MALFUNCTION: THE DRESSING DOWN OF JANET JACKSON - Reviews

Mr Mora

The reviews are coming in on the eve of the premiere of NYT Presents, MALFUNCTION: THE DRESSING DOWN OF JANET JACKSON airing on FX/Hulu tomorrow at 10PM!

"The documentary ultimately arrives in a place of uncertainty as to what was really meant to happen at the end of Jackson and Timberlake’s duet." -Variety [https://variety.com/2021/tv/reviews/malfunction-janet-jackson-new-york-times-1235112437/] 

"A lengthy examination of MTV’s power in the early-2000s, and their association with Viacom-CBS would see this desire to make sure the Super Bowl wasn't family friendly.” -IndieWire [https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/malfunction-review-nyt-documentary-janet-jackson-scandal-1234679609/]

"It's our fault and his fault," - The Daily Beast [https://www.thedailybeast.com/janet-jackson-nipplegate-doc-malfunction-torches-justin-timberlakes-shitty-behavior?ref=home]

*Poster by Joseph Mora

FB_IMG_1637178273342.jpg

WOW!!! I’m too emotional right now! That DOC was EVERYTHING!!! No worries needed!!! So positive, encouraging and respectful of Janet and even showing how she has been given praise as a legend as of late but still doesn’t make it right what was done to her. Justin…..it’s over for you!!!! But I mean…🤪👍👍👍

this is good publicity for Janet. So many ppl never realized the extent of what it did to her career until now. It has sparked new outrage and people are bringing up clips like this. When I tell you ppl are dragging this guy for the disrespectful interview he gave Janet 17yrs ago I ain't lying. They all on his ass from his twitter to his IG page. I bet he forgot about the whole thing until now

Today makes the 4th day in a row that Janet has been trending. Now i'm seeing fans saying she's sold 200 million records. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with that number. Until a credible source says so then she's gonna stay at 160 million although she never updates her shit lol

Mind blowing

1) the nudity was never planned 

2) the network failed and set Janet up. They lied on the Doc, about JT having to rush in cops cars from the airport mins before the superbowl! If anyone recalled a rehearsal tape and photos were released the day before. 

3) Justine used his white privilege..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GTIG said:

Mind blowing

1) the nudity was never planned 

2) the network failed and set Janet up. They lied on the Doc, about JT having to rush in cops cars from the airport mins before the superbowl! If anyone recalled a rehearsal tape and photos were released the day before. 

3) Justine used his white privilege..

Wow. So interesting to hear the stylist talk. I believe him. What I do wonder is why they didn't design a costume that would not show any skin. Quite a risk to take to trust some random camera/lights guy to stop the show at the right time.

Anywaysss... I can't wait to hear what Janet has to say about it all if she's really gonna speak about it in in her doc in January!