Watch: Beyonce goes Black Face for L’Officiel Paris

DJ Y2K Malone™

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there are loads of Africans the same colour as beyonce is now. No need to wear black face. She was doing too much as usual :rolleyes:

How is she doing too much? I remember a scene in Dreamgirls where she had to portray that character doing various model shoots and I somewhat remember her character doing a photo shoot in blackface as well so im assuming its not too uncommon in the modeling industry for pics like that to be taken.

How is she doing too much? I remember a scene in Dreamgirls where she had to portray that character doing various model shoots and I somewhat remember her character doing a photo shoot in blackface as well so im assuming its not too uncommon in the modeling industry for pics like that to be taken.

Ive seen beyonce in real life a few years ago just after she went solo, and I saw her twice. She was by no means light skinned at all. She was brownskinned. She was the same colour as Janet. And now all of a sudden shes practically the same colour as gwyneth paltrow. If she stayed her usual colour there would be no need for blackface :filenails:

Ive seen beyonce in real life a few years ago just after she went solo, and I saw her twice. She was by no means light skinned at all. She was brownskinned. She was the same colour as Janet. And now all of a sudden shes practically the same colour as gwyneth paltrow. If she stayed her usual colour there would be no need for blackface :filenails:

W/E color she is and if shes used skin bleaching(like some of you are implying) is irrelevant to the photoshoot & the theme of it.

When destiny child was around she used to make the other girls look darker... The light skin chick that came in with michelle said this... that they would use darker foundation to make her look darker than beyonce. Beyonce was suppose to be the lightest one out of the group its so stupid.. and then the whole I want to be a latina thing a few years after that came now this shit bitch make up your mind.

When destiny child was around she used to make the other girls look darker... The light skin chick that came in with michelle said this... that they would use darker foundation to make her look darker than beyonce. Beyonce was suppose to be the lightest one out of the group its so stupid.. and then the whole I want to be a latina thing a few years after that came now this shit bitch make up your mind.

Well obviously she has made up her mind given that that comment was years ago & this shoot took place in 2011.

So I assume you have her on speed dial & she told you her master plan to take over the world? :unsure:

The deflection method wont work on me.

Its a fact that she said she wanted to be latin.... Alot of lil black girls look up to her and she says that???? What message does that send?

Just because she wear black face once or twice doesn't mean she wants to be dark skinned... if she did she would scrape the foundation off like paul said and just be her natural skin complexion.

W/E color she is and if shes used skin bleaching(like some of you are implying) is irrelevant to the photoshoot & the theme of it.

Not really............She's using black makeup to portray an African, when really she would have no need for the makeup if she wasnt so bleached out these days. Shes looking like LaToya.

The deflection method wont work on me.

Its a fact that she said she wanted to be latin.... Alot of lil black girls look up to her and she says that???? What message does that send?

Just because she wear black face once or twice doesn't mean she wants to be dark skinned... if she did she would scrape the foundation off like paul said and just be her natural skin complexion.

I'm not deflecting anything. You said that I dont know her personally so I cant speak on it, but the same applies to someone trying to assume her intent behind the photoshoot

Not really............She's using black makeup to portray an African, when really she would have no need for the makeup if she wasnt so bleached out these days. Shes looking like LaToya.

You do realize that the blackface was on one costume. There were several others that didn't include it with her regular skin color. Also like I said before w/e her skin color is now is irrelevant to why shes using the makeup.

I'm not deflecting anything. You said that I dont know her personally so I cant speak on it, but the same applies to someone trying to assume her intent behind the photoshoot

Her actions expose her from the past until now. She doesn't want to be dark skin... She made the comments about how she wanted to be latin... she used to darken up her band mates to make herself look like the lite skin one. An african photo shoot doesn't erase all of the previous bullshit. Shes bleaching her skin now explain that away.

Her actions expose her from the past until now. She doesn't want to be dark skin... She made the comments about how she wanted to be latin... she used to darken up her band mates to make herself look like the lite skin one. An african photo shoot doesn't erase all of the previous bullshit. Shes bleaching her skin now explain that away.

That doesn't change the fact you still dont know who she is or what she is or isnt proud of.

That doesn't change the fact you still dont know who she is or what she is or isnt proud of.

Her actions speak for her shes a flip flopper and only embraces her race when it fits her needs. You can't explain her actions so this is over.

You bleach your skin that says you don't want to be dark you rather be light skin... its not that hard to understand.

I thought about the same scene when I saw this thread. I don't see the problem with it.

Because the theme of the shoot was paying homage to "African queens" :mellow:

LIKE I SAID SHE COULD OF SUPPORTED THE "AFRICAN QUEENS" AS SHE WAS. I DIDN'T FIND IT NECESSARY FOR HER TO DO THE EXTRAS.

IF THEY FELT THE NEED FOR A DARK SKINNED TONED LADY TO PAY HOMAGE TO THE "AFRICAN QUEENS" THEN WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST HIRE A DARKER SKINNED LADY FROM JUMP :mellow:

LIKE I SAID SHE COULD OF SUPPORTED THE "AFRICAN QUEENS" AS SHE WAS. I DIDN'T FIND IT NECESSARY FOR HER TO DO THE EXTRAS.

IF THEY FELT THE NEED FOR A DARK SKINNED TONED LADY TO PAY HOMAGE TO THE "AFRICAN QUEENS" THEN WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST HIRE A DARKER SKINNED LADY FROM JUMP :mellow:

Because they wanted Beyonce to do it & they obviously didn't feel the need for a darker skinned lady. Get over it. :mellow:

But Bey DID do it for the lighter skin tone ones too...it's in the video that she's not painted dark in all of the shots.

Archived