Britney Spears ousted for using body double in new music video…

DJ Y2K Malone™

So Janet is allowed to use a body double, but Britney isn't? whistle.gif

And we dont actually know whether Janet has or hasnt used body doubles in the past. She may have.

:wacko:

Janet used a body double because she didn't want to show her body and she used one in IGL that required no movement at all.

Some of you are really showing your true colors... :whistle:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no...finish the rest.. I also said I can understand body doubles for legitimate reasons...

Dancing doesnt quite fall under that category (especially if thats what you're known for) :lol:

I don't really think underwater movement is all that legitimate of a reason either, but I guess everybody's perspective is different.

All the folks bringing Janet up need to get the fuck out of here. Janet has never used a body double for dancing, and her forty-five year-old self can still dance circles around Britney at any given moment in her career. And no, that's not up for debate.

The problem here isn't the body double. She used one for the last video and it made sense, I don't see artists doing flips and shit mid-air in a fighting scene for a video. It's that she had to use a body double to do a spin and a lean. I feel for the girl, but it's sad and it is a bit deceiving, like almost every other facet of her career at this point.

Really not - I just don't think it's fair to call out one artist for something and give another artist a pass for it.

(Also, I feel sorry for Britney, and thus slightly protective of her. Even with Janet's missteps, she'll always be miles ahead).

Excuse me??????????????????

Ya'll wanna give Britney a pass on EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTHING ...are you kidding me? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Excuse me??????????????????

Ya'll wanna give Britney a pass on EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTHING ...are you kidding me? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, you said your problem was deceit - and "legitimate" is up to the individual.

And I personally will absolutely not give Britney a pass on everything.

"Every Time" was released in 1998. If Janet could, say, do the "Scream" breakdown three years prior without a body double, I highly doubt she needed a body double to sit in a bathtub and look pretty for her. There was obviously some other reason.

We all know why Britney needed a body double here. Stop playing. I hate it when you all have to bring Janet up at the most inappropriate and irrelevant times.

Really not - I just don't think it's fair to call out one artist for something and give another artist a pass for it.

(Also, I feel sorry for Britney, and thus slightly protective of her. Even with Janet's missteps, she'll always be miles ahead).

15p49yt_jpg-vi.gif

Janet would be called out and dragged up and down this forum if she ever used a double during a dance routine. But she wouldn't do that.

You can't compare Janet using a double for scenes that required skin and a scene in IGL was done by a double because she wasn't there to shoot it. It's not like she got a double to do a high kick or some BS. Let's stop reaching.

I'm defending the video, because I don't have a problem with it, and think people are going too far with it. I criticize Britney all the time.

You keep forgetting this is NOT just about the video its about you Brit stans taking up and defending EVERYTHING she does.

I'm still not seeing the logic in argument

Soooo Janet didnt want to show her body in the clip, so its fine to use a double

Is that the argument

Okwacko.gifwacko.gif

If you think its OKAY for a singer to use a body double for dancing..then just say it! Thats something we just dont agree on CASE CLOSED.

You keep forgetting this is NOT just about the video its about you Brit stans taking up and defending EVERYTHING she does.

!!!!

I'm sorry. I feel bad & understand her situation. the scenario but they make excuses for everytime she cant deliver on any given scenario.

"Every Time" was released in 1998. If Janet could, say, do the "Scream" breakdown three years prior without a body double, I highly doubt she needed a body double to sit in a bathtub and look pretty for her. There was obviously some other reason.

We all know why Britney needed a body double here. Stop playing. I hate it when you all have to bring Janet up at the most inappropriate and irrelevant times.

Exactly..they have to ALWAYS use Janet in order to build someone else up ... :wacko:

15p49yt_jpg-vi.gif

Janet would be called out and dragged up and down this forum if she ever used a double during a dance routine. But she wouldn't do that.

You can't compare Janet using a double for scenes that required skin and a scene in IGL was done by a double because she wasn't there to shoot it. It's not like she got a double to do a high kick or some BS. Let's stop reaching.

I understand the use of the one in IGL, haven't even mentioned that one myself I just think the one in Every Time is a bit silly. Genuinely. Why make a video if like half of it isn't even you? If you don't want to show skin, do a different concept.

