What are ur views..I find that ppl have diff opinions on this...

janetDAYZ

This is definitely a controversial subject, because you're right, people have mad differing opinions regarding it.

Here's how I feel about it. I'm a real old-fashioned dude, I guess. If I was ever in this situation, I would say the answer is a resounding "NO!"

If you're on a "break" you're still "involved."

...it's like this: if you're at work, and you take a break, it's limited. After that break, whether it be a short one, or a long one, you know you're going back to work. You don't go to take on a new profession on your break, you just chill and gear up to get back to your job after your break has ended.

Now, having said that, if us two amicably decide that "seeing" or "canoodling" with other people is fair game, then by all means, GET IT IN! Like I said though, I'm old fashioned, so I wouldn't be the one messing around. If I felt that my relationship was real enough to salvage, I would stay committed 100% through the "break."

This is definitely a controversial subject, because you're right, people have mad differing opinions regarding it.

Here's how I feel about it. I'm a real old-fashioned dude, I guess. If I was ever in this situation, I would say the answer is a resounding "NO!"

If you're on a "break" you're still "involved."

...it's like this: if you're at work, and you take a break, it's limited. After that break, whether it be a short one, or a long one, you know you're going back to work. You don't go to take on a new profession on your break, you just chill and gear up to get back to your job after your break has ended.

Now, having said that, if us two amicably decide that "seeing" or "canoodling" with other people is fair game, then by all means, GET IT IN! Like I said though, I'm old fashioned, so I wouldn't be the one messing around. If I felt that my relationship was real enough to salvage, I would stay committed 100% through the "break."

And see..Im old fashioned to a VERY small degree tho. The way I view it is that "the break" is a defining point whether you wanna rekindle and proceed or let it go. The break is for you "to find yourself" or what have you and to me that entails the whole idea of you tryna figure out what it is that you truly desire. Therefore I feel during that period,whatever comes..whether it be a date or having the company of another should be permitted.

when my ex and I had to take a little "timeout" we didnt see anyone. our break consisted of us thinking about where our relationship was heading and things like that.

I guess it just depends on the couple themselves.

I assume it does varie form couple to couple because every relationship has different problems.

So during you alls "timeout" ..what did you find..what were your discoveries on the solution? What was the conclusion?

I assume it does varie form couple to couple because every relationship has different problems.

So during you alls "timeout" ..what did you find..what were your discoveries on the solution? What was the conclusion?

with us, we were dealing with a lot of the same issues that we could not control. he kept things to himself and I expected to just naturally know what was going on with me. so when something went on, he wouldnt talk to me about it but to his friends. And when something went on with me, I expected him to say WHATS WRONG?

We talked things over and we had to change some of those habits.

Unfortunately our conclusion was the conclusion of our relationship. We had been together for 4 years and he went back to shutting me out on things. It was a hard decision for me to leave him, but it had to be done

with us, we were dealing with a lot of the same issues that we could not control. he kept things to himself and I expected to just naturally know what was going on with me. so when something went on, he wouldnt talk to me about it but to his friends. And when something went on with me, I expected him to say WHATS WRONG?

Unfortunately our conclusion was the conclusion of our relationship. We had been together for 4 years and he went back to shutting me out on things. It was a hard decision for me to leave him, but it had to be done

-_-

Yeah.. it was inevitable

I knew deep down that he was going to back to that. But when friends, who he had known for a month or so, were getting more priority over me, I knew where I stood with him

I know exactly what you mean. Communication is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo important in a relationship. And when you constantly are trying to figure out what's going on with your partner who doesn't wanna talk, then that pretty much is the end of your relationship. My name ain't Professor X and I don't read minds. :coffee:

Yeah.. it was inevitable

it was and I guess I knew it when he started going down that path again. I didnt have it in me to argue again with that.

I know exactly what you mean. Communication is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo important in a relationship. And when you constantly are trying to figure out what's going on with your partner who doesn't wanna talk, then that pretty much is the end of your relationship. My name ain't Professor X and I don't read minds. :coffee:

Same here communication is important. He always wanted to know what was going on with me, but he never wanted to talk to me about what he was going through.

after being broken up for almost 2 years, we started to talk again as friends. Well hadnt heard from him in months. He sent me a text of a forward and I didnt recognize the number. texted back who it was and he text back YOUR FRIEND JASON.

He had gotten a new number and I was the last to know about it. You would think as a friend now I would get priority like others.......nope.

You have to always go there dont you? :rolleyes: No one said anything about actually sleeping with someone...I asked is dating out of bounds?

Dating/fucking is all the same.. You are supposed to take a break to figure out if you want to stay. Fucking or dating someone else during that time is just a free pass to cheat..

Dating/fucking is all the same.. You are supposed to take a break to figure out if you want to stay. Fucking or dating someone else during that time is just a free pass to cheat..

You are always so hung up on this "cheating" thing. Some would say that when you are on break..its NOT cheating.Being on break could entail so many different things. Sometimes ppl do need to date others to see if what they have is truly where they wanna be. Whats the point of "taking a break" if you're not filling the holes that may be in the current relationship you are in. To me a break is to see if plan B (seeing what other fish are in the sea) is a better option than being with the one you've been with.Im not saying its REQUIRED but if it does happen..then so be it. Btw dating and sexing is NOT the same.

:dance:

yasssssssssssssssss...hunnies...yassssssssssssssssss :dance:

I am serious...If we are 'taking a break' then we are not together and I am going to have sex with whomever I was lusting over that I couldn't fuck because I was being faithful. :excited::coffee:

There are 'no breaks'. Either we are together or we aren't

You dont think sometimes couples need time to "clear the air" and sort things out in solitude?