New 500 Greatest Albums Entry!

Lenzo88

49 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Rolling Stone has re-released their 500 Greatest Albums of all time. While Rhythm Nation (#339) and The Velvet Rope (#318) remain, Control was added at #111!  And yes, both RN and TVR went down on the list, originally #277 and #259 respectively. 
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/

I hope no Beyonce album got higher 

That said, Janet does well on the list despite the attacks her legacy has endured. But I can tell this list was formulated to appease the Millenial and Gen-z crowd. I don't want to get into detail but there are too many albums that are more popular than good. Many of those album will be an afterthought within the next five years. They also have a habit of over-ranking any critically acclaimed album over the past 20 years.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

:lol: She was part of the voting panel. I figured she have herself up there smfh

It's easy to pull the 'pressed Janet fan' card with this, but those were too high imo. But she the pop icon of her generation so the rankings have to reflect that.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

This list will change again a in a few years. So I'm not bothered. I knew Control was gonna be added, but TVR and RN1814 should be in the top half. 

The top 200 is outright laughable. Imagine thinking some of those artists have better albums than Stevie's classical period. :lmao:

The fact that Taylor Swift is top 100 is laughable.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:55 PM, Lenzo88 said:

Rolling Stone has re-released their 500 Greatest Albums of all time. While Rhythm Nation (#339) and The Velvet Rope (#318) remain, Control was added at #111!  And yes, both RN and TVR went down on the list, originally #277 and #259 respectively. 
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/

"Control" walking in like a boss without being on the original list..

C11uVY8.gif

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Also, I need to know who had the most entries as an artist...:unsure:

Someone said Janet is in an elite group with three albums on the list..:unsure:

Hmmm I believe some of the female artists with 3 albums each were Madonna, Janet and Fiona Apple. Aretha was one of very few with 4 I believe. Beyonce and Taylor has 2. Mariah and Whitney only had ONE. Don’t ask!!! 😨😱🤦🏾‍♂️💀

On 9/23/2020 at 12:45 AM, JoeJoe said:

I hope no Beyonce album got higher 

Lemonade is 32 and self-titled 83 I think. They always rank her highly on these lists. Not saying she doesn't deserve a spot, but those albums are a bit too high when I could immediately think of half a dozen albums that should be ranked higher... in R&B alone. Not to mention pop and hip hop. I do like how they were more inclusive this time. I just feel like some of it was pandering tbh. Like Blonde and Take Care in the top 100 albums of all time? Yeah, um... okay.

And why doesn't anyone every include Brandy's albums in these lists? Her first 3 albums are R&B classics! Same with Usher. His second 3 albums are R&B classics, Confessions being the most influential R&B album of the century (it's down at #432, didn't expect him to be on here at all tbh).