Beyoncé Crafts 'Own Genre' On New Album

TwistedElegance™

It’s no secret that Beyoncé is a work machine, but she isn’t resting on the accomplishments of 2008’s I Am… Sasha Fierce. While on set of a commercial for VIZIO, the pop diva gave an update on the follow-up to her smash release, sharing that she’s using live instruments to create a brand new genre.

“I’m actually in the studio now writing songs and producing,” she divulged between takes. “I have a lot of live instruments that I’m putting into the tracks to try to change the sound and make my own genre of music.”

Among her likely collaborators are Ne-Yo and Jim Jonsin, each of whom previously revealed that she was going out of the box on her fourth album. “It’s coming along nicely. I can’t speak too much on it, but it’s another direction for her, and she’s carving out her own niche,” said Ne-Yo. “In a minute nobody will be in Beyoncé’s lane. They really can’t get in her lane now, but they really can’t get in her lane after this album.”

Jonsin, who produced her hit “Sweet Dreams,” explained that he wanted to take B back to the ’80s with the addition of certain instruments. “I’d like to take it even more Depeche Mode-ish, like ’80s electro with just some hard drums. I’d love to go there,” he told Rap-Up TV.

Though you’ll have to wait until next year to get a new album from the singing sensation, Beyoncé is tiding fans over with the release of her full-length concert DVD/CD (Nov. 30), which is set to premiere with a 90-minute special on Thanksgiving night on ABC (Nov. 25, 9:30-11 p.m.).

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/11/18/beyonce-crafts-own-genre-on-new-album/#more-65654

Just make some songs that truly reflect you... and actually sing from your heart and not just scream.... She plays it too safe so she better bring it this time.

she cant play it safe this time

*still cackling at boi's pic* :lmao:

laugh.gif:shifty: