'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live' -- CANCELLED

DJ Y2K Malone™

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

OLTL_AMC_Split_320x240.jpg

"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

http://www.tmz.com/2...abc-soap-opera/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what's going to fill those slots..

Talk shows.

I'm not surprised by this - the soaps have been dying for a while. I've never watched them, but I'm sure it must be hard on folks who have watched them for decades to suddenly have so many of them ending. End of an era, etc.

I stopped dealing with soaps once Passions ended <_< I know a few of my aunts will be pleased that General Hospital is staying though :lol:

I ONLY fuck with Passions when I discovered this dude name Chad (that was married) being unable to stay away from Vincent's kitty kat :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

:o :o :o :o :o @ them cancelling those two soaps

Talk shows.

I'm not surprised by this - the soaps have been dying for a while. I've never watched them, but I'm sure it must be hard on folks who have watched them for decades to suddenly have so many of them ending. End of an era, etc.

My grandma had her 80th birthday yesterday and she LOVES her "stories". She was NOT having it when we were growing up and we get rowdy during her stories no maam that was a quick way to get dragged. I havent watched soaps in years and years but I sure did watch them growing up and staying with her after school. Y&R, All my children, One Life to live were staples!

It was coming, they had been saying it, it started with getting rid of actors that were veterans, and honestly they right, the audience has changed, soaps don't have an audience like they used to. I am no surprised, im disappointed because who here did not grow up knowing every soap

My grandma had her 80th birthday yesterday and she LOVES her "stories". She was NOT having it when we were growing up and we get rowdy during her stories no maam that was a quick way to get dragged. I havent watched soaps in years and years but I sure did watch them growing up and staying with her after school. Y&R, All my children, One Life to live were staples!

That's the thing - their viewers are mostly older and they haven't been gaining any new viewers in recent years. (As I saw somebody recently point out on TV, for the younger generation, reality shows like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives are our soap opera replacements.) But when I was little, I definitely remember my nanny tuning into them every day! I feel bad for those older folks who have been watching them for decades.

I ONLY fuck with Passions when I discovered this dude name Chad (that was married) being unable to stay away from Vincent's kitty kat :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Damn you hopped on when it was damn near over :lmao: The creator was soooo stuck on incest it wasn't funny :sigh: I'm still mad that he brought in Vincent to have his incest ending after the fans bitched and moaned about Chad and Whitney being brother and sister (even though we all knew they were suppose to be from the start of their relationship).

That's the thing - their viewers are mostly older and they haven't been gaining any new viewers in recent years. (As I saw somebody recently point out on TV, for the younger generation, reality shows like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives are our soap opera replacements.) But when I was little, I definitely remember my nanny tuning into them every day! I feel bad for those older folks who have been watching them for decades.

Oh I completely understand why they are being canned now left and right. Reality shows/Talk shows are just so much cheaper and easier to manage and produce than these old soaps. They have been dying out for years, its just sad those slots will be filled with more random courtroom judge shows or some talk show.

Damn you hopped on when it was damn near over :lmao: The creator was soooo stuck on incest it wasn't funny :sigh: I'm still mad that he brought in Vincent to have his incest ending after the fans bitched and moaned about Chad and Whitney being brother and sister (even though we all knew they were suppose to be from the start of their relationship).

Anytime a man is cheating on his wife with a Blatin ..makes for good,interesting,exciting tv >_<:excited: :excited:

and yes..that incest shit had me wondering about the personal skeletons in the writers' closets :mellow: