Mariah Carey Gives Birth To Twins!

SloLove

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mariah-carey-and-nick-cannon-welcome-twins_article_45963?__source=newsletter

It’s official — Mimi is now a mama!

Mariah Carey gave birth to twins – a boy and a girl – on Saturday.

The 41-year-old singing superstar gave birth at 12:07 p.m. EDT at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles, Mariah’s rep, Cindi Berger, told the Associated Press.

Nick and Mariah’s baby girl was reportedly born first, weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 18 inches long; while her brother was next, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches.

The twins coincidentally arrived on the couple’s fourth wedding anniversary.

Berger said the couple --who has not yet named their children — was calm while en route to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom, as they believed Mariah’s labor pains were a false alarm.

When the contractions proved to be the real deal, Nick, 30, was reportedly so nervous he had to be guided to the maternity ward by a nurse after he went to the wrong department, according to the AP.

“It was like right out of an ‘I Love Lucy’ skit,” Berger said, before adding that the proud new parents listened to Mariah’s “We Belong Together” after their twins were born.

The double bundle of joy comes on the heels of some false alarms, thanks to anxious daddy-to-be Nick Cannon.

On March 29, Nick posted a message on his Twitter page that he was rushing home for what he thought might have been baby time.

“On a plane back to NY. Praying Dem Babies wait for DADDY to come back b4 they pop out! The Cornball Movement don’t stop!,” Nick Tweeted at the time, causing speculation that wife Mariah was getting ready to give birth.

A rep for Mariah quickly put the rumors to rest, noting that the singer had yet to go into labor at the time.

However, mom wasn’t immune to some early jitters either.

On March 27, the same day Mariah turned 41, the pop diva was admitted to the hospital after experiencing some early contractions.

“So #dembabies really wanted 2 celebrate w/us/share the anniversary!” Mariah Tweeted at the time. “I started having contractions last night..went 2 the hospital.

While the birth of their babies is clearly a joyous occasion, the actual delivery wasn’t something Nick was necessarily looking forward to seeing.

“I am probably going to faint in the delivery room!…I need to man up!” he Tweeted on March 24. “Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!”

Mariah and Nick first announced their pregnancy to Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush back in October, confirming what had been a whirlwind of media speculation.

“Yes, we are pregnant, this is true!” Mariah told Billy at the time. “It’s been a long journey. It’s been tough because I’ve been trying to hold on to a shred of privacy… At this point, there is no choice. I either talk or I hibernate.”

Congrats to them! :D

Anybody else expecting crazy names for the kids like Tinkerbell or Unicorn? :unsure:

LOL I HOPE NOPE....I THINK NICK WILL PUT HIS FOOT DOWN THEN, IM EXPECTING SOME REALLY NICE NAMES ACTUALLY