles over here are from that album.

 

17 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

and what's weird to me with that is why after all this time is she finally deciding to focus on Europe although its a great idea?

i think she really wanted to tour over here with SOTW, but LiveNation didn't feel confident about her selling out over here. With a new album: yes. But SOTW had nothing new. The US and Asia got tour dates, but those tickets pretty much sell themselves as these are her biggest markets nowadays. 

 

15 hours ago, vibeology said:

soooo admire your optimism 😄 i really do!

 

Do you have an an opinion on what you think they were waiting for???

Thanks haha. As usual, artists don't announce all the dates right away. The European dates were probably just weeks away. She also said it on Fallon: "These are just the States" (talking about the world tour).

 

6 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

She doesn't have a team or motivation like the Backstreet Boys, who after all these years still drive the audience crazy like in the 90s.

the Blackstreet Boys never faced a big boycott, so selling tickets over here is much easier for them. Janets fans buy tickets, but they only fill up like 30% of a venue. The other tickets are bought by people that aren't necessarily fans, but they enjoy her and her music (because they hear it on the radio and see her on tv). It's much harder for Jan to sell those tickets, but for Black Diamond it seemed like she was really aiming at good promotion (for Unbreakable, there was no promo whatsoever). A couple of televised interviews in Europe will do. 💁🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...