OK IMMA USE YALL TO GET MY CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING

SloLove

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After you give them your weakness, turn to the left and spit then say "I'm trying to get over that shit"

you stooopid.

the best thing to do is just be honest. we all have weaknesses, some of us have more than others. sometimes I can be a little to hard to work with, but Im getting better at this...etc,etc.

you stooopid.

the best thing to do is just be honest. we all have weaknesses, some of us have more than others. sometimes I can be a little to hard to work with, but Im getting better at this...etc,etc.

THE TRUTH IS I HONESTLY CANT THINK OF ANYTHING...NOT SAYING THAT IM PERFECT BUT IM DRAWING A TOTAL BLANK WITH THIS ONE

FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW I HAVE AN ORAL BOARD INTERVIEW WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT NEXT MONTH...THERE'S GONNA BE A PANEL OF 4

A CONTACTED A CLASSMATE OF MINE WHO ALREADY WORKS FOR THEM AND HE WENT OVER A COUPLE THINGS THEY WILL PROBABLY ASK ME IN THE INTERVIEW

THEN A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A MAJOR CALL ME WHO HE KNOWS WHO ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND HE WANTS ME TO WRITE AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY BECAUSE HE SAID THE ORAL BOARD WAS BASICALLY YOU TRYING TO SELL YOURSELF

THE FIRST QUESTION IM WORKING ON IS...

1. WHAT IS YOUR WEAKNESS?

SHARE SOME OF YOUR WEAKNESSES WITH ME PLEASE, SO FAR I HAVE THAT MY WEAKNESS IS IM AN OVER-ACHEIVER/ VERY SELF CRITICAL...AND I NEVER FEEL AS THOUGH IVE DONE MY BEST AND I BEAT MYSELF UP ABOUT

I FIGURED I'D GO WITH SOMETHING THAT DOESNT MAKE ME LOOK TOO BAD THAT I WONT GET THE JOB, MY CLASSMATE SAID HE TOLD THEM HE WAS STUBBORN BUT HE'S WORKING ON IT

well first off I notice you are over selling yourself while under selling yourself, specifically weakness, your willing to state I strive for perfection and when I don't achieve it I beat myself up over it, that's not a weakness they want to know or hear you admit this is what I am not great at, its all about how in touch with yourself you are and what you need to do to overcome it, so I would sell it like this is where I come up short, because they already know everyone does, but your saying Im a perfectionist which very well may be the case, but then you say well when it aint perfect im mad, ummmmm honey buns, who aint? I know what it is to be a perfectionist fighting over a few points to make that A and 4.0 .....BUT if I had to answer the question I would say good and bad, and keep that shit real, when I am on, I am ON, when Im off it aint pretty, however as I have grown older I see what is not adequate and realize sure this may never be up to par in my opinion , perfectionist talk, however what I do know is where I am great at and I never under sell myself there, so I compensate, like we all do, I do what I do best damn well with confidence, almost arrogance, but I am humbled by my short comings and know they exist, knowing they do means I am in touch with what I can do and can't you do not want someone on your team that is not aware of who they are, that's what this question is about, who are you? and don't sell yourself like you just did, "oh im a perfectionist and when it's not perfect awwwww Im mad" BULLSHIT tell that shit as it is and keep it moving never forget you got heart and you have strength everyone does. My resume perfect example, I sell myself on the fact that I have a lengthy tenure with my employers which mean I don't jump from job to job, I have had two main jobs my life one was 7 years and the other almost a decade, so if you want someone with loyalty look no further, you need to take stock of what you have that is good and be honest about what is bad, BUT what they REALLY want to know is how you mitigate the bad, knowing it's there but you diminish it's affect on your performance. I want you to get the gig because you nervous and talking about it which means you want this, but keep dat shit real if God means it to be aint shit gonna stop it.....REAL TALK :cheers:

OH and I think you probably know but be confident more importantly competent, they will ask you why they should hire you? And what makes you qualified, firm handshakes send the first impression amongst men in the str8 world, eye contact, quick to respond, no umms, and speak with authority that's what they want, you show it hear, hell if you ever had caplock stuck stick it on the interview.

FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW I HAVE AN ORAL BOARD INTERVIEW WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT NEXT MONTH...THERE'S GONNA BE A PANEL OF 4

A CONTACTED A CLASSMATE OF MINE WHO ALREADY WORKS FOR THEM AND HE WENT OVER A COUPLE THINGS THEY WILL PROBABLY ASK ME IN THE INTERVIEW

THEN A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A MAJOR CALL ME WHO HE KNOWS WHO ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND HE WANTS ME TO WRITE AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY BECAUSE HE SAID THE ORAL BOARD WAS BASICALLY YOU TRYING TO SELL YOURSELF

THE FIRST QUESTION IM WORKING ON IS...

1. WHAT IS YOUR WEAKNESS?

SHARE SOME OF YOUR WEAKNESSES WITH ME PLEASE, SO FAR I HAVE THAT MY WEAKNESS IS IM AN OVER-ACHEIVER/ VERY SELF CRITICAL...AND I NEVER FEEL AS THOUGH IVE DONE MY BEST AND I BEAT MYSELF UP ABOUT

I FIGURED I'D GO WITH SOMETHING THAT DOESNT MAKE ME LOOK TOO BAD THAT I WONT GET THE JOB, MY CLASSMATE SAID HE TOLD THEM HE WAS STUBBORN BUT HE'S WORKING ON IT

I would steer clear of the "I'm an overachiever" is my weakness thing. You'll only get eyes rolling at you.

OH and I think you probably know but be confident more importantly competent, they will ask you why they should hire you? And what makes you qualified, firm handshakes send the first impression amongst men in the str8 world, eye contact, quick to respond, no umms, and speak with authority that's what they want, you show it hear, hell if you ever had caplock stuck stick it on the interview.

