The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

Even stans of her refer to Ri as being a singles artist. Then now discovering even her label thought so.

Now I don't follow Rihanna so I can speak on WW album sales but I do remember when Rihanna was at her biggest with Umbrella.. I remember she struggled to hit the 2mill mark here in the US. I remember everyone being surprised that her units weren't selling more massively with a smash like Umbrella. I think ppl feel as tho her album sales underperformed what you would expect from her huge chart topping singles. Her singles have sold more than her albums,right?

Yea but I'm sure Beyonce sold more singles too.. Can we get a Beyonce freak to confirm????

But with a massive song like Umbrella..don't u find it strange that she would struggle to get to 2 mill w/ Good Girl Gone Bad

She's not a huge album seller.. though she has consistent numbers... She's hit platinum on every album in the US except her first album

Maybe it's her bad-girl image compared to that of Beyonce

But with a massive song like Umbrella..don't u find it strange that she would struggle to get to 2 mill w/ Good Girl Gone Bad

Sometimes a song is bigger than the actually album and you can't control.. Plus you have to look at her buying audience..

I'm not sure how she can change that in the US.. Overseas she doesn't have a problem..

Sometimes a song is bigger than the actually album and you can't control.. Plus you have to look at her buying audience..

I'm not sure how she can change that in the US.. Overseas she doesn't have a problem..

Her demographic are the consumers who actually BUYS albums tho ...so its really no excuse as to why ppl just aren't into purchasing a WHOLE Rihanna album,here in the states. THey just arent interested. WE just use her for her singles,here. I can understand her appeal overseas verses here tho ..that makes sense to me.

Her demographic are the consumers who actually BUYS albums tho ...so its really no excuse as to why ppl just aren't into purchasing a WHOLE Rihanna album,here in the states. THey just arent interested. WE just use her for her singles,here. I can understand her appeal overseas verses here tho ..that makes sense to me.

I'm not sure about that.. Does she have the same demographic as Beyonce?

I'm not sure about that.. Does she have the same demographic as Beyonce?

Who do you think listen to her? 3 yr olds :blink::lmao: Shawn ..her demo are TEENS ...teens are the leading consumers of purchasing music. Who do you think are buying the tons of digital downloads that Rihanna sells? 40 yr olds are not doing digital downloads. THats a "youth" thing. Why do you think older artists dont sell...cuz they dont appeal to the youth. THis isnt 1995 anymore

Who do you think listen to her? 3 yr olds :blink::lmao: Shawn ..her demo are TEENS ...teens are the leading consumers of purchasing music. Who do you think are buying the tons of digital downloads that Rihanna sells? 40 yr olds are not doing digital downloads. THats a "youth" thing. Why do you think older artists dont sell...cuz they dont appeal to the youth. THis isnt 1995 anymore

I'm talking about the ratchet fans that download instead of buying the albums..

What age do you think is listening to Rihanna? She's 25 ...so that would mean the ppl buying her album are between the ages of _______________. (You fill in the blank)

12-30 year olds...

Whereas Beyonce has a wider fan base.. very young to prolly 40.. Since they remember her duing the DC eras

Just a guess