The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

Props to the Rihanna machine - she's done really well, but it would be more remarkable if she was actually writing and producing her own music like madonna/mariah/janice.....right now she's still kind of like an industry puppet. Performance wise she has improved a lot - still nowhere near britney (was) or pink or beyonce. Really she's just lucky that she's been given great songs time after time.

• Upvote 1

You don't get this far on luck alone. And if she is just a puppet, why aren't there more of her? If the big wigs engineering her career have been so successful why not have multiple superstars on Rihanna's level and reap the benefits of it?

The truth is that there's no one doing it like Rihanna, the key ingredient is her, not the producers or her songwriters or her choreographers. They all align under great management and her own creative direction.

• Upvote 3

Props to the Rihanna machine - she's done really well, but it would be more remarkable if she was actually writing and producing her own music like madonna/mariah/janice.....right now she's still kind of like an industry puppet. Performance wise she has improved a lot - still nowhere near britney (was) or pink or beyonce. Really she's just lucky that she's been given great songs time after time.

not true i would say she was an industry puppet on her first three albums, its safe to say now she has her own identity, and everyone doesnt write their own songs but u cant tell me that u can hear other people singing her songs bc i know i cant and she has def found her spot ad maybe when she gets comfortable with writing she will as free spirited as rihanna is the last thing u can call her at this time in her career is an industry puppet just bc u dont write ur own songs doesnt make u a puppet, just means u dont write ur own songs

You don't get this far on luck alone. And if she is just a puppet, why aren't there more of her? If the big wigs engineering her career have been so successful why not have multiple superstars on Rihanna's level and reap the benefits of it?

The truth is that there's no one doing it like Rihanna, the key ingredient is her, not the producers or her songwriters or her choreographers. They all align under great management and her own creative direction.

theyre trying that with rita ora and i wish they would stop

I didn't say Rihanna got this far on luck alone. She is a package - she can sing, she's fairly pretty, she is bajan which gives her a slight edge in today's market - from a marketing standpoint she is interesting. However the other key ingredient is the songs which are all given to her. She doesn't write or produce, which for ME is something I look at before I heap praise on someone for breaking records etc. I'm not taking anything away from her - just saying it as it is.

If all Rihanna's songs were given to say Kelly Roland would they have done as well? Probably not. But when Rihanna can go into a studio and write and produce her own hits like the other girls it will mean more.

• Upvote 1

Cause I'm goin' numb...I'm goin' numb...I'm goin' numb...I'm goin' numb...I'm goin' numb...I'm goin' numb...

33b0ftd.gif

That is fast becoming my favorite track, stuck in my head everyday!

Her performance on XFactor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When the rain starts to fall on her, that sh*t nearly made me cry! I love the drums, her vocals, her dress, the lights, the rain...RIHALLAH HU AKBAR!

......................Even TRENT is praising the Xfactor performance. 1 of the 1st Rihanna reviews he did where I didn't roll my eyes lol.

http://thelavalizard.com/2012/11/rihanna-dazzles-with-powerful-x-factor-uk-performance/

I never thought this day would come. He is one of her biggest critics.

Rihanna's vocals do suffer from her lack of training and her breathing support. Inhaling and exhaling through the nostrils is the proper way.

I'm happy she's doing her and maturing in the process. Looking hopeful for a long career. :wub:

7 albums in 7 years with the amount of success she has had is quite impressive. I do agree she still has a long way to do...it feels like she's been building the foundation of slaying and now she's going to absolutely kill it.

Says who? She's not the only mainstream artist who doesn't produce and write on everything they do, she already has credits on some albums. And please stop comparing her...each artist is in their own lane and brings something different to the table.

Why should she have to be on Beyonce or Britney's level? She's Rihanna and always will be Rihanna, she's got her own lane. And she's always respectfully stayed in her place.

Not everyone is capable of singing, songwriting, playing instruments, and producing their own material and THEN resulting in success. They have a forumla and for BUSINESS...they are sticking to it.

YES-GURL.COM

i would rather she not write songs and select songs that sound believeable and are great then to write songs just for the sake of writing them and have them sound like shit and be wack and like i said everyone isnt comfortable writing u cant fault her for that, whitney didnt write a song ever but that doesnt take away from her greatness as a vocalist and performer or her stats when people listen to music and really listen to it the last thing they care about is who wrote it

• Upvote 1

And rocco - you can't have multiple stars of the same kind all out at once. That's why Paula and jody fell by the wayside when the tried to make new Janet's.

Or it could be that Paula and this... Jody... Were no Janet. Which is exactly my point. Maybe they tried to follow the Janet formula but it only worked because Janet was a part of it. But we don't disagree on this, you just think it would be better

If Rhi did everything.

That's why we have gaga ^_^

• Upvote 1

Not every artist has the same skills or amount of talent. What works for some doesn't work for others. Record companies try to balance artistic creativity and marketability, but at the end of the day, if it's going to be a hit and bring in revenue, they aren't concerned about the art first.

Or it could be that Paula and this... Jody... Were no Janet. Which is exactly my point. Maybe they tried to follow the Janet formula but it only worked because Janet was a part of it. But we don't disagree on this, you just think it would be better

If Rhi did everything.

I'm just talking about what I rate. And while I prefer rihannas songs, I respect gaga as a credible artist over Rihanna. Gaga reaching number 1 means more to me than Rihanna because gaga crafted that number 1. It's just my opinion :)

• Upvote 1

If Rhi did everything.

i hope this artpop album is good BTW was a huge let down for me after the fame/fame monster

Pour It Up is so ratchet that I just fucking love it.

Phresh :tear:! My fave tbh.

I don't know who this Future is or why he sounds like he has a constant cold but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Loveeeeeeeeeee Song. It's bet - Aaliyah-ish tbh.

Right Now already charted on the UK Top 40 and it's not even a single :cry:! I hate that song though -_-

Pour It Up is so ratchet that I just fucking love it.

Phresh :tear:! My fave tbh.

I don't know who this Future is or why he sounds like he has a constant cold but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Loveeeeeeeeeee Song. It's bet - Aaliyah-ish tbh.

Right Now already charted on the UK Top 40 and it's not even a single :cry:! I hate that song though -_-

I love it..It's short and pure pop. And it's so fucking catchy. It should be a hit for her.

I'm glad she's branching out and pulling people in her corner who kinda liked her and getting a little more respect.

And it looks like she'll be number 1 on the albums chart.

I love it..It's short and pure pop. And it's so fucking catchy. It should be a hit for her.

I'm glad she's branching out and pulling people in her corner who kinda liked her and getting a little more respect.

And it looks like she'll be number 1 on the albums chart.

I just don't like Guetta's stale sound anymore :(. Having said that I'm SO surprised he produced Phresh :lol:.