The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

sorry I like Rihanna but this song is just ok to me. Y'all had me hyped for no reason lol. It sounds like she's trying to have some sort of accent other than her original one in some parts. No this will not snatch WFL wig or get close to it.

The way people are "complaining" about her accent is the Sia affect. Sia influences the artists she works with.

And WFL stands on it's own as a dance classic. This song is on the other end of the spectrum. -_-

The way people are "complaining" about her accent is the Sia affect. Sia influences the artists she works with.

And WFL stands on it's own as a dance classic. This song is on the other end of the spectrum. -_-

So i'm not the only one complaining about the fake accent then right? Who the hell is Sia? Is that the one who's supposed to work with Legendtina?

YES! some people dont get it

nothing to do with "getting it" cause there's nothing to get lol. I don't care for the song at the moment

So i'm not the only one complaining about the fake accent then right? Who the hell is Sia? Is that the one who's supposed to work with Legendtina?

:blink:

She's the reason why "You Lost Me" slays. :blink: Where have you been for two years Joe. :blink:

Sia and Christina made some of the best ballads ever on Bionic. :blink:

nothing to do with "getting it" cause there's nothing to get lol. I don't care for the song at the moment

ughhh its not a fake accent stop being simple, john legend does the same thing in his music he's just enunciating the words differently for the feel of the song, and being that sia wrote it and probably sang the demo rihanna used it as a reference

It’s fall, which means two things in accordance with the laws of nature: The air’s getting cooler, and a new Rihanna era is beginning.

And just has she’s done for years now–with 2009′s “Russian Roulette,” with 2010′s “Only Girl (In The World),” and with 2011′s “We Found Love,” the Bajan beauty’s come guns blazing with a brand new beat for her Navy: “Diamonds,” penned by Sia and produced by Benny Blanco & Stargate.

From the very first moment, “Diamonds” presents itself as something entirely different from anything on the radio: It’s not the killer club cut many might have been expecting from the “We Found Love” songstress–instead, it’s a gorgeously soulful, triumphantly striding midtempo.

“Find light in the beautiful sea, I choose to be happy,” Rihanna confidently declares, showcasing her vocals in a way that she really hasn’t explored since…”California King Bed,” maybe? She sounds incredible. Her wailing toward the end of the song, especially, is a real triumph–no doubt thanks to the guidance of Sia.

Speaking of, that springy, silly Sia-inspired enunciation which Rihanna imitates throughout just cracks me up in the best of ways (“Shayn brayght like a diamond!”) This is very obviously a Sia-penned gem, and that shines through (like a diamond.)

Even the beat itself doesn’t feel like a “typical” Stargate or Benny Blanco production (just listen to Ke$ha‘s own Benny Blanco-produced comeback track from two days ago.) Instead, it’s a gorgeous dose of swagger (hearing Kanye West‘s “Flashing Lights”) meets soul (hearing subtle shades of Jessie Ware, Sade and Blood Orange, of Sky Ferreira‘s “Everything is Embarrassing”) that feels endlessly repeatable.

This is Rihanna leading the charge in pop, rather than simply following the trends: There’s no dubstep, no post-chorus beat breakdowns, no “radio-friendly EDM” whatsoever–she’s been there, done that.

“Diamonds” is a risk–and an absolutely brilliant one, at that.

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/09/rihanna-shines-bright-on-diamonds-single-review.html/

It’s fall, which means two things in accordance with the laws of nature: The air’s getting cooler, and a new Rihanna era is beginning.

And just has she’s done for years now–with 2009′s “Russian Roulette,” with 2010′s “Only Girl (In The World),” and with 2011′s “We Found Love,” the Bajan beauty’s come guns blazing with a brand new beat for her Navy: “Diamonds,” penned by Sia and produced by Benny Blanco & Stargate.

From the very first moment, “Diamonds” presents itself as something entirely different from anything on the radio: It’s not the killer club cut many might have been expecting from the “We Found Love” songstress–instead, it’s a gorgeously soulful, triumphantly striding midtempo.

“Find light in the beautiful sea, I choose to be happy,” Rihanna confidently declares, showcasing her vocals in a way that she really hasn’t explored since…”California King Bed,” maybe? She sounds incredible. Her wailing toward the end of the song, especially, is a real triumph–no doubt thanks to the guidance of Sia.

Speaking of, that springy, silly Sia-inspired enunciation which Rihanna imitates throughout just cracks me up in the best of ways (“Shayn brayght like a diamond!”) This is very obviously a Sia-penned gem, and that shines through (like a diamond.)

Even the beat itself doesn’t feel like a “typical” Stargate or Benny Blanco production (just listen to Ke$ha‘s own Benny Blanco-produced comeback track from two days ago.) Instead, it’s a gorgeous dose of swagger (hearing Kanye West‘s “Flashing Lights”) meets soul (hearing subtle shades of Jessie Ware, Sade and Blood Orange, of Sky Ferreira‘s “Everything is Embarrassing”) that feels endlessly repeatable.

This is Rihanna leading the charge in pop, rather than simply following the trends: There’s no dubstep, no post-chorus beat breakdowns, no “radio-friendly EDM” whatsoever–she’s been there, done that.

9*“Diamonds” is a risk–and an absolutely brilliant one, at that.

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/09/rihanna-shines-bright-on-diamonds-single-review.html/

YESSSS!!!!!