'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live' -- CANCELLED

DJ Y2K Malone™

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime a man is cheating on his wife with a Blatin ..makes for good,interesting,exciting tv >_<:excited: :excited:

and yes..that incest shit had me wondering about the personal skeletons in the writers' closets :mellow:

escalator.gif

It was just a mess -_- He even was over the top about it and made Vincent a hermaphrodite and a dual character...he was also that Valerie chick ("she" and Chad also slept together) :sigh:

escalator.gif

It was just a mess -_- He even was over the top about it and made Vincent a hermaphrodite and a dual character...he was also that Valerie chick ("she" and Chad also slept together) :sigh:

THEY WERE DOING WAAAAAY TOO MUCH :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The writing on that show was just too outlandish and bizarre :mellow: Thats why I would tape it ..come home..fast forward to ONLY the parts of Chad and Vincent having sex :lol: :lol:

THEY WERE DOING WAAAAAY TOO MUCH :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The writing on that show was just too outlandish and bizarre :mellow: Thats why I would tape it ..come home..fast forward to ONLY the parts of Chad and Vincent having sex :lol: :lol:

That character was just the definition of "Doin' 2 Much"...even had him sleep with his father (Julian) when he was "Valerie" :sigh: ..... :lmao: I use to be in high school when it was on, but I always set the VCR to catch it when I got it -_- During summer vacation I didn't care what I was doing, when it was 10 minutes prior to Passions I would be on the couch waiting -_-

That character was just the definition of "Doin' 2 Much"...even had him sleep with his father (Julian) when he was "Valerie" :sigh: ..... :lmao: I use to be in high school when it was on, but I always set the VCR to catch it when I got it -_- During summer vacation I didn't care what I was doing, when it was 10 minutes prior to Passions I would be on the couch waiting -_-

Ethan :whistle:

im just glad i can still watch general hospital.. never watched either of these 2 shows that got cancelled.

but it does make me wonder, if or when GH will get cancelled

The president of ABD daytime said GH is still ok for now.

Can you make any commitment to keep "General Hospital" on the air?

As long as we have good ratings it will stay in the lineup.

What qualifies as good? Is there a baseline?

No, it doesn't work like that. It's an algebraic equation of cost ad revenue and the revenue of course is represented by ratings. So as long as they can continue to produce the show in a smart way and bring in viewers it'll be here on ABC.

How much do "The Chew" and "The Revolution" cost compared to the soaps?

They're about 30 to 40 percent less than the soaps. ... I don't want to get into the dollars and cents of it but I think that's a fair way to say it. Certainly to frame it up for any general readers to understand that these are a significantly cheaper way to schedule the day part.

Days Of Our Lives is still going strong.. :filenails: :filenails:

Nope they got rid of veterans on that show to cut the budget

Drake Hogestyn was fired in 2007 as a way to shrink down the budget.[39] Later, in an attempt to stabilize ratings, he was brought back in 2008.[40] As a result, it provided many storyline opportunities for the couple. However, with a vastly shrinking budget things didn't pan out as planned. Days of our Lives was renewed in 2008, but the budget was slashed severely by 40%. To make do with the new restrictions, executive producer Ken Corday was forced to fire his two highest paid actors, Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn. Critics slammed the show for their firings, with TV Guide's Nelson Branco saying in an interview, "The show became uglier after Hall and Hogestyn left the airwaves. Many claim it was the beginning of the end for our industry. You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who would disagree with that statement."[41] Matt Mitovich said their exit was, "Truly the end of an era, as daytime television says goodbye to 'Days of Our Lives' John Black and Dr. Marlena Evans on Friday, Jan. 23. Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall, aka John and "Doc," have nearly 12,000 Days appearances between them over the past 32 years. As such, they will leave behind many memories for fans of NBC's long-running (and now only) sudser. The iconic couple will create another magical moment when they say goodbye to Salem and loved ones following this week's hospital bedside wedding ceremony."[15]

Nope they got rid of veterans on that show to cut the budget

Drake Hogestyn was fired in 2007 as a way to shrink down the budget.[39] Later, in an attempt to stabilize ratings, he was brought back in 2008.[40] As a result, it provided many storyline opportunities for the couple. However, with a vastly shrinking budget things didn't pan out as planned. Days of our Lives was renewed in 2008, but the budget was slashed severely by 40%. To make do with the new restrictions, executive producer Ken Corday was forced to fire his two highest paid actors, Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn. Critics slammed the show for their firings, with TV Guide's Nelson Branco saying in an interview, "The show became uglier after Hall and Hogestyn left the airwaves. Many claim it was the beginning of the end for our industry. You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who would disagree with that statement."[41] Matt Mitovich said their exit was, "Truly the end of an era, as daytime television says goodbye to 'Days of Our Lives' John Black and Dr. Marlena Evans on Friday, Jan. 23. Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall, aka John and "Doc," have nearly 12,000 Days appearances between them over the past 32 years. As such, they will leave behind many memories for fans of NBC's long-running (and now only) sudser. The iconic couple will create another magical moment when they say goodbye to Salem and loved ones following this week's hospital bedside wedding ceremony."[15]

I know that Bailey.. I watch the show every day.. Bo and Hope are still there along with Stefano, Jennifer, Lexie and Abe..

My mom is going to have a fit when it is done.

When I told her she said OMG, What are we going to watch now.

I can only watch so much of Maury Baby's DNA testing shows. My mom starting yelling. She grew up watching AMC and OLTL. I told her their is going to be a point where u have to say GOODBYE to ERICA KANE.

I grew up watching AMC, OLTL and GH. Then at 4 it was Oprah. What is ABC going to do now?

Archived