The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

No hun, I specifically remember you calling Brandy and Whitney industry puppets because they didn't write their own music. You also said you couldn't relate to them for that same reason. :coffee:

You forgot Britney ;)

I fell in love with Rihallah post-industry puppet-phase plus Rihanna has something those puppets you named don't; style

Nice try though Dioni.. Nice try ^_^

What does style have to do with music? :coffee::unsure:

And what phase?

The hypocrisy :coffee:

It's apart of the package.. With Whitney you get drug addiction and powerhouse vocals, with Britney you get, well the same thing with fun pop songs.. with Brandy you get nothing.. but with Rihanna you get the style and music and I enjoy the fact that she smokes weed (and any artist that smokes)... I think Rihanna has more creative control over what goes on her record than Whitney/Britney/Brandy ever has. I'm a fan of Janet's because of her vocals, music, and her impeccable style throughout her 30 year career

As far as the phase thing... Rihanna started writing some lyrics during the Loud & Unapologetic eras... I fell in love during Unapologetic, where she wrote a lot more than her previous albums... I'm not sure why you're picking on me about why I love Rihallah

• Upvote 1

It's apart of the package.. With Whitney you get drug addiction and powerhouse vocals, with Britney you get, well the same thing with fun pop songs.. with Brandy you get nothing.. but with Rihanna you get the style and music and I enjoy the fact that she smokes weed (and any artist that smokes)... I think Rihanna has more creative control over what goes on her record than Whitney/Britney/Brandy ever has. I'm a fan of Janet's because of her vocals, music, and her impeccable style throughout her 30 year career

As far as the phase thing... Rihanna started writing some lyrics during the Loud & Unapologetic eras... I fell in love during Unapologetic, where she wrote a lot more than her previous albums... I'm not sure why you're picking on me about why I love Rihallah

This doesn't make any sense hun.

Drug addiction, smoking and style have nothing to do with songwriting. :mellow: Let's stay on topic and stop deflecting.

She doesn't WRITE all her songs. Her biggest hits were written by other people. That's all I'm speaking on. You stated you didn't connect with "Discipline" because Janet didn't write on it. By that same standard you shouldn't be connecting to most of Rih's material.

And Brandy and Britney have all co-written material the same way Rih has luv. How are you putting down Brandy to praise Rihanna? :wacko: Brandy gives you amazing vocals and arrangements. Rihanna does not. You're holding certain artist to a standard simply because you don't like them but give others a pass.

Brandy has co-written plenty of songs and so has Britney. By your definition of what creative control is, it seems like they all have the same amount.

You're directly contradicting yourself and I just thought it was interesting. Not picking on you. :coffee:

This doesn't make any sense hun.

Drug addiction, smoking and style have nothing to do with songwriting. :mellow: Let's stay on topic and stop deflecting.

She doesn't WRITE all her songs. Her biggest hits were written by other people. That's all I'm speaking on. You stated you didn't connect with "Discipline" because Janet didn't write on it. By that same standard you shouldn't be connecting to most of Rih's material.

And Brandy and Britney have all co-written material the same way Rih has luv. How are you putting down Brandy to praise Rihanna? :wacko: Brandy gives you amazing vocals and arrangements. Rihanna does not. You're holding certain artist to a standard simply because you don't like them but give others a pass.

Brandy has co-written plenty of songs and so has Britney. By your definition of what creative control is, it seems like they all have the same amount.

You're directly contradicting yourself and I just thought it was interesting. Not picking on you. :coffee:

I'm giving you reasons why I love Rihallah compared to the puppets you named... Her being a songwriter or not has nothing to do with why I love her... I'm not gonna turn my head to great contemporary pop/R&B music because a future icon didn't pick up a pen.. That's stupid

I still love Discipline.. but it's not my favorite (or anyones) record of her career and is my least favorite of the past 3 albums because of that reason you named but that doesn't mean I'm not going to listen and love it.. It's Janet's Red-headed stepchild.. I will love it but I spoil the other children more

Brandy is a 90s has-been with a reality TV show :umm: She has a great voice.. but the music is shit... Like Mariah's latest, for the lack of better words, effort :) 

I'm giving you reasons why I love Rihallah compared to the puppets you named... Her being a songwriter or not has nothing to do with why I love her... I'm not gonna turn my head to great contemporary pop/R&B music because a future icon didn't pick up a pen.. That's stupid

I still love Discipline.. but it's not my favorite (or anyones) record of her career and is my least favorite of the past 3 albums because of that reason you named but that doesn't mean I'm not going to listen and love it.. It's Janet's Red-headed stepchild.. I will love it but I spoil the other children more

Brandy is a 90s has-been with a reality TV show :umm: She has a great voice.. but the music is shit... Like Mariah's latest, for the lack of better words, effort :)

:sigh:

Ok.

• Upvote 1

You like 20 Y.O. better than Discipline? :umm: cause "Feedback", "Luv",  "Rock With U", Can't B Good", "What's Ur Name", "Curtains", "So Much Betta" and even "Let Me Know" are all good

And?

naomiobserves_zps6b8bf176.gif

You've always hated on RWU and I just don't understand why? Those "oooh oooh oooh hoooo" hooks and infectious beats from the bass is what got me hooked and a few friends who aren't even Janet fans. How many songs do you like on 20  Y.O. I'm guessing 3 :)

You've always hated on RWU and I just don't understand why? Those "oooh oooh oooh hoooo" hooks and infectious beats from the bass is what got me hooked and a few friends who aren't even Janet fans. How many songs do you like on 20  Y.O. I'm guessing 3 :)

I don't hate it.. I just don't think it it should have been a single... The video is good despite the song produced by Jermaine Dupri :umm: Yes.. You know people who like the song.. but not enough for it to go gold during the digital era

Five. Days Go By, Rollwithcu, Take Care, Enjoy, & With U > Discipline