'Glee' could cover more Michael, Janet _ and ABBA

SloLove

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/03/2095545/glee-could-cover-more-michael.html#

By MESFIN FEKADU

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Scream!

The cast of "Glee" could be planning a Michael or Janet Jackson tribute - that's if "Glee" star Amber Riley can get her way.

"I think it would be prolific for us to do Janet Jackson," said Riley, who stars as divalike glee club member Mercedes Jones.

Riley also said a tribute to the King of Pop is overdue.

"We did a mini tribute to Michael Jackson, but we really want to do a full tribute to Michael Jackson because his music is so timeless, so we really want to touch (on) that," she said.

The cast's sixth CD, "Glee: The Music, Vol. 5," will be out on Tuesday. It will feature covers of Michael's "Thriller" and "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)," as well as the original songs "Loser Like Me" and "Get It Right," a first for the Grammy-nominated act.

Adam Anders, the show's executive music producer, is more interested in covering "some ABBA because I'm Swedish."

"That would be a lot of fun (and I) love the harmonies," he said.

Anders also said it "would be really cool" to remake the 1983 No. 1 song "Africa" from rock group Toto.

The cast of the Fox TV series will kick off a 16-city North American tour on May 21 through June 18; they'll tour Europe for five dates in late June. The cast currently leads with most songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with 120 entries.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/03/2095545/glee-could-cover-more-michael.html##ixzz1FYgXWCMh

IM CONSTANTLY TWEETIN AMBER TELLIN HER SHE NEEDS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN...AND DAMMIT GIVE MERCEDES A BLACK BOYFRIEND IN THE GLEE CLUB! BLACK STRAIGHT BOYS SING TOO DAMMIT!!!

That would be HOT! I'm in love with Glee lol!

But they need to be careful. They're starting to become a 'what song are they gonna sing' show instead of a omg it's glee show if you get me?

That would be HOT! I'm in love with Glee lol!

But they need to be careful. They're starting to become a 'what song are they gonna sing' show instead of a omg it's glee show if you get me?

I get you...they do a lot of old stuff but a janet/michael episode is way past due...for them to do madonna britney and gaga...what about our people who impacted music

I get you...they do a lot of old stuff but a janet/michael episode is way past due...for them to do madonna britney and gaga...what about our people who impacted music

Exactly! Janet should have promoted True You on it :lol:. I'm sure some of them can relate

Exactly! Janet should have promoted True You on it :lol:. I'm sure some of them can relate

OMG THATS SUCH A GREAT IDEA...SHE COULD'VE BEEN THE GUIDANCE COUNSELOR FOR THE DAY WHILE MISS HELLO KITTY WAS OUT SICK...LOL...IMMA PITCH THIS IDEA TO AMBER ON TWITTER...LOL ILL MENTION IT WAS PART YOUR IDEA...LOL

OMG THATS SUCH A GREAT IDEA...SHE COULD'VE BEEN THE GUIDANCE COUNSELOR FOR THE DAY WHILE MISS HELLO KITTY WAS OUT SICK...LOL...IMMA PITCH THIS IDEA TO AMBER ON TWITTER...LOL ILL MENTION IT WAS PART YOUR IDEA...LOL

LOL I LOVE IT! I'd love to see her on there

Archived