Britney Spears ousted for using body double in new music video…

DJ Y2K Malone™

I'm not tryna bash Britney but the constant excuses is what drives me insane. We would NOT excuse other artists this way.

As far as her being drugged up and all of that. That argument is shut DOWN because Brit shits in rehearsal.MTV taped footage from Brits last stage rehearsal (from her most recent performance)and she had ENERGY and was doing it FULL OUT but once it was show time. NOTHING. Thats the stuff I dont understand :blink:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or probably because people on here are reaching to defend Britney's laziness...

People bring up Janet all the time to shade Britney's dancing, but I don't see complaints about that. All I'm saying is they both have injuries - that in itself isn't a reason to retire.

I'm not saying Britney doesn't have other issues ...

Well, Britney clearly has some serious issues. I've said she needs to take some time off. I just think it's a massive overreaction to the video.

You seem to be missing it..its not just over the video. The "overreaction" is for ALLLLLL the excuses that Brit fans continue to make.

You seem to be missing it..its not just over the video. The "overreaction" is for ALLLLLL the excuses that Brit fans continue to make.

Well, she's clearly not a well person. She was *not* "shitting" in the MTV rehearsals. They showed like 2 seconds of them, and she did seem slightly sharper than when on stage, but not massively so by any means. I do think she's heavily medicated much of the time - perhaps more so before she goes on stage, I don't know.

But in this thread, I'm just here talking about the video and the use of a double - I've commented on my feelings on her career overall in other threads and have said more than once that there are major problems and she needs to consider what's going on in her career.

People bring up Janet all the time to shade Britney's dancing, but I don't see complaints about that. All I'm saying is they both have injuries - that in itself isn't a reason to retire.

I'm not saying Britney doesn't have other issues ...

:asham:

You do understand that all Britney does is sleepwalk onstage and occasionally chest pumps, right? Her fans are constantly excusing this type of bullshit for a knee injury that happened 7 years ago. BTW, there's no reason to bring Janet up since she can still dance pretty well and most likely has had far worse injures considering the fact she has very intricate choreography. She was able to overcome them and move on. Britney hasn't hence why she needs a body double to do a little lean. It's time to retire.

Well, she's clearly not a well person. She was *not* "shitting" in the MTV rehearsals. They showed like 2 seconds of them, and she did seem slightly sharper than when on stage, but not massively so by any means. I do think she's heavily medicated much of the time - perhaps more so before she goes on stage, I don't know.

But in this thread, I'm just here talking about the video and the use of a double - I've commented on my feelings on her career overall in other threads and have said more than once that there are major problems and she needs to consider what's going on in her career.

That would seem like the WRONG time to get medicated.

You do understand that all Britney does is sleepwalk onstage and occasionally chest pumps, right? Her fans are constantly excusing this type of bullshit for a knee injury that happened 7 years ago. BTW, there's no reason to bring Janet up since she can still dance pretty well and most likely has had far worse injures considering the fact she has very intricate choreography. She was able to overcome them and move on. Britney hasn't hence why she needs a body double to do a little lean. It's time to retire.

Yes, I have eyes. Britney doesn't dance anymore. This thread is the first time I've ever even acknowledged the knee injury - I don't think that's the major contributing factor behind her issues. But the amount of time that has passed hardly matters - Paula Abdul still has serious injuries from her cheerleading days.

I was simply bringing Janet up as an example of a dancer dealing with an injury - someone shouldn't retire just because they have an injury - many dancers and athletes have them and continue. I mean, Janet had to cut out whole chunks of her show because of it. I'm not saying I have a problem with that AT ALL, but it's something people deal with. Like I said, others bring her up all the time in threads about Britney, and I don't see you complaining, so I don't know why you've got your knickers in a twist over that now.

You actually believe that? :lol:

He also said the costumes didn't make it to the Austin and Omaha shows...

Well, I don't know what the other reason would be. She was changing movements and not going down on one of her legs very hard during some of the performances. If she's cutting large chunks of the show just 'cause she's lazy or something, then that's lame.

That would seem like the WRONG time to get medicated.

I agree. But she may have some kind of anxiety before going on stage, or her people may want to make sure that she doesn't yell out "Merry Christmas" or "my pussy is hanging out" in the middle of performances anymore.

Well, I don't know what the other reason would be. She was changing movements and not going down on one of her legs very hard during some of the performances. If she's cutting large chunks of the show just 'cause she's lazy or something, then that's lame.

Well, that's the reason.

I agree. But she may have some kind of anxiety before going on stage, or her people may want to make sure that she doesn't yell out "Merry Christmas" or "my pussy is hanging out" in the middle of performances anymore.

Obviously she was medicated then too..so whats the difference? :lol: IF ANYTHING they should know better than to medicate her before the stage.

Yes, I have eyes. Britney doesn't dance anymore. This thread is the first time I've ever even acknowledged the knee injury - I don't think that's the major contributing factor behind her issues. But the amount of time that has passed hardly matters - Paula Abdul still has serious injuries from her cheerleading days.

I was simply bringing Janet up as an example of a dancer dealing with an injury - someone shouldn't retire just because they have an injury - many dancers and athletes have them and continue. I mean, Janet had to cut out whole chunks of her show because of it. I'm not saying I have a problem with that AT ALL, but it's something people deal with. Like I said, others bring her up all the time in threads about Britney, and I don't see you complaining, so I don't know why you've got your knickers in a twist over that now.

Yet Paula Abdul can still move well too.

Well, someone should retire when they can't even walk in a straight line anymore. There's a problem when all she can do is walk around, chest pump and pose. I understand that Janet has had past injuries but she's not going to go on stage and just walk around with a CD playing in the background. That's the difference. By the way, Janet is cutting songs and not changing outfits because she's lazy.

