No. 1 Album Spot Still Eludes Rihanna

TwistedElegance™

Ashanti's label issues began either just before or just after Bey's solo release. Hence, me saying Bey was able to take advantage of the situation. :sigh:

Didn't Ashanti start having "label issues" months after her second album was out? Funny how Bey took advantage of that by releasing her album before Ashanti's and those "label issues" took place :coffee: Bey erased Ashanti off the map :coffee:

We've had this convo before :rolleyes:

Bey just came along at a time when there was no other female R&B/pop act dominating.

Ashanti was having label issues, Janet had just come off of AFY and was about to go through the BS that happened after the super bowl.

Beyonce got lucky. :coffee:

I don't care about Ashanti or Beyonce "running the game" I'm not here for random flops. :coffee:

LOL @ Ashanti no dominated. Like "Foolish" was #1 on the Hot 100 for 10 weeks and she didn't win 8 BMAs that year. :lmao:

Didn't Ashanti start having "label issues" months after her second album was out? Funny how Bey took advantage of that by releasing her album before Ashanti's and those "label issues" took place :coffee: Bey erased Ashanti off the map :coffee:

LOL @ Ashanti no dominated. Like "Foolish" was #1 on the Hot 100 for 10 weeks and she didn't win 8 BMAs that year. :lmao:

Alot can happen in VERY short amount of time when you have label issues or industry politics come in to play...look at Janet.

...and just so we're clear. I don't love, like, or even care about Ashanti. I just want to make sure we understand that Beyonce didn't demolish bitches so much, as it just all came together for her at the right time.

He's making an ass out of himself like always :lmao: He should stop trying to disagree with us just to have a "fight" :sigh:EVERYONE knows Ashanti was that "It" black female singer and was very successful, but Bey came and took that along with sales, attention and fans from her -_-

He's making an ass out of himself like always :lmao: He should stop trying to disagree with us just to have a "fight" :sigh:EVERYONE knows Ashanti was that "It" black female singer and was very successful, but Bey came and took that along with sales, attention and fans from her -_-

He's always unnecessarily on the opposition. It's quite annoying tbh. :umm: I can't wait for his "Beyonce had the right music at the right time" speech. Little does he know, Sony was more interested in Kelly's solo album, they told Beyonce she didn't have any hits on her album, and they told her she was going to flop because they felt her weight would be an issue. :lmao:

Alot can happen in VERY short amount of time when you have label issues or industry politics come in to play...look at Janet.

...and just so we're clear. I don't love, like, or even care about Ashanti. I just want to make sure we understand that Beyonce didn't demolish bitches so much, as it just all came together for her at the right time.

Janet's situation is NOWHERE NEAR Ashanti's "label issues" :mellow: Those "label issues" were just them saying Bey's killing the hell out of Ashanti and we have to come up with something to say why Ashanti can't keep up :excited:

He's always unnecessarily on the opposition. It's quite annoying tbh. :umm: I can't wait for his "Beyonce had the right music at the right time" speech. Little does he know, Sony was more interested in Kelly's solo album, they told Beyonce she didn't have any hits on her album, and they told her she was going to flop because they felt her weight would be an issue. :lmao:

Your honesty is the truth -_- You know he was gonna say that until you posted it :lmao:

Her label may have had more of a positive outlook for Kelly's project, but there's no reason they wouldn't have pushed Bey. She was the lead singer (and to many the only singer) of DC. She had a built in audience going in to the solo project. They would be stupid not to properly back her first solo effort. It would make little business sense...they backed her, she had the material, and it all happened at the right time.

Just accept it... :coffee:

Yeah he's becoming as predictable as his Nick Jr. time slots. ohboy.gif

Only he is a fool to think Ashanti wasn't dominating in 2002/2003. SMH.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I know right...hell, in 2004 she hit #13 on the Hot 100 and that album also certified platinum (though we know it didn't sell 1 million at the time it was certified). Bey ended Ashanti...the end -_-

Her label may have had more of a positive outlook for Kelly's project, but there's no reason they wouldn't have pushed Bey. She was the lead singer (and to many the only singer) of DC. She had a built in audience going in to the solo project. They would be stupid not to properly back her first solo effort. It would make little business sense...they backed her, she had the material, and it all happened at the right time.

:34

:coffee:

Janet's situation is NOWHERE NEAR Ashanti's "label issues" :mellow: Those "label issues" were just them saying Bey's killing the hell out of Ashanti and we have to come up with something to say why Ashanti can't keep up :excited:

I didn't say Ashanti's situation was like Janet's. NO ONE (I can think of) has been through something like Janet face (a literal blacklisting within almost the entire industry).

I said "label issues" or "industry politics" can hurt a "successful" career in a very short period of time...I then used Janet's situation as a example. As Janet's situation is the ULTIMATE example of someone being very successful and then having it all taken away because of industry BS. HOWEVER, I did NOT compare the situations..

She was the first casualty of Beyonceitis in 2003. -_-

-_-

I didn't say Ashanti's situation was like Janet's. NO ONE (I can think of) has been through something like Janet face (a literal blacklisting within almost the entire industry).

I said "label issues" or "industry politics" can hurt a "successful" career in a very short period of time...I then used Janet's situation as a example. As Janet's situation is the ULTIMATE example of someone being very successful and then having it all taken away because of industry BS. HOWEVER, I did NOT compare the situations..

There was no need for you to bring up Janet's situation at all :mellow: Ashanti's "label issues" were them saying Bey was the reason why Ashanti was over :coffee:

Beyonce promoted IASF in October and November sporadically. IASF sold twice as much as Circus, which did 3.5 million. B)

Diary failed to outsell Dangerous in Love, As I Am failed outsell B'day, and Elements failed to outsell IASF. B)

Like I said, IASF did 2x Circus, from 50x the promotion. And the 3.5M number is old while the 7M number is not official so that's being generous.

I loved the IASF era, but you can't say Britney caught Beyonceitis when she caught some other thing that made her stop working as hard.

Diary and DIL sold, like, the same :rolleyes: B'Day definitely sold more then As I Am though, I had thought that sold 6+.

and as I said:

Now when you can form a proper reply, you let me know... :coffee:

Like I said, IASF did 2x Circus, from 50x the promotion. And the 3.5M number is old while the 7M number is not official so that's being generous.

I loved the IASF era, but you can't say Britney caught Beyonceitis when she caught some other thing that made her stop working as hard.

Diary and DIL sold, like, the same :rolleyes: B'Day definitely sold more then As I Am though, I had thought that sold 6+.

Why Britney aint seen double platinum since 2003? :coffee:

Toni and Paula's declines were worse. And I think Mariah's flop slide from Rainbow to Glitter/Charmbracelet was just as bad.

filenails.gif

That wasn't Ashanti's "label issues" :rolleyes:

That was the first and main "issue" B) Ashanti didn't have any problem until Beyonce was playing sniper at the BET awards with that "Crazy In Love" performance B)THAT'S what caused all of Ashanti's "issues", because people still can't remember if she performed or what she performed...and I wonder why...

bey309.gif