Janet... You and your teammmm babygirl needs to do better..why is Mariah??

janetDAYZ

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

The Mariah comparisons yep. Mariah loves the spotlight. They should clean up her video collection because as rightly stated, her videos are these visual extravaganzas, very well put together and enjoyable to watch. 

They’re classics. It’s why I can be unimpressed with other bodies of work that come from other artists because I’ve seen it before already. 

There are little things Janet can do and I’ve noticed more tweets about her have been gaining some traction. She should have her team capitalize on it. 2018 was the perfect time to do it because she was on a roll with visibility and tributes. 

We all stuck in the house. She can get her videos on YouTube and update her certifications. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Angela said:

What I would like for Janet is for her and her team to post all her videos on YouTube on her VEVO account. I saw some traction on the Got Til It’s Gone video on Twitter a couple of days ago. I went to YouTube to go play it because it really is one of my favorite videos ever, and I could only find a fan account... that was posted nine months ago. 

I’m not even saying she needs to certify her stuff and she doesn’t need to be Mariah because for all of her greatness, she’s extremely insecure, lacks accountability,  and can be very money hungry (she’s also selling Mariah cookies). But she should care about what she gave her life to and she should care about it more than her fans. 

And I wouldn’t be surprised if Black Diamond doesn’t happen until 2022. 

100% agreed! I was thinking about all of this only a few days ago. I made a personal video about Janet not having all her videos (available) on YouTube, and some of the Janet Team saw it, but I doubt if they're going to act. It's so important though, and i wonder whats the issue. 

the videos, especially coming from a solid visual artist is a no brainer, that should absolutely be done ASAP. I'm trying to figure out why the RN short film wasn't given the HD treatment, "The Knowledge" knocks! I wonder where the heck the stomps, claps, and the hos from the intro to RN went on the clean up? The certifications, not sure how much they cost, but she can do better overall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

100% agreed! I was thinking about all of this only a few days ago. I made a personal video about Janet not having all her videos (available) on YouTube, and some of the Janet Team saw it, but I doubt if they're going to act. It's so important though, and i wonder whats the issue. 

If you're talking to her "team" I would say Jimmy is the best bet, he listens and he has her ear. I'm not saying Jimmy will respond, but he's accessible enough to get the message.  I think he does Twitter enough to go there.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:02 PM, Bailey said:

If you're talking to her "team" I would say Jimmy is the best bet, he listens and he has her ear. I'm not saying Jimmy will respond, but he's accessible enough to get the message.  I think he does Twitter enough to go there.

Yup. He seen it as well, and actually liked the post. He knows what we think and what we desire, lol. Now it's time for Janet's team (+ Janet) to act. Lol.

• Like 1

Y'all wanna say Mariah is doin it cus she likes the spotlight is only half true. Mariah is an incredible business woman who has learned the tools that are NECESSARY to not only stay making money but also to (at very least) stay thriving during a young sea of newbies/ culture. She gets it. Janet gets it but doesnt care as much. Mariah juss seems to take a lil more interest in her overall legacy than Janet. Janet has a misguided perception about her name in the new age. Kids hear that Janet is a legend but they dont know why. I seen a video the other day where it was sum kids reacting to her video and said "I didnt even know Janet was a singer..i juss knew she was in a couple of movies" ....THAT IS A PROBLEM whether yall want to admit it or not. Her youtube views are wayyyyyyyy lower than ALL her peers. THAT IS A PROBLEM. Young kids are more familiar with MJ's musical legacy than Janet's..some might say understandably but to me THATS A PROBLEM 

I don’t think anybody’s saying that it isn’t a problem and she should be doing more. And I know that Mariah knows how to promote herself as she learned/was married to the best. And, based on Mariah’s book, she’s hella insecure which doesn’t surprise me that she’s using smart tactics to keep her name out there. Doesn’t mean Janet can’t do more and it doesn’t mean others weren’t in here throwing shade for comparison. The two are not mutually exclusive. 🤷🏾‍♀️ I’m not naive to her standing and know that Gen Z and soon to be Generation Alpha don’t know her like they should. And I don’t think she has a misguided perception. I think she knows and doesn’t care. I’m going to give her more credit on her knowledge even if she just discovered Hot Cheetos a few years ago. It’s on her to care because as far as I’m concerned I know I’ve done my part in trying to keep her legacy alive with starting petitions back in 2006 because I was worried about her blacklisting and erasure THEN, playing her music to the people that know me, and putting money every month to keep this not very active forum running and spending thousands when she’s on tour. She has to care more than all of us. Hell, I’d like it if she did care as it would drive more activity to this forum and justify the price I pay. 😆I’m just not as bothered about it as I used to be.  🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bailey said:

the videos, especially coming from a solid visual artist is a no brainer, that should absolutely be done ASAP. I'm trying to figure out why the RN short film wasn't given the HD treatment, "The Knowledge" knocks! I wonder where the heck the stomps, claps, and the hos from the intro to RN went on the clean up? The certifications, not sure how much they cost, but she can do better overall. 

This! There’s an interest for her but she has to take the opportunity to capitalize on it. When I was reading the Twitter thread on GTIG there some comments about people saying they didn’t even know she was the artist which shows that people aren’t connecting the dots and through no fault of their own. 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:48 PM, Angela said:

I don’t think anybody’s saying that it isn’t a problem and she should be doing more. And I know that Mariah knows how to promote herself as she learned/was married to the best. And, based on Mariah’s book, she’s hella insecure which doesn’t surprise me that she’s using smart tactics to keep her name out there. Doesn’t mean Janet can’t do more and it doesn’t mean others weren’t in here throwing shade for comparison. The two are not mutually exclusive. 🤷🏾‍♀️ I’m not naive to her standing and know that Gen Z and soon to be Generation Alpha don’t know her like they should. And I don’t think she has a misguided perception. I think she knows and doesn’t care. I’m going to give her more credit on her knowledge even if she just discovered Hot Cheetos a few years ago. It’s on her to care because as far as I’m concerned I know I’ve done my part in trying to keep her legacy alive with starting petitions back in 2006 because I was worried about her blacklisting and erasure THEN, playing her music to the people that know me, and putting money every month to keep this not very active forum running and spending thousands when she’s on tour. She has to care more than all of us. Hell, I’d like it if she did care as it would drive more activity to this forum and justify the price I pay. 😆I’m just not as bothered about it as I used to be.  🤷🏾‍♀️

That's where I am, some of us, have been fans for a really long time, so I can speak for myself, and truth is, I've had the fortune of enjoying most of Janet's successes, and now it feels like the energy she used to feed off of us at shows is the energy we also require, we don't have that from her now. I also mention, often, she is a mother now, and that changes so much in her world, at this point in her career I'm not sure fans are her priority not nearly as much as her personal affairs. It is what it is. I'm not bothered because I dont expect anything from her, if a project comes along great, I'm a diehard for life, love the woman, and if she's doing her thing, as it appears, I wish her nothing but the absolute best.