Jennifer Lopez releases new album same day as Britney Spears…

DJ Y2K Malone™

Rap-Up has confirmed that Jennifer Lopez will release her new album ‘Love?’ on March 29th, the same day as pop heavyweight Britney Spears. The LP serves as her first since parting ways with Epic Records and signing with Island Def Jam.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/02/12/jennifer-lopez-locks-down-love-album-release-date

There’s no doubt Jenny from the block will be milking the hell out of her American Idol popularity to ensure that her album meets decent first week sales. She’ll also more than likely use the Idol platform to promote the hell out of it (hell, who wouldn’t?). As to whether it will be enough to strongly compete with Ms Spears (and her extremely loyal fanbase) without being left behind in the dust is yet to be seen. A risky decision to say the least, but very interesting at the same time. :excited:

But even Jlo should have stepped in and said "Uh,wait a minute guys..now Im not too sure about this :unsure:"

She can't go against her label , she knows that nobody is breaking a sweat to sign her . she has no choice but do what they say and pretend that it's ok

If can't go against her label , she knows that nobody is breaking a sweat to sign her . she has no choice but do what they say and pretend that it's ok

Knowing how Jlo is very VOCAL and opinionated. It would really be hard for me to believe she didn't at least say something esp if she's aware of Brit releasing the same time but I guess maybe they have buttered her up making her think they will handle things so it will be a safe take off.

Knowing how Jlo is very VOCAL and opinionated. It would really be hard for me to believe she didn't at least say something esp if she's aware of Brit releasing the same time but I guess maybe they have buttered her up making her think they will handle things so it will be a safe take off.

Def Jam is not the type of label where you are allowed to have a big voice. You either play their game or you are out. LA had no problem with throwing Janet under the bus when he felt that she was not going to just stay there and roll over like a puppy.

Hennifer knows that she needs to play the game or she'll hit the road. She obviously wasn't pleased with this decision but she probably feels like in the long run she'll have more control if she let's them do what they want with this album.

and you guys act like Britney albums stay #1 for months yea it may go #1 the first week but after that it's dead and this time she has no scandals or tour out so it should be real interesting

J.Lo can barely sell 1 album let alone compete against Britney.

and you guys act like Britney albums stay #1 for months yea it may go #1 the first week but after that it's dead and this time she has no scandals or tour out so it should be real interesting

Who said anything about all that?

J LO would only need to worry if its an album like blackout... that was a really hot album.

And yet Blackout was her only album not to hit #1.

Who said anything about all that?

And yet Blackout was her only album not to hit #1.

to be honest... I don't really care about number ones... with people. If I like the song or album by someone I bang with it.

We not record execs or own any stocks in the record label of J LO or Britney... nor do we really gain anything personally from them...flopping. Not coming at u just how I feel.

Blackout was a solid album... What we should demand from artists is not number ones but quality music.

to be honest... I don't really care about number ones... with people. If I like the song or album by someone I bang with it.

We not record execs or own any stocks in the record label of J LO or Britney... nor do we really gain anything personally from them...flopping. Not coming at u just how I feel.

Blackout was a solid album... What we should demand from artists is not number ones but quality music.

I agree, it's just that the thread was about the two of them having the same release date, and the chart competition that that would entail.

As far as quality goes though, I'd give Britney the upper hand on that one too, based on the first singles from each of them. I'm just not feeling anything from J.Lo right now.

I agree, it's just that the thread was about the two of them having the same release date, and the chart competition that that would entail.

As far as quality goes though, I'd give Britney the upper hand on that one too, based on the first singles from each of them. I'm just not feeling anything from J.Lo right now.

true true :shifty:

Ur right about brit and her music... I just didn't enjoy circus at all it was a step backward for her... J LO doesn't know her base at all... shes pretty much all over the place... in a bad way... Most of her new shit seems forced and corny. I hope she really digs down deep and find her sound.... If she takes the easy way out and use some type of techno ke$sha beat I'm done with her.

Rap-Up has confirmed that Jennifer Lopez will release her new album ‘Love?’ on March 29th, the same day as pop heavyweight Britney Spears. The LP serves as her first since parting ways with Epic Records and signing with Island Def Jam.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/02/12/jennifer-lopez-locks-down-love-album-release-date

There’s no doubt Jenny from the block will be milking the hell out of her American Idol popularity to ensure that her album meets decent first week sales. She’ll also more than likely use the Idol platform to promote the hell out of it (hell, who wouldn’t?). As to whether it will be enough to strongly compete with Ms Spears (and her extremely loyal fanbase) without being left behind in the dust is yet to be seen. A risky decision to say the least, but very interesting at the same time. :excited:

CAREER SUICIDE 4 JLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tear:

see what happens when u fuckz w/LA REID-DEF JAM :shifty:

Archived