Jennifer Lopez releases new album same day as Britney Spears…

DJ Y2K Malone™

I dont see how its a big deal...honestly. Even though their probably banking on her new-found American idol fame... OF COURSE we know Britney will sell more, but I can almost guarantee shes gonna sell w/e shes gonna sell regardless of what day she releases.

Lets be real here. If you're tryna reestablish your career in music (because you aren't as popular or relevant as you once were ) THE LAST thing you wanna do is be released on the same day as one of the HEAD BITCHES in the game. Im sorry,if I was not popular no more I wouldn't wanna be released the same day as Justin because that takes away ANY small spotlight that I would have maybe received had it not been for him dropping. The odds are BETTER when there's no big names around your release date is ALL we're saying.And she needs EVERY odd on her side thats why this is risky.

Lets be real here. If you're tryna reestablish your career in music (because you aren't as popular or relevant as you once were ) THE LAST thing you wanna do is be released on the same day as one of the HEAD BITCHES in the game. Im sorry,if I was not popular no more I wouldn't wanna be released the same day as Justin because that takes away ANY small spotlight that I would have maybe received had it not been for him dropping. The odds are BETTER when there's no big names around your release date is ALL we're saying.And she needs EVERY odd on her side thats why this is risky.

I guess I could see that but are you implying do it another week or another month all together?

I guess I could see that but are you implying do it another week or another month all together?

Really to be honest. If I worked for Def Jam and was making the decisions on when Jlo drops. I would have done my research to see when the big names like Gaga and Brit dropped and would have planned around that info. And thats another thing..its not helping that Gaga is on the way too. So Jlo should not even be released in this quarter,if we're tryna save her career. You dont throw muthafukaz out in a tornado and expect them to survive.

Really to be honest. If I worked for Def Jam and was making the decisions on when Jlo drops. I would have done my research to see when the big names like Gaga and Brit dropped and would have planned around that info. And thats another thing..its not helping that Gaga is on the way too. So Jlo should not even be released in this quarter,if we're tryna save her career. You dont throw muthafukaz out in a tornado and expect them to survive.

Exactly. Considering her last album didn't even crack the Top 10, it should be a no-brainer that her album is released nowhere around these big names. If Cake can get a No. 1 album in 2011, surely it can't be that hard for J.Lo.

Well if thats the case the best thing for J.Lo to do would have been to release an album in 2010 because 2011 is too occupied and its pretty spread out. You've got Brit in March Gaga in May & Im just gonna assume Bey is coming somewhere in between those two because shes headlining a festival in June and shes probably gone release prior to to incorporate that as a part of her promo. Having said that when you look at those options I kinda think it would be easiest to come out around Britney's time simply because... shes on TV everyday so thats bound to helpor should) & Britney's probably the easiest of the 3 to compete with.

Exactly. Considering her last album didn't even crack the Top 10, it should be a no-brainer that her album is released nowhere around these big names. If Cake can get a No. 1 album in 2011, surely it can't be that hard for J.Lo.

Thats what I dont get about labels. Is it something we,as the public dont understand because they seem to make idiotic decisions on a daily basis. This is not the first time they tried to throw a FLOP in a tornado. I really would like clarification on alot of their decisions that seem so...well...stupid!

Well if thats the case the best thing for J.Lo to do would have been to release an album in 2010 because 2011 is too occupied and its pretty spread out. You've got Brit in March Gaga in May & Im just gonna assume Bey is coming somewhere in between those two because shes headlining a festival in June and shes probably gone release prior to to incorporate that as a part of her promo. Having said that when you look at those options I kinda think it would be easiest to come out around Britney's time simply because... shes on TV everyday so thats bound to helpor should) & Britney's probably the easiest of the 3 to compete with.

Well she didnt release last yr because she got dropped and had to go find a deal. So now we're at 2011, and you're absolutely right..Brit probably is the least threatening of the 3 BUT if you know you are throwing Jlo out their in a cage with a lion ya'll should have been having Jlo start her promo. Her single should have already been at radio (not 2 weeks from now). Set your artist up,give them what they need..get em well equipped so they can have a chance at goin head to head in the ring. But this is gonna be more like a TKO,Im afraid.

Well she didnt release last yr because she got dropped and had to go find a deal. So now we're at 2011, and you're absolutely right..Brit probably is the least threatening of the 3 BUT if you know you are throwing Jlo out their in a cage with a lion ya'll should have been having Jlo start her promo. Her single should have already been at radio (not 2 weeks from now). Set your artist up,give them what they need..get em well equipped so they can have a chance at goin head to head in the ring. But this is gonna be more like a TKO,Im afraid.

I wasn't expecting much from her honestly. I think it will/should do better than "Brave" & at least sell a little bit over 100K first week and go gold in the long run, but thats about it.

I wasn't expecting much from her honestly. I think it will/should do better than "Brave" & at least sell a little bit over 100K first week and go gold in the long run, but thats about it.

Well I dont think ANYBODY was expecting much anyway..and its obvious her label doesnt either. Im not so sure about 100k first wk tho...

Def Jam is so shady. They prolly feel that American idol is her promo.

Archived