Macho Man Randy Savage Dies In Car Accident

SloLove

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/

TMZ spoke with Randy's brother, Lanny Poffo, who tells us the wrestling legend suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel around 9:25 AM ... and lost control of his vehicle.

Earlier this month, Savage celebrated his 1-year anniversary with his new wife Lynn.

Savage was 58.

Macho Man began wrestling in the WWF in 1985 and became a superstar with his trademark catchphrase "Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh." Savage was so popular, he became the spokesperson for Slim Jim in the mid '90s ... and became virtually synonymous with the brand.

UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ ... Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree."

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage's wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision -- but survived with "minor injuries." She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.

According to officials, Randy and Lynn were both wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident.

Cops say alcohol was NOT a factor.

An investigation into the accident is underway.

THIS WAS A WRESTLER FROM MY TIME...ALONG WITH HULK HOGAN, STING, ULTIMATE WARRIOR, STING, JUNK YARD DOG, AND JAKE THE SNAKE...SAD

yup..i remember that. I used to LIVE for wrestling man lol

I REMEMBER CRYING WHEN ANDRE THE GIANT BODY SLAMMED HULK HOGAN AND TOOK HOGAN A LONG ASS TIME TO GET UP...I REMEMBER DOING THE LITTLE HULKSTER SHAKE THING THINKING IT WAS GIVING HIM POWER...DUDE I GOT A HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW CAUSE THATS A MEMORY I SHARED WITH MY POPS...LOL

I REMEMBER CRYING WHEN ANDRE THE GIANT BODY SLAMMED HULK HOGAN AND TOOK HOGAN A LONG ASS TIME TO GET UP...I REMEMBER DOING THE LITTLE HULKSTER SHAKE THING THINKING IT WAS GIVING HIM POWER...DUDE I GOT A HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW CAUSE THATS A MEMORY I SHARED WITH MY POPS...LOL

Man u bringing back memories! I remember...Wrestlemania III. When Hulk tried to pick up Andre and Andre fell on him and almost pinned him. Me and my aunt were screaming for at the screen for him to get up. The next time Hulk tried to slam him, he did it! I was sooooo pumped!

My aunt died a few years ago and this really does bring back some memories. We would watch wrestling religiously. She would order Wrestlemania, we would load up on snacks, and it would just be us two having a fucking ball!

Man u bringing back memories! I remember...Wrestlemania III. When Hulk tried to pick up Andre and Andre fell on him and almost pinned him. Me and my aunt were screaming for at the screen for him to get up. The next time Hulk tried to slam him, he did it! I was sooooo pumped!

My aunt died a few years ago and this really does bring back some memories. We would watch wrestling religiously. She would order Wrestlemania, we would load up on snacks, and it would just be us two having a fucking ball!

EXACTLY...THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT...CAUSE THIS IS WHAT ME AND POPS USED TO DO...LOL

THIS WAS A WRESTLER FROM MY TIME...ALONG WITH HULK HOGAN, STING, ULTIMATE WARRIOR, STING, JUNK YARD DOG, AND JAKE THE SNAKE...SAD

Yeah me too... I wasn't into the WWF but my best friend was so I was kinda into it by default :lol: She was totally into The Hitman