LOL YOU STOOPID...BUT THANK YOU, YOU GAVE ME GREAT ADVICE

Start by just being honest. Don't do the "I'm an overachiver stuff". Mention a real weakness you have, and it doesn't have to be a list, just one in fine. Also, then say how you'll work on it.

For me, I'm not great at speaking to large groups over 100 people, so I've decide to take a public speaking course, and I'm also reading a new book on the topic blah blah blah.

Start by just being honest. Don't do the "I'm an overachiver stuff". Mention a real weakness you have, and it doesn't have to be a list, just one in fine. Also, then say how you'll work on it.

For me, I'm not great at speaking to large groups over 100 people, so I've decide to take a public speaking course, and I'm also reading a new book on the topic blah blah blah.

I know I was long winded but you can never have too much advice, I basically was saying don't go telling them "Im perfect and when Im not im mad" I would be humble yet sell those points of you that are great and honestly tell them a real weakness but be prepared to state how you deal with it effectively, and I would definitely sign it off with "and that's why I would be a good team player, because everyone has somethings they're good at and others they're not, I am aware of what I can offer and what I can't, worst thing anyone can do is to jump on board and try to play a role that's not them"

I GOT IT...THANKS...BUT I HONESTLY CANT THINK OF A REAL WEAKNESS I HAVE RIGHT NOW...SO MAYBE I WILL GO WITH THE PUBLIC SPEAKING THING...THATS PRETTY DECENT

I know I was long winded but you can never have too much advice, I basically was saying don't go telling them "Im perfect and when Im not im mad" I would be humble yet sell those points of you that are great and honestly tell them a real weakness but be prepared to state how you deal with it effectively, and I would definitely sign it off with "and that's why I would be a good team player, because everyone has somethings they're good at and others they're not, I am aware of what I can offer and what I can't, worst thing anyone can do is to jump on board and try to play a role that's not them"

My bad, you and a few other people said similar stuff, and I skipped over those.

I once said I was impatient so to overcome that u started tutoring middle school children that were below the State standards and I worked with them and used various methods to help them learn and improve their test scores. From there I learned to be more patient and I learned more from them than they realized. I got the job. But I'm trying to leave as I don't have enough patience for these people.

I've actually referenced this forum before for a previous job.

I once said I was impatient so to overcome that u started tutoring middle school children that were below the State standards and I worked with them and used various methods to help them learn and improve their test scores. From there I learned to be more patient and I learned more from them than they realized. I got the job. But I'm trying to leave as I don't have enough patience for these people.

I've actually referenced this forum before for a previous job.

OH WOW THATS GREAT ANGIE...SEE I KNEW SOME OF YALL WOULD COME THRU FOR A BROTHA...THANKS FOR ALL YOU GUYS INPUT...YOUR NEXT TRIP TO MIAMI IS ON ME...ONCE I GET THE JOB OF COURSE...LOL

OH WOW THATS GREAT ANGIE...SEE I KNEW SOME OF YALL WOULD COME THRU FOR A BROTHA...THANKS FOR ALL YOU GUYS INPUT...YOUR NEXT TRIP TO MIAMI IS ON ME...ONCE I GET THE JOB OF COURSE...LOL

You're welcome and good luck on that interview. I work in HR so I know what it's like being the interviewer and interviewee.

You're welcome and good luck on that interview. I work in HR so I know what it's like being the interviewer and interviewee.

AHHHH AN INSIDE SCOOP...IM PRETTY CONFIDENT IN MYSELF...I USUALLY TURN INTO A BEAST DURING IMPORTANT TIMES...DONT KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM THOUGH LOL

Chile I guess I speak well or something cause its not been a job that I go for and didn't get it, now there are some jobs I went for got it and left they asses hell :filenails:

AHHHH AN INSIDE SCOOP...IM PRETTY CONFIDENT IN MYSELF...I USUALLY TURN INTO A BEAST DURING IMPORTANT TIMES...DONT KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM THOUGH LOL

we got confident, :rolleyes: you really should try to do your research on that particular employer too, know things that would surprise them at the interview, it shows you took time to prepare, know what their mottos are or expectations companies have those all the time some shit they throw on a wall that few people care about but it's there, like my last job ours was quality performance and sum other shit I didnt give a fuck about :filenails:

we got confident, :rolleyes: you really should try to do your research on that particular employer too, know things that would surprise them at the interview, it shows you took time to prepare, know what their mottos are or expectations companies have those all the time some shit they throw on a wall that few people care about but it's there, like my last job ours was quality performance and sum other shit I didnt give a fuck about :filenails:

ALREADY DONE...I KNOW THEY HAVE THE BEST ARREST RECORD...STILL DOING RESEARCH

OH AND GOOD NEWS...I GOT A LETTER FROM ANOTHER POLICE DEPARTMENT...THEY SAID IM NUMBER 4 ON THEIR ELIGIBILITY LIST AND THEY WILL CALL ME WHEN THEY GET TO MY NAME...I GOT A 90 ON MY TEST AND 5 EXTRA PTS FOR BEING A VETERAN

OH AND GOOD NEWS...I GOT A LETTER FROM ANOTHER POLICE DEPARTMENT...THEY SAID IM NUMBER 4 ON THEIR ELIGIBILITY LIST AND THEY WILL CALL ME WHEN THEY GET TO MY NAME...I GOT A 90 ON MY TEST AND 5 EXTRA PTS FOR BEING A VETERAN

Oh cool. :clapping:

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Go Slolove and get that money.

Now if we could just get you to be nicer to me you'd be the total package... :shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

Archived