Rihanna Reclaims Pop Songs No. 1 Record

DJ Y2K Malone™

No one is saying they don't deserve them, they just aren't comparable. Back in the day, a song couldn't chart if it A) wasn't a single, or B) didn't have a commercial product. Taylor Swift recently broke Madonna and Janet's record for most top 20 debuts because of iTunes. Some of Taylor's songs that charted weren't even singles. Is that comparable to Janet and Madonna having to get massive airplay and sell a physical single to get a top 20 debut?

Same with #1s. Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" went from 97 to 1 on the Hot 100 because of iTunes. Is that comparable to a song that climbed the Hot 100 because of airplay and sales? Not at all. That's what is meant when we say it's not comparable. It's almost like these girls are using iTunes as a shortcut to give the illusion of something that's there, when it reality it's not.

And I understand that..it's so different now and I admitted that the girls can get a number 1 easily now because it's not how it's used to be..but people can't say they don't deserve them..it's just a new musical climate..and music is so accessible now too..pretty much everything is digital..

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YESSSSSSSSS!! I might go on Friday..my brother is coming down Saturday(supposedly).. :sigh:

i'm thinking of going on thursday cause i pretty much know what happens in the movie. :shifty: do you not want your brother there? :ph34r:

i'm thinking of going on thursday cause i pretty much know what happens in the movie. :shifty: do you not want your brother there? :ph34r:

I may go Friday night..I just know everyone is going to be there that night..and plus it's a payday! <_<

I don't mind him coming..it's just that he wants to go to Savannah.. :lmao:

I may go Friday night..I just know everyone is going to be there that night..and plus it's a payday! <_<

I don't mind him coming..it's just that he wants to go to Savannah.. :lmao:

i'm taking my mask with me. i defy one of them ushers to try me. :coffee:

i don't like when family visits me...especially unannounced. :umm:

i'm taking my mask with me. i defy one of them ushers to try me. :coffee:

i don't like when family visits me...especially unannounced. :umm:

Oh hell naw..that shit scares me.. <_<

Well I've been knowing for about 3 weeks..he hit me with the okie doke that he wanted to go to Savannah.. :lmao:

Oh hell naw..that shit scares me.. <_<

Well I've been knowing for about 3 weeks..he hit me with the okie doke that he wanted to go to Savannah.. :lmao:

i know i won't be alone. :shifty: i have to take it off to see the movie cause that little piece of fabric on the eyes won't let me see shit. *flashes back to scream 3* :umm:

:lol:

i'm grateful my siblings live far away. ^_^

i know i won't be alone. :shifty: i have to take it off to see the movie cause that little piece of fabric on the eyes won't let me see shit. *flashes back to scream 3* :umm:

:lol:

i'm grateful my siblings live far away. ^_^

:asham: I may see somebody try it with that damn mask on.. :cry:

He lives in VA, but he's taking his son to NC and then coming to SC, so we can hit GA.. :lmao:

:asham: I may see somebody try it with that damn mask on.. :cry:

He lives in VA, but he's taking his son to NC and then coming to SC, so we can hit GA.. :lmao:

:lol: he/she better be prepared to get hit. :coffee:

that's alot of traveling. i get tired driving to the corner store. :umm:

:lol: he/she better be prepared to get hit. :coffee:

that's alot of traveling. i get tired driving to the corner store. :umm:

I'm running so the next person can hit him.. :ph34r:

He shole is..not to mention that I've been to Savannah the past three weekends.. :lmao:

Archived