Jump to content

Janet Jackson to auction off over 1,000 items including stage costumes, wedding dress and more


Bailey
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I'm very shocked that she kept her wedding dress from 1991. I kinda wish that she'd wear these outfits one last time before auctioning them off-- just so that we could do a 'then vs. now'.

I wonder why she's auctioning off her stuff? Then again seems like a lot of it isn't worth keeping, especially a wedding dress. There's a few haters trying to say she's broke but of course we know that ain't true. She's also auctioning off the Diamond Earrings Oprah gave her from the Legend's Ball😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it makes sense if you want to simplify your life, letting go of things you no longer need or serve any purpose to you can be freeing. It costs money to keep things stored away and well kept, she's clearly in a different space in her life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

She's doing this on her 55th birthday weekend. I don't think that's a coincidence.

This would be a good way to get some publicity for a new project. I think she's doing this for herself tough, to leave it all behind. 

I noticed that too, the schedule is over a three day period, and the final day is her birthday, and yes, depending on what she puts up, the publicity could be big

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to it. It could be a great time to reveal "the New Janet"/BD. But then you never know, it might just be about something personal she doesn't want to comment further on. I wish I were rich so I could purchase some of the stuff 😄

Here you can see some more pics of the items.

https://sports.yahoo.com/going-song-janet-jackson-auction-143321006.html

 

The Oprah earrings are a shade for sure. 😂 I believe in her previous marriage she had access to much more valuabe items, so I don't think it's all about money. She even had her own diamond collection! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

Looking forward to it. It could be a great time to reveal "the New Janet"/BD. But then you never know, it might just be about something personal she doesn't want to comment further on. I wish I were rich so I could purchase some of the stuff 😄

Here you can see some more pics of the items.

https://sports.yahoo.com/going-song-janet-jackson-auction-143321006.html

 

The Oprah earrings are a shade for sure. 😂 I believe in her previous marriage she had access to much more valuabe items, so I don't think it's all about money. She even had her own diamond collection! 

man talk about cleaning out your closet :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Angela said:

That dress... Janet didn’t love herself. 

gurl, let me clap for ya, cause .....I can't and won't :unsure: that dress chile :filenails: she did go with her natural hair it looks though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember the original treatment for Love will Never do Without You included Janet in a wedding dress. This probably would've been the actual dress in the video.

 

BTW some of these are WAYYYYYYYYYYY

too cheap to be sold from an artist of a caliber such as Janet Jackson IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 11:00 AM, bonsaibutterfly said:

Looking forward to it. It could be a great time to reveal "the New Janet"/BD. But then you never know, it might just be about something personal she doesn't want to comment further on. I wish I were rich so I could purchase some of the stuff 😄

Here you can see some more pics of the items.

https://sports.yahoo.com/going-song-janet-jackson-auction-143321006.html

 

The Oprah earrings are a shade for sure. 😂 I believe in her previous marriage she had access to much more valuabe items, so I don't think it's all about money. She even had her own diamond collection! 

I just went on one of the auction's videos on youtube and the guy Janet been working with this auction said that she initially was going to do it last year for her bday.

Since the album and tour was coming up, I think this is also building anticipation for her new album.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

I remember the original treatment for Love will Never do Without You included Janet in a wedding dress. This probably would've been the actual dress in the video.

 

BTW some of these are WAYYYYYYYYYYY

too cheap to be sold from an artist of a caliber such as Janet Jackson IMO.

originally they suggested Janet wear a dress for the video but they put her in jeans as we know, I remember Janet talking about it because she's a tomboy at heart, didn't want to wear a dress, but no mention of wedding dress for the video 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

gurl, let me clap for ya, cause .....I can't and won't :unsure: that dress chile :filenails: she did go with her natural hair it looks though

From the neck up she looks absolutely radiant. The bottom looks like she had fifteen minutes until the wedding and made it work with sheets and curtains. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the stuff is really cool, like her outfits for IF & other legendary/famous outfits for performances and events.

There's also a lot of random things like road cases, lamps and kitchen supplies that you could find at your local Malibu fleamarket, and which maybe should be sold there instead of at Julien's.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, Angela said:

From the neck up she looks absolutely radiant. The bottom looks like she had fifteen minutes until the wedding and made it work with sheets and curtains. 

The shoes were cute with beautiful details. It was an outfit you could wear for a walk at the beach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

There's also a lot of random things like road cases, lamps and kitchen supplies that you could find at your local Malibu fleamarket, and which maybe should be sold there instead of at Julien's.🙄

Noo!! For most fans, the actual costumes are way to expensive, but buying some furniture that was once owned by Janet is something fans are willing to pay for (it's not that expensive 💁🏻‍♂️, unless many fans will bid on those things).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...