Jump to content

Janet... You and your teammmm babygirl needs to do better..why is Mariah??


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Illi said:

But the US was still the album's most successful market, with considerable international promo.

what considerable international promo and US is usually always an american artist's most successful market

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say this becus its more than evident at this stage the way Mariah and her team handle her status as a legacy act is unmatched and in turn Mariah has not only the respect of the older audience but al

Yes its very frustrating. Girl release some b-sides for ur fans

Her social media posts, namely Twitter and IG, are just embarrassing. I've had to mute her on Twitter because her posts are just annoying at this point, and whoever is running her account is not doing

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

what considerable international promo and US is usually always an american artist's most successful market

She's made appearances in the UK, Japan, France, Denmark and Spain. The singles probably did better abroad (but it doesn't say that much), the not the album.

I feel that some fans need to realize that she didn't have the luxury to seek refuge abroad like her peers.

And just enjoy Mariah and stop trying to make it about Janet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Illi said:

She's made appearances in the UK, Japan, France, Denmark and Spain. The singles probably did better abroad (but it doesn't say that much), the not the album.

I feel that some fans need to realize that she didn't have the luxury to seek refuge abroad like her peers.

And just enjoy Mariah and stop trying to make it about Janet.

We talking about touring boo not no album sales. Try paying attention or just don't join in the conversation

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

We talking about touring boo not no album sales. Try paying attention or just don't join in the conversation

I understand just fine. 

If the album was better recieved abroad, a tour there would have been a no brainer, but the results signified a decline in those markets also. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTIG said:

Just finished the installing the Queen.. Janet reposted this in her story 💙

IMG_20201005_225110_916.jpg

Oh is that your house?! I've seen this pic more than a few times on twitter and facebook

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Oh is that your house?! I've seen this pic more than a few times on twitter and facebook

Lol crazy yes..finished the wall last night 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Janet lost her ambition after Michael died. She used to say she and Michael were very competitive with each other when it came to music releases. I think if Michael were still alive, she’d have more of a fire and passion to be competitive. Michael was about to make a big comeback with This is It and that would’ve inspired Janet to also make a grand comeback. No way would she have done a small and intimate Number Ones tour if Michael had completed This is It. Hell, it would have been amazing if they did a Michael and Janet tour together. That would have been fire.  My guess is his death,her breakup with Jermaine, and being without a label drove her into a depression and away from wanting to even do music. Moving overseas and marrying Wissam made her realize she’s not meant to be a housewife. She loves doing music and appreciated the fans wanting her to come back so she got back out there with Unbreakable.  I am so glad she has Eissa and is a mom. I am sure it has  given her so much joy given the heartbreak she’s endured

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gigi said:

I think Janet lost her ambition after Michael died. She used to say she and Michael were very competitive with each other when it came to music releases. I think if Michael were still alive, she’d have more of a fire and passion to be competitive. Michael was about to make a big comeback with This is It and that would’ve inspired Janet to also make a grand comeback. No way would she have done a small and intimate Number Ones tour if Michael had completed This is It. Hell, it would have been amazing if they did a Michael and Janet tour together. That would have been fire.  My guess is his death,her breakup with Jermaine, and being without a label drove her into a depression and away from wanting to even do music. Moving overseas and marrying Wissam made her realize she’s not meant to be a housewife. She loves doing music and appreciated the fans wanting her to come back so she got back out there with Unbreakable.  I am so glad she has Eissa and is a mom. I am sure it has  given her so much joy given the heartbreak she’s endured

Honestly, I hear what you’re saying but if anything, Janet REGAINED her passion AFTER Micheal died because 1) Her albums were consistently sucking. 2004-2008 was the most uninspired years of her career (when Micheal was alive I might add) and it resulted in her weakest work since before Control. 2) Janet got tired of making these generic, mediocre albums so that’s why she stopped recording a new album with Pitbull and Darkchild in 2009. She needed time to be inspired again by processing everything that happened and live until bam! “Unbreakable” comes out n now she had too much to say n talk about. 👍😭❤️ Janet has always said she doesn’t know how to write without being inspired by that time in her life hence why “Damita Jo” through “Discipline” are a mixed bag of meh! Same thing with “Black Diamond”, becoming a mother, divorcing her third husband (no shade but...👀), not to mention the state of this country since Trump’s been President. etc. Can’t wait until she releases it one day! 🤔👍🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet is a recluse and frankly I'm over it. Let sis do her...hell I got my own problems.

I will say when you have EVERYTHING you wanted at your finger tips at such a young age, that passion and drive is not the same as others who had to struggle. 

I don't even think its her team...its definitely her. Ole scary ass. That humble shit don't work in 2020 sis...take action or be left behind.

And I'm done

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Janet is a recluse and frankly I'm over it. Let sis do her...hell I got my own problems.

I will say when you have EVERYTHING you wanted at your finger tips at such a young age, that passion and drive is not the same as others who had to struggle. 

I don't even think its her team...its definitely her. Ole scary ass. That humble shit don't work in 2020 sis...take action or be left behind.

And I'm done

We can be as frustrated as we want, but why should she worry if some of the issues concerning her legacy isn't taking money out of her pocket? At the end of the day, she has to want to do these things for herself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Illi said:

We can be as frustrated as we want, but why should she worry if some of the issues concerning her legacy isn't taking money out of her pocket? At the end of the day, she has to want to do these things for herself.