I don't have my "knickers in a twist". I just don't find your comparison a reasonable one besides the only time people bring Janet up in a Britney discussion is to shade Britney for walking around. They use Janet as an example because she's 45 and still putting in work.

Well, that's the reason.

Well, if it's just laziness, that's pathetic.

Yet Paula Abdul can still move well too.

Well, someone should retire when they can't even walk in a straight line anymore. There's a problem when all she can do is walk around, chest pump and pose. I understand that Janet has had past injuries but she's not going to go on stage and just walk around with a CD playing in the background. That's the difference. By the way, Janet is cutting songs and not changing outfits because she's lazy.

I don't have my "knickers in a twist". I just don't find your comparison a reasonable one besides the only time people bring Janet up in a Britney discussion is to shade Britney for walking around. They use Janet as an example because she's 45 and still putting in work.

Britney can walk a straight line . . . just not with much conviction. :lol:

Janet's lipping everything these days too - even when she's sitting. But obviously she can definitely still dance.

My comparison is basically that people are upset over 2 seconds in a video, so why not be upset if Janet cuts half a dozen songs from her setlist (which people have actually paid to see), if they're both due to injuries (and I was operating on that premise - because I don't know the true reason for either).

Well, if it's just laziness, that's pathetic.

Not any more pathetic than getting a body double to do a little lean...

Britney can walk a straight line . . . just not with much conviction. :lol:

Janet's lipping everything these days too - even when she's sitting. But obviously she can definitely still dance.

My comparison is basically that people are upset over 2 seconds in a video, so why not be upset if Janet cuts half a dozen songs from her setlist (which people have actually paid to see), if they're both due to injuries (and I was operating on that premise - because I don't know the true reason for either).

:lmao:

Well, she has always tried to make it believable with pre-recorded vocals. :lol:

Ok, I'm not upset over a 2 seconds in a video. Personally, Idc. I just find the excuses her fans come up with for everything she does laughable and pathetic. Again, Janet is just being lazy. I don't think it's an injury since she can still do the routines well when she feels like it.

Well, she has always tried to make it believable with pre-recorded vocals. :lol:

Ok, I'm not upset over a 2 seconds in a video. Personally, Idc. I just find the excuses her fans come up with for everything she does laughable and pathetic. Again, Janet is just being lazy. I don't think it's an injury since she can still do the routines well when she feels like it.

No, I definitely don't think Janet cutting songs for laziness is any more pathetic than Britney's . . . general issues :lol:. But if people are gonna shade Britney for being lazy (and really, we don't know if it's laziness for either one of them), then Janet deserves some too.

I do appreciate that Janet does at least pre-record, I'll always give her that! Though I do wish she'd sing the ballads live.

For me personally, with Britney and "excuses" - it's just clear to me that there's something not right there, and I come from a place of concern for her. I've gone on and on about it before, but when she first having problems, I was through with her for a while. Really, I ignored the whole Blackout era and some stuff before and after that. But once I realized the severity of some of the issues, it caused me to have compassion for her. Because I know people who have been through stuff, and I've been through stuff. And so, for me, it's less about being a fan in some instances (because I've completely abandoned her on stuff before) than it is me trying to figure out what's going on with her, because I genuinely think it's more than just laziness. She just doesn't look right. And I hate seeing her that way.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No, I definitely don't think Janet cutting songs for laziness is any more pathetic than Britney's . . . general issues :lol:. But if people are gonna shade Britney for being lazy (and really, we don't know if it's laziness for either one of them), then Janet deserves some too.

I do appreciate that Janet does at least pre-record, I'll always give her that! Though I do wish she'd sing the ballads live.

For me personally, with Britney and "excuses" - it's just clear to me that there's something not right there, and I come from a place of concern for her. I've gone on and on about it before, but when she first having problems, I was through with her for a while. Really, I ignored the whole Blackout era and some stuff before and after that. But once I realized the severity of some of the issues, it caused me to have compassion for her. Because I know people who have been through stuff, and I've been through stuff. And so, for me, it's less about being a fan in some instances (because I've completely abandoned her on stuff before) than it is me trying to figure out what's going on with her, because I genuinely think it's more than just laziness. She just doesn't look right. And I hate seeing her that way.

Janet cutting songs and not changing outfits won't overshadow her performances. Yes, It's laziness but she still gives a good performance. I can't say the same about Britney trying to get away with just popping in her CD and chest pumping to the music. I'm sure Janet would never do that to her audience.

Janet cutting songs and not changing outfits won't overshadow her performances. Yes, It's laziness but she still gives a good performance. I can't say the same about Britney trying to get away with just popping in her CD and chest pumping to the music. I'm sure Janet would never do that to her audience.

Absolutely, Janet still gives a very strong performance, no doubt about it. But I can't say I wouldn't be upset if I'd paid money and showed up to find out that she'd cut several of her biggest hits from the setlist that night, or couldn't be bothered to change into her costumes.

I think Britney's dealing with a different set of issues than Janet is. But with Britney, I at least feel like I know what I'm going to get when I show up. She may not be as into it as I'd like, but she doesn't arbitrarily cut songs or just perform in the same outfit for the entire evening. (Or even cancel dates, which, let's face it, I was sure she was going to do on the Circus tour. My ticket was for a show like 3 weeks into the tour and I really didn't think she'd make it that long :asham:).

The root of my issue is - I don't know what's going on with Britney. Clearly something isn't right, and I wish she/her people would either be honest about it or just not bother. She doesn't even sound right when she talks anymore.

Doubles are used all the time and it was for ONE FUCKING SECOND in the music video. I just LMFAO at people dragging her for this. It's ridiculous. She looks amazing. She probably went to piss and they wanted to keep shooting. :rolleyes:

Archived