Angie the forums messing up

Dee

Okay,

So I got the following response:

Hello,

Now, we do run backups between 2am and 5am (GMT -5).. The time each night varies. And, if someone tries to use the site while the backup is happening, then it would be quite slow if not totally unresponsive. So.. The definition of night.. If you mean middle of the night.. It's likely the backups.

But.. The backup should complete rather quickly. Probably 5 to 10 minutes for your site.

IPS Support

How long does the lag time last for you guys? It could just be the backup procedure that they're doing.

Okay,

So I got the following response:

Hello,

Now, we do run backups between 2am and 5am (GMT -5).. The time each night varies. And, if someone tries to use the site while the backup is happening, then it would be quite slow if not totally unresponsive. So.. The definition of night.. If you mean middle of the night.. It's likely the backups.

But.. The backup should complete rather quickly. Probably 5 to 10 minutes for your site.

IPS Support

How long does the lag time last for you guys? It could just be the backup procedure that they're doing.

it happens in the afternoon most of the time and it lasts for a half hour

I'm usually on in the afternoon (my time - 2am + U.S eastern time) and I don't experience the lag. I mostly experience it well past the hours they've specified in their reply. It only lasts about 10 minutes for me, though.

It's been awful for me to reply :( i get an huge amount of lag every time i try to open a thread or reply. Worse, when i actually do reply it takes sooo much time that more often then not it crashes my whole net :(

It has been this way for the past 2 days -_-

old-computer-thumb.jpg

invision needs to update their servers -_-

I already got a response.

Hello,

There was a minor glitch yesterday with our billing system.

Your invoice, #290121 which was due on 1 Mar 2011 had a slight hiccup in renewing. Your website was suspended for a brief period of time, however the situation has been rectified. I apologize for this situation.

As for the lagging, I will forward this ticket to our hosting department so that they can look into it for you and provide a response.

-

Technical Support

Invision Power Services

I will keep you updated with the lagging once I get word.

I didnt u know u had to pay for this site

Thanks for letting us run amuck on ur board

Yes, I pay a fixed amount every month. When I initially purchased the board, I paid for 5 months in advance so there was enough money there for them to automatically process it. I don't understand why it did that.

No problem. It's why I bought the forum :)

Archived