The plug gets pulled on Ciara’s new single ‘Turn It Up’…

DJ Y2K Malone™

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda saw this coming the minute HDD predicted her first week sales. She really needs to get it together. One more flop and she's out the game.

And Interscope isn't the best label for her considering Gaga's there.

She's not going to Interscope...they just put that label into the story because they have successful single artists right now. She and Jay Z were talking all last year about signing her to his label. She's suppose to record another album this summer, but I think we'll get news about her getting dropped by next month.

Seems like she's already been dropped:

http://missjia.com/matrix-prohibited-ciara-dropped-jive.html

After dismal sales for her fourth studio album, Basic Instinct, it is being reported that Ciara has been dropped from Jive Records.

Despite receiving strong reviews from critics the album has to date racked sales of around 40k… a far cry from her previous albums. The failure of the album was put down to poor timing, lack of promotion and poor singles. The only exception was the lead single “Ride” with Ludacris, which reached top-ten on the R&B charts.

Recently, Ciara told fans that the album’s highlight, “Turn It Up” (a high-paced/fast energy duet with Usher) would be the next single. According to All Access (http://www.webcitation.org/5viBsoxuB) the single was due for radio adds on March 8, 2011. It has since been removed (http://www.webcitation.org/5wKaCEtJv). Reports are now beginning to surface that Jive finally pulled the plug on Ciara. Insiders say the singer is a drain on label resources because she does not know her artistry and is unable to pin down a unique sound. One insider said that “the label would rather invest in someone like Chris Brown who is proving successful on multiple formats.”

Comments by Ciara to Gerrick Kennedy of the Los Angeles Times, were said to have angered label executives, especially when the singer said she wasn’t bothered about album sales but saw the future and money in touring.

Ciara and Jive executives are said to have reached mutual terms to end their partnership, effective immediately. The singer was seen at the offices of Universal Music recently, and is believed to now be negotiating a new record deal with Interscope Records which would hopefully catapult the singer back into the lime light.

——————————————

Although the Ciara stans will probably try to drag me for saying so, I will say that her comments about music and touring threw me off a little (and I don’t work for Jive). Her attitude about the project seemed to be lacking but whatever works. Maybe her attitude seemed lacking because she wanted out of her contract. Who knows? Either or, good luck, Ci-Ci.

----------

I still say it would have been a better move for her to sign with Jay Z instead.

LOL of course no one sees the bigger picture in ciara having a hard time. I want to see Janet's style passed down to the next generation... Aaliyah was closet to her until she passed then came ciara... Janet won't be "janet" forever and while no one would replace her it would have been nice to see Ciara next in line...

The style of someone like James Brown... inspired Michael... then usher , chris brown & neyo ... we don't have that type of of thing with Janet... and thats sad...

Tina & Diana have beyonce

Its not about replacing anyone its just seeing how they can evolve the original vision of who they were inspired by...

#insecurestanmoments

She's not going to Interscope...they just put that label into the story because they have successful single artists right now. She and Jay Z were talking all last year about signing her to his label. She's suppose to record another album this summer, but I think we'll get news about her getting dropped by next month.

I do vaguely remember something along those lines of her signing to Roc Nation some time ago. Ciara needs to go to a label where she'll actually get attention. Seems like she was put on the backburner at Jive.

I do vaguely remember something along those lines of her signing to Roc Nation some time ago. Ciara needs to go to a label where she'll actually get attention. Seems like she was put on the backburner at Jive.

And if she goes to Interscope, she's gonna be put back on the backburner to Gaga...plus I have a feeling Interscope is about to hit panic mode and try to push the BEP even more because of their recent flop. Roc Nation is the best thing for her, but Ms. Willow might force Ciara to the back :whistle:

And if she goes to Interscope, she's gonna be put back on the backburner to Gaga...plus I have a feeling Interscope is about to hit panic mode and try to push the BEP even more because of their recent flop. Roc Nation is the best thing for her, but Ms. Willow might force Ciara to the back :whistle:

The girls better hope Willow doesn't learn how to really dance. ohboy.gif She already shat on Keri, Ashanti, and Ciara's last efforts with "Whip My Hair". ohboy.gif