I'm not frustrated...i really don't care. The whole legacy being in jeopardy is bullshit...Taraji P Henson just appreciated Janet out of the blue and called her the queen of lewks. Her legacy will be fine. Mariah is working with Roc Nation now so of course they got her outchea promoting that stale book of old tea.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And yall gonna stop coming for Janet Vanzant and her inspirational fluff post. If anything that gives you an idea of what kinda space she is in...that new album will be full of songs like Black Eagle and you hoes will deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 6:56 AM, Illi said:

We can be as frustrated as we want, but why should she worry if some of the issues concerning her legacy isn't taking money out of her pocket? At the end of the day, she has to want to do these things for herself.

Because everything isn’t about money? 😐

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 3:22 PM, Laveaux said:

And yall gonna stop coming for Janet Vanzant and her inspirational fluff post. If anything that gives you an idea of what kinda space she is in...that new album will be full of songs like Black Eagle and you hoes will deal.

I’m 100% sure she isn’t even picking out the quotes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, J. said:

Because everything isn’t about money? 😐

I'm not saying it's about money, but she's comfortable enough to where she can simply seclude herself without really have to justify anything. Most people don't have the privilege. Most have to deal with the everyday's grim reality which places us in a position to either face it head on or wallow in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So........ Dj Aktive spilled some info on his Instagram live this week. According to him, Black Diamond won't happen until 2022. I asked fans what he said exactly, but no one seems to be sure if he talked about the album or just the tour. However, it's weird that some tour dj (no shade) spills this info, right?! Also, what does he know? No one knows if artists can tour in 2022. Maybe we can go see tours next year. 💁🏻‍♂️ Not saying that it definitely can't be 2022, but Aktive is not the person who should talk about all this. 

If the project won't be happening til 2022, I want to hear it from Janet. Not the tour dj. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jakob said:

So........ Dj Aktive spilled some info on his Instagram live this week. According to him, Black Diamond won't happen until 2022. I asked fans what he said exactly, but no one seems to be sure if he talked about the album or just the tour. However, it's weird that some tour dj (no shade) spills this info, right?! Also, what does he know? No one knows if artists can tour in 2022. Maybe we can go see tours next year. 💁🏻‍♂️ Not saying that it definitely can't be 2022, but Aktive is not the person who should talk about all this. 

If the project won't be happening til 2022, I want to hear it from Janet. Not the tour dj. 

i believe him. Why wouldn't he know? Flu season just started and more cases of corona are popping up due to reopening. I just don't see her touring anytime soon...let alone any artist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

Why wouldn't he know?

I'm not saying that he doesn't know (although he has been wrong about Janet related stuff before), but he shouldn't be the person telling us these things. It's unprofessional. I want her team to act more professional and people like Aktive simply need to zip it. 💁🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jakob said:

I'm not saying that he doesn't know (although he has been wrong about Janet related stuff before), but he shouldn't be the person telling us these things. It's unprofessional. I want her team to act more professional and people like Aktive simply need to zip it. 💁🏻‍♂️

You think he should've just stayed quiet? Would you accept Janet continuing to tell us nothing? I'm fine with either one. I honestly think anyone who took time out to think logically, we really don't need Janet to tell us anything. There's a pandemic going on so no point in doing anything musically as far as new releases. I do however think she should do stuff to keep her name out there. I felt bad cause I was talking to someone online from Columbia and he asked who my favorite singer is and when I told him Janet he said "The sister of Michael?" and I said yes and had to explain to him that Janet is also huge but not as huge as Michael. Then he played "Made For Now" and said that's the only song he knows by her because of Daddy Yankee and the song was played heavily in the country.  He's 25 and he already knew Mariah and Whitney's music🤦‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jakob said:

So........ Dj Aktive spilled some info on his Instagram live this week. According to him, Black Diamond won't happen until 2022. I asked fans what he said exactly, but no one seems to be sure if he talked about the album or just the tour. However, it's weird that some tour dj (no shade) spills this info, right?! Also, what does he know? No one knows if artists can tour in 2022. Maybe we can go see tours next year. 💁🏻‍♂️ Not saying that it definitely can't be 2022, but Aktive is not the person who should talk about all this. 

If the project won't be happening til 2022, I want to hear it from Janet. Not the tour dj. 

around which mark on the igtv

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGEWq3slGkU/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think it might just be the tour because waiting another year for the album is nonsense! Janet can still do single/videos and live performances in front of no audience (Tho that kind of defeats the purpose of a Janet Jackson performance!!!)  but Janet n her team should work with the limitations like other artists have n do their best to promote and make the era work. Tho the world tour WAS the main draw for the era, not the music itself. Sigh....idk...this year is such a mess!!! It’d b nice to end it on a good note with a single or something to give us hope! 🥺😫😭🤦🏾‍♂️💀

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

around which mark on the igtv

It wasn't in this video. It was in a livestream about two days ago.

 

7 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, I think it might just be the tour because waiting another year for the album is nonsense! Janet can still do single/videos and live performances in front of no audience

That's my guess. I don't see her pushing back the album to 2022. The tour perhaps. On the other hand, if the entire project will start in 2022 it's not THAT terrible. 2022 is already in a year and 3 months. Time flies by like lighning in the sky. 😀

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...