I was in the thread with the express purpose of talking about the topic, which was using a body double for two quick shots in a video. It's other people who dragged it out into other things. And I've said multiple times that I won't defend everything she does, and have even in this thread mentioned problems with her stuff.

Exactly..they have to ALWAYS use Janet in order to build someone else up ... :wacko:

People use Janet to tear other artists down all the time too - it's a Janet board . . . she's going to come up in conversation, as shocking as that may seem.

Seriously, you said your problem was deceit - and "legitimate" is up to the individual.

And I personally will absolutely not give Britney a pass on everything.

The deceit of her DANCING was what I was referring to

What do you mean? Everytime we speak on Brit..there's a pass on your behalf becuz she medicated and all this other stuff.

I understand the use of the one in IGL, haven't even mentioned that one myself I just think the one in Every Time is a bit silly. Genuinely. Why make a video if like half of it isn't even you? If you don't want to show skin, do a different concept.

It was during a time when she didn't like her body.

I guess you find Britney's usage of a double in TTWI more reasonable? :umm:

!!!!

I'm sorry. I feel bad & understand her situation. the scenario but they make excuses for everytime she cant deliver on any given scenario.

THANK YOU!

Thats my only issue.. Every single thing..there's an excuse to why she dont deliver.

The bitch is decent and sharper in rehearsals but when he hits the stage..just DEAD. :mellow:

Their excuse is "Well maybe she takes her meds before she hits the stage"

c'mon on now :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I was in the thread with the express purpose of talking about the topic, which was using a body double for two quick shots in a video. It's other people who dragged it out into other things. And I've said multiple times that I won't defend everything she does, and have even in this thread mentioned problems with her stuff.

You say you dont defend everything in relation to Brit but I have YET to see you call her out on anything because it all resorts back to her being a medicated bitch..so you "understand" as to why she cant deliver. That seems to be the core of all your arguments.

The deceit of her DANCING was what I was referring to

What do you mean? Everytime we speak on Brit..there's a pass on your behalf becuz she medicated and all this other stuff.

Yes, I've said she's medicated and has emotional and that I feel sorry for her . . . but also that she needs to hang it up. Her performances have been getting worse instead of better (and they're downright laughable at this point - it cracked me up how when MTV aired her performances, most of them were audience shots), I can't fathom why she's going on tour right now - she needs to go home and be with her kids and if she feels like she can handle this again at some point, she could come back.

So I defend her in the sense that I don't think she's being purposefully lazy, but I don't think she should be out there right now. It saddens me. (Not the video, which doesn't really bother me at all, but pretty much every thing else . . .)

It was during a time when she didn't like her body.

I guess you find Britney's usage of a double in TTWI more reasonable? :umm:

I'd rather Britney have not used a double, but I don't know the full reason behind it. It could genuinely be that because of her knee, she couldn't do certain things. The two moves in the video aren't any more complicated than stuff that she's doing in other parts of the video, really, so I'm a bit confused by it. Really they just shouldn't have bothered with a double at all - it's not like those two brief snippets were even necessary. But it doesn't affect how I feel about the video overall. I actually found the use of the double in the HIAM video more annoying.

As for Every Time, I've just always been disappointed by the video, so I'm sure that colors my perception of the use of the double, but it always annoyed me.

You say you dont defend everything in relation to Brit but I have YET to see you call her out on anything because it all resorts back to her being a medicated bitch..so you "understand" as to why she cant deliver. That seems to be the core of all your arguments.

Yes, I do understand her. It makes me sad to see someone mentally ill being mocked, basically, which is why I'll defend her on that front. I look at her and it's like I see a child who I feel sorry for. That's how I feel, which is why it comes up so often. But at the end of the day, I don't think she should be out there in the state that she's in now. I don't understand why all of that is happening, and I keep sorting through it in my mind to try and figure it out. Because I don't think it's okay and I don't think the performances are acceptable.

I'm not tryna bash Britney but the constant excuses is what drives me insane. We would NOT excuse other artists this way.

As far as her being drugged up and all of that. That argument is shut DOWN because Brit shits in rehearsal.MTV taped footage from Brits last stage rehearsal (from her most recent performance)and she had ENERGY and was doing it FULL OUT but once it was show time. NOTHING. Thats the stuff I dont understand :blink:

Me either. It's really starting to piss me off. Like do you have your b12 injections before rehearsals & not performances?!! :lol:

Archived