The girls better hope Willow doesn't learn how to really dance. ohboy.gif She already shat on Keri, Ashanti, and Ciara's last efforts with "Whip My Hair". ohboy.gif

Her dancing for the new video that's about to be released had me rolling :lmao: She has to get a good choreograph since she's not afraid to dance when releasing a dance track -_- She kept people from bothering with Ciara's "Gimmie Dat" single and video and made Floperi resort to pussy popping to get attention -_- Ashanti tried to do a performance on BET but... :sigh:

Her dancing for the new video that's about to be released had me rolling :lmao: She has to get a good choreograph since she's not afraid to dance when releasing a dance track -_- She kept people from bothering with Ciara's "Gimmie Dat" single and video and made Floperi resort to pussy popping to get attention -_- Ashanti tried to do a performance on BET but... :sigh:

There is hope for Ashanti though. She just needs to avoid Beyonce at all costs. Ciara, she just needs to get it together. New producers, new team, new everything. I remember she announced that she was already working on her next album. Then the idiot gonna say she's working with the same ppl? :mellow: You dumb fuck, why are you working with the same ppl who aren't brining you hits? :mellow:

There is hope for Ashanti though. She just needs to avoid Beyonce at all costs. Ciara, she just needs to get it together. New producers, new team, new everything. I remember she announced that she was already working on her next album. Then the idiot gonna say she's working with the same ppl? :mellow: You dumb fuck, why are you working with the same ppl who aren't brining you hits? :mellow:

Honestly I like Ashanti's last album...people just didn't care for her and it -_- You can say that again...she's truly slow in the head for that. Now I see if she went back to Jazze and ended the lil "beef" she has with him, but why would she go back to the ones that produced your lowest selling album :umm: Hopefully her new team says no to her working with them (that is if she has a new team).

Honestly I like Ashanti's last album...people just didn't care for her and it -_- You can say that again...she's truly slow in the head for that. Now I see if she went back to Jazze and ended the lil "beef" she has with him, but why would she go back to the ones that produced your lowest selling album :umm: Hopefully her new team says no to her working with them (that is if she has a new team).

Ciara is pretty much on her way out the door. I had high hopes for Ciara, but when her first week sales came in and she didn't even attempt to promote it in the following weeks, I lost all respect for her. Then goes back to the same producers that aren't brining her hits. :sigh: It's like she just let herself flop rather than hustle and TRY to promote like Beyonce did with B'day, Janet with 20YO, and Mariah with Memoirs. And she wonders why she gets dragged on Twitter. -_-

Ciara is pretty much on her way out the door. I had high hopes for Ciara, but when her first week sales came in and she didn't even attempt to promote it in the following weeks, I lost all respect for her. Then goes back to the same producers that aren't brining her hits. :sigh: It's like she just let herself flop rather than hustle and TRY to promote like Beyonce did with B'day, Janet with 20YO, and Mariah with Memoirs. And she wonders why she gets dragged on Twitter. -_-

That's what I didn't get about Ciara..."Ride" was out early April last year and she didn't even hit TV to promote it until the week of it's release and then she performed only 3 TV shows and did a quick interview on a couple and stopped :mellow: Hell even when she was at the BET awards she didn't even mention that she was gonna release an album when she was introducing someone (which was truly a mistake on her part for even showing up to the awards after how BET do her).

That's what I didn't get about Ciara..."Ride" was out early April last year and she didn't even hit TV to promote it until the week of it's release and then she performed only 3 TV shows and did a quick interview on a couple and stopped :mellow: Hell even when she was at the BET awards she didn't even mention that she was gonna release an album when she was introducing someone (which was truly a mistake on her part for even showing up to the awards after how BET do her).

And WTF would she wait until December to release the album when "Ride" peaked in like August? :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Austin and Henrietta you will not clock Ciara's tea and scalp her dickless. She should have just waited until 2011 imo ANYWAY. And yea... Austin I see Ashanti having another cute gold album... but who knows where shes at? Last I heard after Beyonce dragged her she returned to the forest to perch herself on top of a cliff and howl at the moon... or w/e it is women with facial hair do.

Archived